Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mad props to Cam Newton (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44024)

Monkeydad 09-14-2011 12:19 PM

Re: Mad props to Cam Newton

Rex will go for 450 against that pathetic Cards D.

MTK 09-14-2011 12:23 PM

I watched some of the Cards/Panthers replay last night and Cam was even better than I thought. He was patient, checked down when he had to, very impressive for a rookie. Plus he's got a cannon of an arm. He can sling it anywhere on the field.

Monkeydad 09-14-2011 12:28 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835700]I watched some of the Cards/Panthers replay last night and Cam was even better than I thought. He was patient, checked down when he had to, very impressive for a rookie. Plus he's got a cannon of an arm. He can sling it anywhere on the field.[/quote]

Sounds like a young Rex Grossman.

Swarley 09-17-2011 06:11 PM

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/fans-vote-randall-cobb-the-rookie-of-the-week/]Fans vote Randall Cobb rookie of the week | ProFootballTalk[/url]

well... lol

MTK 09-17-2011 06:12 PM

Packer fans represent.

Cam deserved it.

Nice to see Kerrigan getting a week one mention.

Shadowbyte 09-18-2011 04:44 PM

No way will Cam throw for 400 yards two weeks in a row, in-fact it's highly unlikely that he'll ever accomplish that feat again in his entire career. Oh wait. What happened to all of the people who said he couldn't be an effective passer in the NFL because he can't read defenses effective enough to consistently locate the open receiver(rolls eyes at Kurt Warner, Colin Cowherd, and pretty much everyone besides Jerry Richardson and Ron Rivera)?

SirClintonPortis 09-18-2011 04:47 PM

[quote=Shadowbyte;837234]No way will Cam throw for 400 yards to weeks in a row, in-fact it's highly unlikely that he'll ever accomplish that feat again in his entire career. Oh wait. What happened to all of the people who said he couldn't be an effective passer in the NFL because he can't read defenses effective enough to consistently locate the open receiver(rolls eyes at Kurt Warner, Colin Cowherd, and pretty much everyone besides Jerry Richardson and Ron Rivera)?[/quote]

One thing he isnt....is that other Auburn QB. I wonder if folks were subconciously operating under an assocation fallacy.

Dirtbag59 09-18-2011 04:51 PM

As I said before, I feel bad for any team in the NFC South. Ryan, Brees, Freeman, and now Newton arriving way ahead of schedule.

mooby 09-18-2011 04:52 PM

Props again to Cam Newton for his big game against the Packers, although he did throw 3 picks. Clearly he has the tools to be an effective qb. And for the 2nd week in a row, Ryan Kerrigan will have a hard time winning the Rookie of the Week award.

Shadowbyte 09-18-2011 04:55 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835700]I watched some of the Cards/Panthers replay last night and Cam was even better than I thought. He was patient, checked down when he had to, very impressive for a rookie. Plus he's got a cannon of an arm. He can sling it anywhere on the field.[/quote]

NFL Network said it was their highest rated reply in their entire history(268,000). Interesting to say the least.

Alvin Walton 09-18-2011 04:57 PM

Cam Newton is a machine.
Imagine if Lina had a killer defense.

Dirtbag59 09-18-2011 05:00 PM

[quote=mooby;837246]Props again to Cam Newton for his big game against the Packers, although he did throw 3 picks. Clearly he has the tools to be an effective qb. And for the 2nd week in a row, Ryan Kerrigan will have a hard time winning the Rookie of the Week award.[/quote]

Rookie of the Year is usually reserved for QB's that can manage a QB rating over 80 and running backs.

skinsfaninok 09-18-2011 05:01 PM

900 yards in 2 games.. Yeah he's for real

mooby 09-18-2011 05:03 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;837257]Rookie of the Year is usually reserved for QB's that can manage a QB rating over 80 and running backs.[/quote]

I'm just talking about the award for this week lol, there's a long way to go before ROTY starts being mentioned. With that said, both Kerrigan and Newton have had an impressive 2 weeks to start their career.

SirClintonPortis 09-18-2011 05:21 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;837245]As I said before, I feel bad for any team in the NFC South. Ryan, Brees, Freeman, and now Newton arriving way ahead of schedule.[/quote]

In terms of QBs, they have surpassed the NFC North. Too bad all of their defenses are worse than the defenses in the NFC North.