Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How much does your spouse know about football? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43750)

Alvin Walton 08-30-2011 09:00 AM

Re: How much does your spouse know about football?

My wife's family is from the Chicago area so they are all Bears fans.
But she didn't know squat about football until she met me.
She has a pretty good grip of the game and knows who most of the important players are.
I get tired of the Bears rah rah stuff though.
At Christmas time I always move her Bears ornament to the back of the tree.

Slingin Sammy 33 08-30-2011 09:10 AM

God Bless my wife. She couldn't have cared less about football before we got together, but with me playing, coaching our son, and eventually coaching HS, she's been "all in". She was team Mom a couple years for my son's team and has been on the sideline helping in mid-30 degree driving rain.

She knows and understands most of the game and can hold a knowledgable conversation on it. She likes Brees (he's really accurate and does a good job) and Clay Matthews (he Fs people up), she's a Raiders fan but she knows "they won't be good with Al Davis or his son running it". During the season, football's on every night but Tues/Wed. Like I said in the other thread, suffering through Bachelor or DWTS is a worthwhile trade-off.

skinsfan69 08-30-2011 09:23 AM

Not married but my gf doesn't really like it. I'm glad she doesn't like it too. Football Sundays are my day. Leave me alone.

firstdown 08-30-2011 10:03 AM

My wife will watch the skins games but it is not as easy with a little one. She had her nap timed with the games but that didn't last too long. I'll have to say she ask every year about going to a game or two and its me who has not really cared if we did or didn't go.

BDBohnzie 08-30-2011 11:09 AM

My wife grew up in a household that watched a lot of football, hockey, baseball, boxing, so she has a genuine interest in watching those sports. And while she doesn't keep up with current rosters and such, she knows who the big name players are. We go to one Redskins game a year, and our 3 year old and 2 year old know that Sundays in the fall are for "touchdown redskins". I even get to watch it during dinner instead of Dora or Wonder Pets, or whatever cartoon the kids are into that very moment.

firstdown 08-30-2011 01:25 PM

I had my wife believing that everytime the skins scored that she was suppose to remove a peice of clothing for good luck. She either figured out that I was lying or that it was not working.

GMScud 08-30-2011 01:27 PM

I am a blessed man. My wife is actually in more fantasy football leagues (3) than than me (2). She LOVES football, knows the ins and outs of the rules, and knows just as much about stats/players as any guy I know. On Sundays in the fall, she's completely content to just chill and watch game after game. It started with her love of Gator football when she was a kid growing up outside of Orlando, and when she met me, she got really into the pro game.

Monkeydad 08-30-2011 01:29 PM

[quote=firstdown;829143]I had my wife believing that[B] everytime the skins scored that she was suppose to remove a peice of clothing [/B]for good luck. She either figured out that I was lying or that it was not working.[/quote]

Sorry about your decade-long dry spell. During those Zorn years, it seems like 17 points was our ceiling...and we only hit that a couple of times!

Things are looking up this year though!

Longtimefan 08-30-2011 05:04 PM

Nothing!! Plus, she doesn't care that she knows nothing.

skinsfaninok 08-30-2011 05:19 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;829081]Not married but my gf doesn't really like it. I'm glad she doesn't like it too. Football Sundays are my day. Leave me alone.[/quote]

Yep.

skinsfaninok 08-30-2011 05:21 PM

[quote=GMScud;829145]I am a blessed man. My wife is actually in more fantasy football leagues (3) than than me (2). She LOVES football, knows the ins and outs of the rules, and knows just as much about stats/players as any guy I know. On Sundays in the fall, she's completely content to just chill and watch game after game. It started with her love of Gator football when she was a kid growing up outside of Orlando, and when she met me, she got really into the pro game.[/quote]

Dude your the luckiest guy in the world! I can't get my wife to watch OU (where she went!) much less NFL

GMScud 08-30-2011 05:25 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;829195]Dude your the luckiest guy in the world! I can't get my wife to watch OU (where she went!) much less NFL[/quote]

The best is when she's wearing nothing but a jersey (actually happens a lot when it's just the two of us watching a night game) and she's cheering and yelling at the TV. It's so awesome. Trust me, I don't take it for granted even one little bit. Reason #632 that I asked her to marry me.

Schneed10 08-30-2011 06:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;829081]Not married but my gf doesn't really like it. I'm glad she doesn't like it too. Football Sundays are my day. Leave me alone.[/quote]

This is me, too. For me I'd feel like George Costanza, the worlds would collide. If relationship Schneed walked into the living room on Sunday afternoon, he would kill football fanatic Schneed.

Spouses need their time apart and separate interests. Football is mine. Book club is hers.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-30-2011 06:40 PM

My wife loves football, a diehard Giants fan but other than that she knows a lot about it and watches every Sat and Sun.

skinsfaninok 08-30-2011 07:58 PM

[quote=gmscud;829198]the best is when she's wearing nothing but a jersey (actually happens a lot when it's just the two of us watching a night game) and she's cheering and yelling at the tv. It's so awesome. Trust me, i don't take it for granted even one little bit. Reason #632 that i asked her to marry me.[/quote]

**** u dude lmao