Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brunell (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4394)

5RINGS 01-10-2006 01:58 PM

Re: Brunell

You are all going to fall back in love with Brunell this w/end.

IF the Skins lose it won't be because of Brunell.

sportscurmudgeon 01-10-2006 08:04 PM

backrow:

I can guarantee you that if LDS reads that you think he and I "sound alike", you will NEVER be invited to spend a moment in his owner's box. I'm not exactly on his "A List"...

SUNRA 01-10-2006 09:51 PM

What really disturbs me about some of your criticisms concerning Brunell's play sounds like the baseless commentary I read everyday in the New York newspapers. Brunell is too old. Brunell has no arm. So what he injured his knee, blah , blah. If the game has passed Brunell by, where is the game in Favre's world? It's gone bye, bye.

If our record says who we are, what in the hell is the problem? Oh, I know the pre-Madonna Patrick Ramsey isn't responsible for the success of this season. Just an old washed-up Jacksonville reject who happened to throw 23 TDs and 10 INTs. In the process restored the pride and glory of winning 5-1 in our division after a 1-5 record last year. And this one is even more horrific, he actually gave us a measly 10-6 record after a decent 6-10 record last year.

I don't know about you, but I would go to war with this man anyday of the week because he believes he can do it even when his body doesn't agree. In the playoffs a QB is not required to put up 250 -350 yds. It's about a successful running attack and an awesome defense who can force turnovers. Try 19+ turnovers and when Brunell is called on to score in the redzone he has been more successful than anyother NFC team in the playoffs. Don't get caught up in the 125 yds in offense. Look at the 31 point average we had going into that game. Brunell has reached his peak and is on the verge of taking this team to the big dance. I'll see you in Detroit.

70Chip 01-10-2006 10:00 PM

Please don't take this thread at face value! I revived it somewhat mischeviously as a way of pointing out what a difference a year makes. At the time the thread was started the opinions expressed were somewhat understated compared to the conventional wisdom heard on talk radio, etc. No one could have foreseen Brunell's dramatic turnaround. No one except Joe Gibbs that is.

dmek25 01-10-2006 10:14 PM

remember what 5rings says you are what you are.that right now is two games away from super bowl 40

Redskin 01-10-2006 10:22 PM

unlike you guys i dont think every qb can be a peyton, u got to roll with what u got and right now were paying the salary for 2 starting qb's Brunell's performance is not as bad as u make out he doesent throw picks for one thing and thats somehting everyone should appreciate

Hog1 01-11-2006 05:44 AM

[QUOTE=SUNRA]What really disturbs me about some of your criticisms concerning Brunell's play sounds like the baseless commentary I read everyday in the New York newspapers. Brunell is too old. Brunell has no arm. So what he injured his knee, blah , blah. If the game has passed Brunell by, where is the game in Favre's world? It's gone bye, bye.

If our record says who we are, what in the hell is the problem? Oh, I know the pre-Madonna Patrick Ramsey isn't responsible for the success of this season. Just an old washed-up Jacksonville reject who happened to throw 23 TDs and 10 INTs. In the process restored the pride and glory of winning 5-1 in our division after a 1-5 record last year. And this one is even more horrific, he actually gave us a measly 10-6 record after a decent 6-10 record last year.

I don't know about you, but I would go to war with this man anyday of the week because he believes he can do it even when his body doesn't agree. In the playoffs a QB is not required to put up 250 -350 yds. It's about a successful running attack and an awesome defense who can force turnovers. Try 19+ turnovers and when Brunell is called on to score in the redzone he has been more successful than anyother NFC team in the playoffs. Don't get caught up in the 125 yds in offense. Look at the 31 point average we had going into that game. Brunell has reached his peak and is on the verge of taking this team to the big dance. I'll see you in Detroit.[/QUOTE]

THAT is the end of THAT! Nice post

NM Redskin 01-11-2006 06:34 AM

Did Sunra know this was an old post?

MTK 01-11-2006 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=NM Redskin]Did Sunra know this was an old post?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing no

FRPLG 01-11-2006 09:34 AM

Everything old is new again!

scowan 01-11-2006 11:10 AM

Guys, I don't think he will admit it, but I bet that knee brace is bothering Brunell some. Isn't he wearing one now since he hurt it during the Giants game? I wonder if his knee is well enough now that he can take that thing off! We need him lose and unrestricted this weekend.

FRPLG 01-11-2006 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=scowan]Guys, I don't think he will admit it, but I bet that knee brace is bothering Brunell some. Isn't he wearing one now since he hurt it during the Giants game? I wonder if his knee is well enough now that he can take that thing off! We need him lose and unrestricted this weekend.[/QUOTE]
It's the same knee brace he has worn since he had recon surgery on the knee years ago. Nothing new at all there. He is simply older and the injury lingers and probably does more to hamper than it would if he were 26.