Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins and NFC East Record prediction (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43918)

NC_Skins 09-06-2011 03:33 PM

Redskins and NFC East Record prediction

Since the final roster is intact and the last preseason game has been played, I generally find this is the appropriate time to gauge the potential of a team. That said, lets get on with the show.

[SIZE="4"][B]
[B]NFC East Standings:[/B]

1) Eagles (10-6)
2) Redskins (9-7)
3) Giants (8-8)
4) Cowboys (5-11)[/B][/SIZE]

[U][SIZE="5"][B]Redskins - (9-7)[/B] [/SIZE][/U] I think their offseason and draft have been amazing and by far have shown more progress (as a team) than any other team in the NFC East this year, with the exception of Philly. They've upgraded in all the areas they were severely lacking last year, and have an additional year of experience in the system. I look for this team to surprise many across the nation. (both pundits and Redskins debbie downer fans) The trades we made were absolutely brilliant. Trading a guy who eventually got cut for a starting WR, as well as trading a backup DL for a starting RB. Reminds me of when we got fleeced back on that Portis trade. Guess who was the mastermind behind that fleecing? Yup, you guessed it. Shanny.

[SIZE="5"][U][B]Giants - (8-8)[/B] [/U][/SIZE]Did anybody notify the Giants that the lockout had ended? It would seem they didn't do a damn thing this past off-season but get worse. They lost key spots at the WR, TE, and OL without really addressing those losses. I think the big thing for them is how that OL is going to hold up, and will it be able produce those rushing numbers we've seen over the past years. My guess is no, but the one saving grace from them is their defensive line is probably the best in the league. Also to note, they no longer have Matt Dodge to blame for a 20+ point 4th quarter meltdown.

[U][SIZE="5"][B]Eagles- (10- 6) [/B][/SIZE][/U] Nobody had a more "Redskin" type of off-season than Philly. Seems they got every big name free agent out there and maybe a few we didn't know about. Nnamdi, Jenkins, Young, Brown, Smith, and many more. However, they are making the same mistake that the Redskins did for so long. They've ignored crucial spots on the offensive line, which is a big reason why Vick was sacked so much last year and didn't play a full season. Since they haven't done anything of note to fix that issue and their line backers are pretty bad, I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 6-10 and Andy Reid being fired for not getting this dream team to the playoffs.

[U][SIZE="5"][B]Cowboys - (5-11)[/B] [/SIZE][/U] They've lost on both the Offensive and Defensive line, which is one of their bigger issues last year. (OL) You have 3 rookie starters on the OL, and I simply can't see Romo finishing the year healthy. The secondary (especially the safety spot) still is a huge concern which isn't going to help matters on the D. The good news for them, they are better coached and prepared than when Phillips was in charge.

Lotus 09-06-2011 03:51 PM

Re: Redskins and NFC East Record prediction

Eagles 10-6
Giants 9-7
Redskins 9-7
Cowboys 7-9

MTK 09-06-2011 03:55 PM

Eagles 11-5
Redskins 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Giants 6-10

ashvirtually 09-06-2011 04:05 PM

The Iggles are going to disappoint a lot of people this year.

New York Giants [B]10-6[/B]
Philadelphia Eagles [B]9-7[/B]
Washington Redskins [B]8-8[/B]
Dallas Cowgirls [B]6-10[/B]

rbanerjee23 09-06-2011 04:09 PM

Eagles 13-3
Redskins 10-6
Giants 10-6
Cowboys 8-8

Redskin Jim 09-06-2011 04:15 PM

Redskins 10-6

Eagles 8-8

Cowroids 8-8

Gynants 6-10

Alvin Walton 09-06-2011 04:20 PM

Eagles 11-5
Redskins 8-8
Giants 8-8
Cowboys 6-10

skinsfaninok 09-06-2011 05:05 PM

Eagles 11-5
Redskins 9-7
Boys 8-8
Giants 7-9

VegasSkinsFan 09-06-2011 05:09 PM

Eagles 11-5
Cowboys 9-7
Skins 7-9
Giants 5-11

VegasSkinsFan 09-06-2011 05:13 PM

Hate that I'm the only person that's got us with a losin record. I think well go 2-4 in the division splitting with the boys and giants and well lose to the jets and pats.

That gives us 2-6 with very winnable games against the cards, rams, panthers, bills, 49ers, dolphins, seahawks, and Vikings. I see us going 5-3 against them with the losses coming against the cards, lions, and Vikings.

We could easily do better in division or do better against the teams listed but I'm not seeing it. I just put $500 down on us having over 6 wins for the season though!!!!!

irish 09-06-2011 05:16 PM

[quote=VegasSkinsFan;831534]Eagles 11-5
Cowboys 9-7
Skins 7-9
Giants 5-11[/quote]

This one.

mooby 09-06-2011 05:22 PM

Eagles 10-6. They've got enough star positional players to make a difference, but their offensive line and linebackers will prove to be their weakness. Vick will not stay healthy the whole season and definitely won't replicate his numbers from last year.

Redskins 8-8. We've upgraded the team pretty much everywhere except qb, and the 8-8 prediction is largely based on the 50/50 qb play we're gonna get this season. We're gonna see some good Rex, who will win some games, and some bad Rex, who will lose some games. Beck will get between 1-3 games of pt either from injury or from us being eliminated from playoff contention, and he'll look average if not slightly better than Grossman in that time. The defense is much improved but if our injuries in the secondary hamper us a lot this season that will prove to be a weakness as well. Tim Hightower will convince everybody this season that the Redskins fleeced the Cards in that deal, and Grossman will be an average game manager with his good and bad days. Oh and Helu will be an extremely effective change of pace back, and he will finish with an excellent YPC.

Cowboys: 7-9. Offensive line will be their downfall. Defense will struggle early in the season but will get better as the season goes along. The will hover around .500 all year long but pull a "Giants" in December.

NY: 7-9. Injuries injuries injuries. Eli Manning will actually have a decent season and won't throw as many picks as he did last year but it won't matter since injuries will limit his effectiveness. The Giants d-line will continue to impress, but it won't matter since their linebackers are garbage due to injuries. Teams will target their linebackers in the pass game and secondary all season long and that's how they'll lose games. Oh and the offensive line won't be that good either.

NYCskinfan82 09-06-2011 05:28 PM

SKINS 10-6
shegles 8-8
miggets 7-9
cow gurls 6-10

I'm not going to lie I'll be ok going 8-8 but since there are so many ???? in the NFC EAST we could win it.

jbcjr14 09-06-2011 05:55 PM

Eagles 10-6
Cowpukes 9-7
Skins 8-8
Giants 6-10 (injuries will just kill this team)

Skins do not lose a game by more than 6 points this year and are very competitive. The changes in the D will really be seen in November and December and make us all look forward to 2012 and beyond.

Bucket 09-06-2011 05:55 PM

Redskins 16-0
Eagles 11-5
Giants 5-11
Cowboys 5-11