Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43874)

12thMan 09-04-2011 09:44 PM

Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery

Not a good development if you're a Colts fan.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/]Indy radio host says Peyton needs another neck procedure | ProFootballTalk[/url]

skinsfaninok 09-04-2011 09:45 PM

Re: Report: Peyton Manning Needs 2nd Neck Surgery

wow

MTK 09-04-2011 09:47 PM

Say hello to a losing season for Indy.

12thMan 09-04-2011 09:49 PM

Even if the second surgery goes well, is the type of injury that he wants to play with again? Football is a brutal sport and I'm sure players will be gunning for him if he returns.

doughtydoubter 09-04-2011 09:50 PM

is this confirmed by anybody other than a radio host?

NYCskinfan82 09-04-2011 09:51 PM

Indy just gave him all that $$$$, I wonder if their thinking can we void that contract.

Kindoy 09-04-2011 09:52 PM

It was somewhat obvious that something was wrong when they brought in Collins. Not like the Colts to be making panic moves like that.

wilsowilso 09-04-2011 09:52 PM

Maybe we can trade INDY Miracle Man waiting to happen John Beck?

Or Grossman?

12thMan 09-04-2011 09:53 PM

Well until the Colts organization releases a statement, then it's not confirmed. But a few sources are reporting it. I guess we'll see.

NC_Skins 09-04-2011 09:55 PM

I previously had the Bengals finishing first in the Andrew Luck series. I think we may have a new winner with the Peytonless Colts.

Can you imagine them getting another high profile QB right when Manning is finishing his career?...lol FUUUUUUUU

MTK 09-04-2011 09:57 PM

[quote=12thMan;830881]Even if the second surgery goes well, is the type of injury that he wants to play with again? Football is a brutal sport and I'm sure players will be gunning for him if he returns.[/quote]

He's already had a couple of surgeries to his neck.

MTK 09-04-2011 09:58 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;830889]I previously had the Bengals finishing first in the Andrew Luck series. I think we may have a new winner with the Peytonless Colts.

Can you imagine them getting another high profile QB right when Manning is finishing his career?...lol FUUUUUUUU[/quote]

Even without Manning I don't see them as 2-14 kind of bad. Maybe 5-11, 6-10.

VegasSkinsFan 09-04-2011 10:13 PM

damn, as much as I hate him taking 30 seconds to snap the damn ball he is clearly one of the best that have ever played the position. Wonder how much flack he's going to take for signing the contract first?

Lotus 09-04-2011 10:19 PM

Finally the great Curtis Painter gets out of the shadow of the sucky Manning, although Grandpa Collins might steal his thunder.

Colts winning season string comes to an end.

VegasSkinsFan 09-04-2011 10:21 PM

it would suck to be a skins fan right now. I would get a dog just to kick it <--vick reference for the win

wilsowilso 09-04-2011 10:23 PM

[quote=VegasSkinsFan;830894] Wonder how much flack he's going to take for signing the contract first?[/quote]

What flack can you give Peyton Manning?

If he can't play anymore he would probably give the money back or donate it to charity.

Even though I will always give great respect to Peyton......Tom Brady is better.

Nobody pay attention to that statement. That's just for Gtripp.

I can't very well compliment Manning publicly without such disclaimer.

BigHairedAristocrat 09-04-2011 10:46 PM

[quote=Mattyk;830880]Say hello to a losing season for Indy.[/quote]

No, mort and Schefter both confirmed manning has NO 2nd surgery scheduled. He's just recovering slowly from his last surgery which is not unexpected. Tissue regeneration takes time.

diehard 09-04-2011 10:51 PM

I can see him retiring after signing this recent contract. Indianapolis didn't owe him any more money and Peyton was being greedy knowing he was ailing. But he'll get off easy [insert race card here].

12thMan 09-04-2011 10:55 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;830902]No, mort and Schefter both confirmed manning has NO 2nd surgery scheduled. He's just recovering slowly from his last surgery which is not unexpected. Tissue regeneration takes time.[/quote]

Whatever the case may be, he's not starting next week and he's out indefinitely.

MTK 09-04-2011 10:55 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;830902]No, mort and Schefter both confirmed manning has NO 2nd surgery scheduled. He's just recovering slowly from his last surgery which is not unexpected. Tissue regeneration takes time.[/quote]

Gotcha, just saying without him, if that's the case, they are doomed.

I hope he can play, he's one of my favorite players to watch.

mooby 09-04-2011 11:14 PM

I'll second that Matty. I've always been a fan of Peyton and the way he plays qb. I guess with Peyton out we'll really get a true value of just how much he contributes to the team. My guess is the Colts won't look anything what they've looked like for the past decade.

SmootSmack 09-04-2011 11:25 PM

For all the love the Colts front office gets, surprised they have never really been called out for not truly preparing for the Peyton might not play anymore.

12thMan 09-04-2011 11:27 PM

I'm actually more interested to see what he plays like when he does return. Neck injuries are nothing to eff around with.

MTK 09-04-2011 11:28 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;830912]For all the love the Colts front office gets, surprised they have never really been called out for not truly preparing for the Peyton might not play anymore.[/quote]

True, they could have gone the Aaron Rodgers route, but that creates problems of it's own.

That Guy 09-04-2011 11:40 PM

wouldn't it be stupid for them to lose peyton for this year and waltz into andrew luck... I think I'd cry.

SirClintonPortis 09-04-2011 11:58 PM

[quote=That Guy;830918]wouldn't it be stupid for them to lose peyton for this year and waltz into andrew luck... I think I'd cry.[/quote]

Better them than Dallas.

12thMan 09-04-2011 11:59 PM

Peter King is also reporting that Peyton Manning has a sore back too.

TheSmurfs22 09-05-2011 12:14 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;830912]For all the love the Colts front office gets, surprised they have never really been called out for not truly preparing for the Peyton might not play anymore.[/quote]

`~~~~~~
Agreed. They had to know that one day they would have to go on with Manning. Poor planning by them.

MTK 09-05-2011 12:17 AM

Jeez you would think he's retiring by some of these reactions lol

skinsfaninok 09-05-2011 12:30 AM

The colts will go back to the same old colts when manning does hang it up for good

Lotus 09-05-2011 12:45 AM

[quote=Mattyk;830914]True, they could have gone the Aaron Rodgers route, but that creates problems of it's own.[/quote]

Yes. For example, just how much money can they sink into the QB position? Given Manning's salary, to have a high quality backup is to have a troubled cap situation.

saden1 09-05-2011 01:23 AM

Wow...they are going to suck hard. Serves them right for not developing young qb. They make the Packers look genius with the 4th string qbs on thier roster.

SirClintonPortis 09-05-2011 01:24 AM

[quote=saden1;830950]Wow...they are going to suck hard. Serves them right for not developing young qb. They make the Packers look genius with the 4th string qbs on thier roster.[/quote]No need. Suck for Luck and profit from perfect timing!!!

mooby 09-05-2011 01:30 AM

Great point, that's definitely right. Matty might be right in that it could bring more problems, ala what the Packers had with Favre waffling on retirement and them turning the team over to Rodgers, but all the same that's a good problem to have. I'd rather have that problem than the "pick the lesser of two evils at QB" problem we seem to have now.

As for the Colts entering the "suck for Luck" campaign, that remains to be seen how they play without Peyton. But it would appear it's time for the Colts to start planning for a future without Peyton because it looks like at some point that his neck problems might prevent him from playing as long as he wants to. He might want to think about what his future might be like post football with serious neck problems.

Giantone 09-05-2011 08:45 AM

Manning isn't leaving football(as a player) like this ....not yet. As for the contract flak for what ,this guy took "less" money to keep other players around.Kerry Collins isn't the answer but it's not a bad sub.8-8 for the Colts

skinsfan69 09-05-2011 09:20 AM

Wow. Huge loss for Indy. They're just an averaged team w/out him.

JoeRedskin 09-05-2011 09:51 AM

[quote=Lotus;830946]Yes. For example, just how much money can they sink into the QB position? Given Manning's salary, to have a high quality backup is to have a troubled cap situation.[/quote]

True. But when Brady retires, does anyone think N.E. will suck? They won't be as good, but no one (assuming current FO is intact) thinks they will start tanking.

44ever 09-05-2011 09:55 AM

Source: No Peyton Manning surgery

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6932377/no-plans-more-surgery-indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-source-says]No plans for more surgery on Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning, source says - ESPN[/url]

Either way terrible news for the NFL as a whole.

Alvin Walton 09-05-2011 10:51 AM

Thats too bad.....but on the Luck side of things......I'd rather he go to Indy than to an NFC team.

Ruhskins 09-05-2011 01:08 PM

Yeah, they could've pull a NE and get a later round prospect with promising talent (i.e. Mallet).