Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43874)

Lotus 09-10-2011 09:04 PM

Re: Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery

[quote=SmootSmack;833153]So the rumor, which I think was just a rumor, was that the Colts had a placed a call to NE to inquire about Mallet[/quote]

Why trade for Mallet when the smart thing to do is Suck for Luck? :)

Kindoy 09-10-2011 09:16 PM

mallet is gonna be a stud in this league eventually

SolidSnake84 09-10-2011 10:44 PM

News on Peyton seems more and more grim each day.

I have so much respect for him, I really hope he considers retirement. Nobody is saying it yet, but the only way I think he would return this year is if the Colts have a chance to make the playoffs when he is ready to return.

This reminds me literally of the movie Any Given Sunday.

But seriously, he would be 37 next year if he returns, coming off three neck surgeries and dealing with the issue of reduced arm / throwing strength due to nerve damage. I hope he can make a full recovery for his life after football, i don't think it's worth risking everything to play one more year with such a bad neck and risking his life possibly on every play.

Peyton has the money and he doesn't need to play because he's broke. He can still stay involved in football and I'm sure that Indy gives him a job with the organization. I don't want to totally write him off just yet but it seems like he has a lot working against him in his comeback.

I can't really compare him and Favre, because like others have pointed out, Brett took a beating every year but his body was always ready on game day. The only surgery i think he ever had during his career was to repair the bone spurs in his ankle. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

VegasSkinsFan 09-10-2011 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=Kindoy;833162]mallet is gonna be a stud in this league eventually[/QUOTE]

I really don't see it. I think he has talent, I just see him as a guy that dropped in the draft for a reason. Lots if qbs look good running the pats offense, even if it is preseason. Think the chiefs wouldn't like a do over on the Cassel contract?

44ever 09-11-2011 03:50 PM

Man, looks like the Colts Empire has finally fallen... 34-0 Texans... Game not even over. Time for The Redskins new Era of Domination to begin!!!

SolidSnake84 09-11-2011 05:10 PM

The colts are going to suck hard this year. No way manning comes back this season. The season is over.

I have a lot of love for Kerry Collins, but he has been brutal and the whole team i think has mentally fallen on hard times without #18. Things don't look good for them when Manning does retire.

Ruhskins 09-11-2011 05:13 PM

I think the Colts are going to suck, but let's not forget that the Texans are a pretty good team. If this had been the Chiefs beating the Colts 34-7, then it would be beyond terrible.

doughtydoubter 09-11-2011 10:15 PM

matt schaubs time to shine here.