Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sons of Anarchy (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43921)

FRPLG 10-26-2011 11:55 PM

Re: Sons of Anarchy

[quote=mooby;852389]Oh I wish. But if everything went to plan in accordance with who deserves redemption on Clay, I think Opie and Jax would get dibs ripping him apart. He just killed Opie's first wife and [COLOR="White"]father[/COLOR], so Opie deserves to get some justice there. And we already know why Jax will want a shot.

Also on a sidenote this is the second time in two years I've been pissed at Directv. First for getting rid of Versus in a year where the Caps had plenty of games on Versus, and now for getting rid of FX, when I'm watching new seasons of SOA, It's Always Sunny, The League, and Archer in the new year. Those mf'ing pricks need to get their shit straight because not only do I have to pay for a bunch of channels I don't care about, they're also not carrying the channels I actually want to watch. Seriously why couldn't they get into a dispute with the Golf Channel? JFC.[/quote]
Because the Golf Channel isn't trying to raise their rates 40%. DTV seems to have been elected by the cable/satellite comps to be the one to finally make a stand on the content providers going crazy on rates. It'll get solved.

SmootSmack 10-27-2011 12:27 AM

Because Golf Channel and DirecTV went through this just last year. But got it resolved before anyone noticed

mooby 10-27-2011 12:31 AM

[quote=FRPLG;852615]Because the Golf Channel isn't trying to raise their rates 40%. DTV seems to have been elected by the cable/satellite comps to be the one to finally make a stand on the content providers going crazy on rates. It'll get solved.[/quote]

I'm sure it'll get solved, but how long is the question. Last time with Versus, it was 7 months, and almost to the end of the NHL season, before it got resolved. My frustrations with DTV is the fact that last time this happened with Versus, it was way too long and barely even mattered by the time it got resolved, since the Caps regular season was winding down already. I just don't want that to happen again.

If it's a week, two weeks, fine, but if I have to wait until March to get it back then it won't matter because the seasons of the tv shows I watch will be long gone. I understand most, if not all, of the blame needs to go to News Corp/Fox on this one, but I'm annoyed that it keeps happening to Directv. At the same time, it's a lose-lose for the consumer because if Fox wins our rates go up for the same product we've always gotten, and if DTV wins it probably means a lengthy holdout like the Versus situation (which was all about DTV wanting to put it on a sports tier instead of the regular tier).

Long story short, the above is just me venting my frustrations at a holdout that's going to suck.

SmootSmack 10-27-2011 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=mooby;852625]I'm sure it'll get solved, but how long is the question. Last time with Versus, it was 7 months, and almost to the end of the NHL season, before it got resolved. My frustrations with DTV is the fact that last time this happened with Versus, it was way too long and barely even mattered by the time it got resolved, since the Caps regular season was winding down already. I just don't want that to happen again.

If it's a week, two weeks, fine, but if I have to wait until March to get it back then it won't matter because the seasons of the tv shows I watch will be long gone. I understand most, if not all, of the blame needs to go to News Corp/Fox on this one, but I'm annoyed that it keeps happening to Directv. At the same time, it's a lose-lose for the consumer because if Fox wins our rates go up for the same product we've always gotten, and if DTV wins it probably means a lengthy holdout like the Versus situation (which was all about DTV wanting to put it on a sports tier instead of the regular tier).

Long story short, the above is just me venting my frustrations at a holdout that's going to suck.[/QUOTE]

What's interesting is the guy leading the charge for NewsCorp now is the former CEO of DirecTV, so they can't really slip anything by him.

mooby 10-27-2011 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;852630]What's interesting is the guy leading the charge for NewsCorp now is the former CEO of DirecTV, so they can't really slip anything by him.[/QUOTE]

Woo hoo? Damn them all to hell.

SmootSmack 10-27-2011 01:13 PM

It's business

mooby 10-27-2011 01:27 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;852717]It's business[/quote]

Are you sure? It sounds personal. :D

SmootSmack 10-27-2011 03:50 PM

[quote=mooby;852723]Are you sure? It sounds personal. :D[/quote]

Ha! Yeah it's all personal :)

By the way, I realized I said there was a golf channel agreement. Not entirely true. No long term deal yet

mooby 10-27-2011 03:55 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;852769]Ha! Yeah it's all personal :)

By the way, I realized I said there was a golf channel agreement. Not entirely true. No long term deal yet[/quote]

Not the Golf Channel too! What next? The third alternate on CSN that never gets used? Oh the humanity!

mooby 10-31-2011 09:09 PM

Fox Networks and DIRECTV have reached an agreement for DIRECTV to continue carrying all Fox Networks (including FX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, SPEED, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes), Fox’s regional sports networks, Fox Broadcasting (FOX), the FOX local stations, Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network. We both know the past ten days have been challenging, but we’re pleased that both sides could eventually come together to ensure our viewers continue to enjoy Fox programming.

:)

DynamiteRave 11-01-2011 01:20 PM

I almost don't even wanna watch tonight. Makes me physically ill after the last episode. Blah.

mooby 11-01-2011 03:51 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;854653]I almost don't even wanna watch tonight. Makes me physically ill after the last episode. Blah.[/quote]

I highly doubt they'd kill Tara off. I foresee someone's unforeseen death coming, probably as an innocent bystander where the hit was intended for someone like Tara's. But sooner or later Clay needs to die.

skinsfanthru&thru 11-01-2011 08:34 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;854653]I almost don't even wanna watch tonight. Makes me physically ill after the last episode. Blah.[/quote]

That last episode was definitely rough but I gotta see what happens next.

FRPLG 11-01-2011 09:18 PM

[quote=mooby;854695]I highly doubt they'd kill Tara off. I foresee someone's unforeseen death coming, probably as an innocent bystander where the hit was intended for someone like Tara's. But sooner or later Clay needs to die.[/quote]
The show has become about Clay...as much as it was intended to be about Charlie Hunman's Jax the story has played out to be about Clay and his crumbling ability to keep the club moving forward and operating. He is increasingly losing everyone but once he is gone then what is the show about? Probably not anything near as interesting.

DynamiteRave 11-01-2011 11:17 PM

Actually found tonight's episode a bit boring. No one knows Piney is dead. How long till that comes out? I think next week's will be good though. I'm so effin tired of Clay screwing up people's lives. Bahhhh.