Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roster Cuts coming and gone (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43769)

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 08:41 AM

Roster Cuts coming and gone

I don't have any breaking news but with all the cuts about to happen, seemed to me like a new thread might be in order. Anyone see a surprise cut or two from the Skins this round. I think Malcolm Kelly is the biggest cut coming. He has yet to play, or practice, and I think the FO has had enough. If he isn't ready to go, and MS said that his injury isn't worthy of IR, than why keep him, even for the TB game?

NC_Skins 08-30-2011 08:44 AM

Re: Roster Cuts coming and gone

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/43323-2011-redskins-roster-aquisition-deletion-list.html[/url]

Lotus 08-30-2011 09:51 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;829070][url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/43323-2011-redskins-roster-aquisition-deletion-list.html[/url][/quote]

Redirect to a closed thread. Brilliant!

CRed, I agree that Kelly is likely gone. I've always liked him and his loss makes me sad but it is a necessary move.

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 10:00 AM

[quote=Lotus;829084]Redirect to a closed thread. Brilliant!

CRed, I agree that Kelly is likely gone. I've always liked him and his loss makes me sad but it is a necessary move.[/quote]

I figured this thread could take over where the part 3 FA threads left off. Over the course of the next week I believe 1100 or so NFL players will lose their job, certainly some will be discussed as potential Skins players, or just out of the shock value of some of the names.

Kelly is a shame, because of his seeming potential, but what a shame his body just never went along.

NC_Skins 08-30-2011 10:22 AM

[quote=Lotus;829084]Redirect to a closed thread. Brilliant!
[/quote]

It's a thread at the very top of this forum. You are supposed to PM the mods the changes in the roster and they update it. They call them "Sticky-ed Threads"

Brilliant!

edit: Just change the title to reflect NFL Free Agency Part 4 (roster cuts/additions) and ask mods to close the other one. It's probably time to restart another one anyway.

Daseal 08-30-2011 10:51 AM

If you do update the new thread, can you please have a new section for "after camp" cuts? Or maybe Cut down to 75: and then Cut down to 53:

Sometimes threads like that, if unorganized, can be confusing.

Jontrem 08-30-2011 10:56 AM

Predictions of cuts at this point are difficult but here are some guys who I think are on the bubble and won't make it:
Banks (the new KO rules really hurt him and combined with his health questions no need to keep him)
Niles Paul (hope he stays on the PS though as I can see him being able to contribute to this team
Royster will be cut maybe put on the PS
Clemens will be cut
MK cut as well

There is a few, no earth shaking predictions there I guess

Defensewins 08-30-2011 11:03 AM

It is looking like Mike Sellers will be cut. Paulsen has demonstrated he is ready to take Sellers roster spot.

Malcolm Kelly will join the rest of the Vincenzo Cerrato draft picks in the unemployment line. Jarvis Jenkins has demonstrated NFL potential. MK has not.

Bucket 08-30-2011 11:36 AM

Paulsen has demonstrated that he's ready to take the #2 spot, and move Davis to #1. I love Cooley, but he now has a bum knee and Paulsen blocks better.

I dont think we would ever trade Cooley though, and I think he'll be here till his last days in the NFL

SmootSmack 08-30-2011 11:46 AM

Ben Chappell

skinsfaninok 08-30-2011 11:55 AM

Stallworth for sure IMO

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 12:05 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829125]Ben Chappell[/quote]

Smoooot!!!

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen
A league source confirms that the #Redskins will release QB Ben Chappell as part of today's first batch of roster cuts.
14 seconds ago

SmootSmack 08-30-2011 12:14 PM

I mean it wasn't a prediction. I knew it was coming so I posted it. Wait, is this thread for predictions?

Clint Stisner or whatever his name is is gone as well.

SirClintonPortis 08-30-2011 12:43 PM

Stallworth's lack of effort on the Beck pick is sure to knock him off the roster.

BigHairedAristocrat 08-30-2011 01:02 PM

Who will be this years Ade Jimoh - a player everyone thinks should be cut, but he sticks around year after year for no reason at all, other than that he must blackmailed a coach?

My vote is Kellen Clemmons. As useless as he is to us, i cant see us not going with 3 QBs.

T.O.Killa 08-30-2011 02:03 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;829138]Who will be this years Ade Jimoh - a player everyone thinks should be cut, but he sticks around year after year for no reason at all, other than that he must blackmailed a coach?

My vote is Kellen Clemmons. As useless as he is to us, i cant see us not going with 3 QBs.[/quote]
Ade Jimoh's name is Byron Westbrook now. Although, everytime they have put him out there this year at CB he has done well. Actualy, I think he started against the Ravens.

FRPLG 08-30-2011 02:05 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;829138]Who will be this years Ade Jimoh - a player everyone thinks should be cut, but he sticks around year after year for no reason at all, other than that he must blackmailed a coach?

[B]My vote is Kellen Clemmons. As useless as he is to us, i cant see us not going with 3 QBs.[/B][/quote]

It would be a shock if we kept more than 2. At this point we could use the roster spot and people aren't jumping around trying to bring Kellen in. In a pinch he can get resigned. I seriously doubt he makes the initial 53.

T.O.Killa 08-30-2011 03:10 PM

I would be real suprised if they kept three, unless Clemens is another one of Shannahans Favorite QB's From 2006.

Lotus 08-30-2011 03:34 PM

I would be surprised if we don't keep 3 QB's. But that doesn't mean that Clemens will be the third. Let's see who gets cut over the next week...we might have a new young gun a week from now.

SmootSmack 08-30-2011 03:42 PM

Xavier Fulton is gone as well.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-30-2011 03:43 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829164]Xavier Fulton is gone as well.[/quote][IMG]http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/535303/nooooo.jpg[/IMG]

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 03:49 PM

Kelli Johnson

Skins also release QB Ben Chappell, OL Xavier Fulton, LB Eric McBride & K Clint Stitser. De Jarvis Jenkins was placed on IR
6 minutes ago

Malcolm Kelly was waived/Injured and received an injury settlement.

SmootSmack 08-30-2011 04:00 PM

No surprises so far. Not even Kelly's injury settlement.

Well, the McBride cut was surprising...since I didn't even know he was on the team

Ruhskins 08-30-2011 04:03 PM

Interesting tidbit on Kelly....

"John Keim
training staff warned FO not to take b/c of knee RT @Snide_Remarks Kelly was a good guy, bad knee. #Redskins should have never taken him."

Oh Vinny.

SouperMeister 08-30-2011 04:08 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;829172]Interesting tidbit on Kelly....

"John Keim
training staff warned FO not to take b/c of knee RT @Snide_Remarks Kelly was a good guy, bad knee. #Redskins should have never taken him."

Oh Vinny.[/quote]Ray Rice was still on the board when Kelly was selected. Matt Millen may as well have been making our picks as bad as the 2008 draft turned out. Ten selections, and ZERO consistent starters. Thanks Vinny.

Chico23231 08-30-2011 04:15 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;829172]Interesting tidbit on Kelly....

"John Keim

Oh Vinny.[/quote]

wow stupidity at its greatest height. So the injury prone label did stick with Kelly and we knew it when we drafted him. Im so glad that POS Vinny is gone.

Longtimefan 08-30-2011 04:20 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;829069]I don't have any breaking news but with all the cuts about to happen, seemed to me like a new thread might be in order. Anyone see a surprise cut or two from the Skins this round. I think Malcolm Kelly is the biggest cut coming. He has yet to play, or practice, and I think the FO has had enough. If he isn't ready to go, and MS said that his injury isn't worthy of IR, than why keep him, even for the TB game?[/quote]

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/malcolm-kelly-appears-unlikely-to-survive-cuts/2011/08/30/gIQAkTotpJ_blog.html]Malcolm Kelly is cut by Redskins - The Insider - The Washington Post[/url]

SOUL-SKINS 08-30-2011 04:20 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829171]No surprises so far. Not even Kelly's injury settlement.

Well, the McBride cut was surprising...since I didn't even know he was on the team[/quote]

Lmao

GMScud 08-30-2011 04:30 PM

[quote=Defensewins;829105]It is looking like Mike Sellers will be cut. Paulsen has demonstrated he is ready to take Sellers roster spot.

Malcolm Kelly will join the rest of the Vincenzo Cerrato draft picks in the unemployment line. Jarvis Jenkins has demonstrated NFL potential. MK has not.[/quote]

I love Caveman and everything he's done here, but the writing is kind of on the wall for him. He's our 4th best TE and our starting FB is like 13 or 14 years younger than him.

freddyg12 08-30-2011 04:34 PM

I'm disappointed in Chappell, though I remember reading he wasn't really a good fit here. I was hoping a QB out of nowhere would look promising & make it as a 3rd.

Ruhskins 08-30-2011 04:39 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;829173]Ray Rice was still on the board when Kelly was selected. Matt Millen may as well have been making our picks as bad as the 2008 draft turned out. Ten selections, and ZERO consistent starters. Thanks Vinny.[/quote]

If we really wanted a RB during that draft, we could have gone with Rice or Jamaal Charles. Also, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, and Rashard Mendenhall were available at the bottom of the first round.

T.O.Killa 08-30-2011 04:40 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829171]No surprises so far. Not even Kelly's injury settlement.

Well, the McBride cut was surprising...since I didn't even know he was on the team[/quote]
Now the McBride thing is funny as S**t.

SirClintonPortis 08-30-2011 04:43 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;829182]If we really wanted a RB during that draft, we could have gone with Rice or Jamaal Charles. Also, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, and Rashard Mendenhall were available at the bottom of the first round.[/quote]

Never underestimate the power of "but we already have stud running back _________, therefore overkill" logic.

Defensewins 08-30-2011 05:00 PM

[quote=GMScud;829179]I love Caveman and everything he's done here, but the writing is kind of on the wall for him. He's our 4th best TE and our starting FB is like 13 or 14 years younger than him.[/quote]

I can not believe how long Sellers has played and at a very physically punishing position. It is amazing he has lasted as long as he has given how physical he plays. I wonder if he will be one of those guys that for unexplained reasons keeps a roster spot just for his special teams play?

backrow 08-30-2011 05:06 PM

My vote is Kellen Clemmons. As useless as he is to us, i cant see us not going with 3 QBs.[/quote]

I'm with you BHA! Reed Doughty is the answer!

Ruhskins 08-30-2011 05:21 PM

Information on other cuts, courtesy of my wife Kelly Johnson:

"Kelli Johnson
The redskins also cut TE Joe Torchia, DB Dante Barnes, DB Tyrone Grant & OL Corey O'Daniel... To get down to the mandatory 80 man roster"

Swarley 08-30-2011 05:24 PM

[quote=backrow;829192]I'm with you BHA! Reed Doughty is the answer![/quote]

the answer to what? being useless but not getting cut?

Longtimefan 08-30-2011 06:31 PM

This makes one wonder if Kelly's heart and mind are actually set on seriously playing the game of football.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/malcom-kelly-release-from-redskins-not-a-surprise/2011/08/30/gIQAbw1FqJ_blog.html]Malcom Kelly: Release from Redskins not a surprise - The Insider - The Washington Post[/url]

SkinzWin 08-30-2011 07:10 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;829196]Information on other cuts, courtesy of my wife Kelly Johnson:

"Kelli Johnson
The redskins also cut TE Joe Torchia, DB Dante Barnes, DB Tyrone Grant & OL Corey O'Daniel... To get down to the mandatory 80 man roster"[/quote]

You just have to name drop that wife line in there every time don't you? Lol

skinsfan69 08-30-2011 07:29 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;829173]Ray Rice was still on the board when Kelly was selected. Matt Millen may as well have been making our picks as bad as the 2008 draft turned out. Ten selections, and ZERO consistent starters. Thanks Vinny.[/quote]

I was just going to say out of all the guys he drafted that year not one is contributing. Maybe Fred Davis is a little bit. Vinny Cerrato will never work in football again.