Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43874)

wilsowilso 09-04-2011 11:23 PM

Re: Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery

[quote=VegasSkinsFan;830894] Wonder how much flack he's going to take for signing the contract first?[/quote]

What flack can you give Peyton Manning?

If he can't play anymore he would probably give the money back or donate it to charity.

Even though I will always give great respect to Peyton......Tom Brady is better.

Nobody pay attention to that statement. That's just for Gtripp.

I can't very well compliment Manning publicly without such disclaimer.

BigHairedAristocrat 09-04-2011 11:46 PM

[quote=Mattyk;830880]Say hello to a losing season for Indy.[/quote]

No, mort and Schefter both confirmed manning has NO 2nd surgery scheduled. He's just recovering slowly from his last surgery which is not unexpected. Tissue regeneration takes time.

diehard 09-04-2011 11:51 PM

I can see him retiring after signing this recent contract. Indianapolis didn't owe him any more money and Peyton was being greedy knowing he was ailing. But he'll get off easy [insert race card here].

12thMan 09-04-2011 11:55 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;830902]No, mort and Schefter both confirmed manning has NO 2nd surgery scheduled. He's just recovering slowly from his last surgery which is not unexpected. Tissue regeneration takes time.[/quote]

Whatever the case may be, he's not starting next week and he's out indefinitely.

MTK 09-04-2011 11:55 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;830902]No, mort and Schefter both confirmed manning has NO 2nd surgery scheduled. He's just recovering slowly from his last surgery which is not unexpected. Tissue regeneration takes time.[/quote]

Gotcha, just saying without him, if that's the case, they are doomed.

I hope he can play, he's one of my favorite players to watch.

mooby 09-05-2011 12:14 AM

I'll second that Matty. I've always been a fan of Peyton and the way he plays qb. I guess with Peyton out we'll really get a true value of just how much he contributes to the team. My guess is the Colts won't look anything what they've looked like for the past decade.

SmootSmack 09-05-2011 12:25 AM

For all the love the Colts front office gets, surprised they have never really been called out for not truly preparing for the Peyton might not play anymore.

12thMan 09-05-2011 12:27 AM

I'm actually more interested to see what he plays like when he does return. Neck injuries are nothing to eff around with.

MTK 09-05-2011 12:28 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;830912]For all the love the Colts front office gets, surprised they have never really been called out for not truly preparing for the Peyton might not play anymore.[/quote]

True, they could have gone the Aaron Rodgers route, but that creates problems of it's own.

That Guy 09-05-2011 12:40 AM

wouldn't it be stupid for them to lose peyton for this year and waltz into andrew luck... I think I'd cry.

SirClintonPortis 09-05-2011 12:58 AM

[quote=That Guy;830918]wouldn't it be stupid for them to lose peyton for this year and waltz into andrew luck... I think I'd cry.[/quote]

Better them than Dallas.

12thMan 09-05-2011 12:59 AM

Peter King is also reporting that Peyton Manning has a sore back too.

TheSmurfs22 09-05-2011 01:14 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;830912]For all the love the Colts front office gets, surprised they have never really been called out for not truly preparing for the Peyton might not play anymore.[/quote]

`~~~~~~
Agreed. They had to know that one day they would have to go on with Manning. Poor planning by them.

MTK 09-05-2011 01:17 AM

Jeez you would think he's retiring by some of these reactions lol

skinsfaninok 09-05-2011 01:30 AM

The colts will go back to the same old colts when manning does hang it up for good