Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cowboys fan tases fans at Met Life Stadium (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44073)

Alvin Walton 09-13-2011 09:10 AM

Cowboys fan tases fans at Met Life Stadium

WTF?

Apparently you can bring tasers to Jets games.

[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/09/12/2011-09-12_cowboys_fan_uses_taser_gun_on_jets_crowd_at_metlife_stadium_despite_security_on_.html]Cowboys fan uses Taser gun on Jets crowd at MetLife Stadium despite security on 9/11 anniversary[/url]

Ruhskins 09-13-2011 09:15 AM

Re: Cowboys fan tases fans at Met Life Stadium

[quote=Alvin Walton;835332]WTF?

Apparently you can bring tasers to Jets games.

[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/09/12/2011-09-12_cowboys_fan_uses_taser_gun_on_jets_crowd_at_metlife_stadium_despite_security_on_.html]Cowboys fan uses Taser gun on Jets crowd at MetLife Stadium despite security on 9/11 anniversary[/url][/quote]

They should make this a standard issue to all visiting fans at the Linc in Philly.

hooskins 09-13-2011 09:18 AM

Clearly that guy was in the wrong and should be charged accordingly. But, the Marine clearly instigated. Who cares if someone else is not standing for the POA? Also if someone is being loud, you could politely ask them to be quiet rather than preventing them from using the restroom.

Now I wouldn't bring a stungun into any public arena, but if someone was not letting me use the restroom I would take issue to that.

hooskins 09-13-2011 09:56 AM

I think the situation has gotten way out of hand in NFL stadiums. Solution? Wear this:

[url]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CrjD8Ifx8dw/S-Lvo76klrI/AAAAAAAAFB8/5eA0h5AQIC0/s1600/dont_tase_me_bro_t_shirt-p235659446884691351uh7s_400.jpg[/url]

Hog1 09-13-2011 10:00 AM

Let us not forget the "spirit for the season" as the Holidays approach.
Nice find Hoo!

Chico23231 09-13-2011 10:20 AM

Another incident at a stadium, I guess the league is waiting for someone to get killed before they act.

First, its should be a huge issue that the guy got a weapon into the stadium and was able to use it.

Second this guy is a walking POS. So he is a Jevoah Witness and doesnt believe in the National Anthem. He still should respect everyone else right and remain quiet and respectful for those who do. And then your going to attack a Marine? This POS needs to get locked up.

MTK 09-13-2011 11:09 AM

effin idiots

RedskinRat 09-13-2011 11:40 AM

Shouldn't he have just placed his faith in the lord for protection and left the taser at home?

I'd like to see him banned from any and all public events for 5 years, he's obviously not safe to be around other people.

Oh, and if you don't believe in recognizing the National Anthem then don't go to places you know damn well it'll be played.

Ruhskins 09-13-2011 11:50 AM

[quote=RedskinRat;835378]Shouldn't he have just placed his faith in the lord for protection and left the taser at home?

I'd like to see him banned from any and all public events for 5 years, he's obviously not safe to be around other people.

Oh, and if you don't believe in recognizing the National Anthem then don't go to places you know damn well it'll be played.[/quote]

Is that your own custom made avatar?

skinsguy 09-13-2011 12:31 PM

How in the world did he sneak a stun gun into the game? A game in which a former President of the United States was present?

Side note. Before the start of the Skins/Giants game, the announcer had said "Let's have a moment of silence..." and I still heard people talking/chanting through the moment of silence. Do people have no respect?

Lotus 09-13-2011 12:39 PM

Cowboys fans. Always keeping it classy.

Ruhskins 09-13-2011 12:40 PM

[quote=skinsguy;835388]How in the world did he sneak a stun gun into the game? A game in which a former President of the United States was present?

[B]Side note. Before the start of the Skins/Giants game, the announcer had said "Let's have a moment of silence..." and I still heard people talking/chanting through the moment of silence. Do people have no respect?[/B][/quote]

I saw that on TV, it was a bit ridiculous.

RedskinRat 09-13-2011 12:49 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;835380]Is that your own custom made avatar?[/quote]

It's an historical artifact of my own crafting, yes.

mooby 09-13-2011 12:58 PM

[quote=skinsguy;835388]How in the world did he sneak a stun gun into the game? A game in which a former President of the United States was present?

Side note. Before the start of the Skins/Giants game, the announcer had said [B]"Let's have a moment of silence..." and I still heard people talking/chanting through the moment of silence. Do people have no respect?[/B][/quote]

You know, I was at the game and I went back and watched the game at home, and it wasn't until I watched the game at home that I noticed the announcer requested a moment of silence, and personally, I don't think anybody in the stadium heard it because everyone kept talking. If I had heard it I damn well would've had my lips shut and would've been encouraging others to do the same, but I think this was just a case of people not hearing it for whatever reason. That sucks but oh well, I don't think it was intentional at all.

As for this Cowboys fan, seriously what a dumbass. The Marine is obviously partly wrong for not letting him out to use the bathroom, but I think the real question here is how did he get that in the stadium?

The girl I went with to the game brought her umbrella because rain was expected in the forecast, and they didn't let her in with it so she stashed it behind a port-a-potty. I can't believe umbrellas get denied but this guy can get in with a stun gun. Ridiculous.

And he deserves to be locked up. Nobody cares if he's a Jehovah's Witness, but it's still extremely disrespectful to be talking loudly during a highly emotional moment. If I was that Marine I'dve been pissed too, these guys put their lives on the line every day so they can come home and watch people intentionally disrespect them at a football game? He was probably just using that Jehovah's Witness thing as an excuse to be an asshole.

Either way, it's obviously not good news for the league that they had extra tight security at game because of 9/11 and some idiot still managed to get through with a taser.

Monkeydad 09-13-2011 01:10 PM

Side note. Before the start of the Skins/Giants game, the announcer had said "Let's have a moment of silence..." and I still heard people talking/chanting through the moment of silence. Do people have no respect?[/quote]

The one that bakes my beans is when the morons shout "OHHHHHHHH" during the one line in the Anthem. Baltimore baseball fans are particularly bad with this but I hear it everywhere.

Stand up, take off your hat, hand on the heart and shut your mouth until it's over. If the singer flubs it...boo them afterward (you deserve it if you don't know the words), but respect the song.

Too many adults behave like children in today's society.

JoeRedskin 09-13-2011 01:23 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;835412][B]The one that bakes my beans is when the morons shout "OHHHHHHHH" during the one line in the Anthem. [/B] Baltimore baseball fans are particularly bad with this but I hear it everywhere.

Stand up, take off your hat, hand on the heart and shut your mouth until it's over. If the singer flubs it...boo them afterward (you deserve it if you don't know the words), but respect the song.

Too many adults behave like children in today's society.[/quote]

This.

mooby 09-13-2011 01:49 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;835412][B]The one that bakes my beans is when the morons shout "OHHHHHHHH" during the one line in the Anthem[/B]. Baltimore baseball fans are particularly bad with this but I hear it everywhere.

Too many adults behave like children in today's society.[/quote]

Seriously. It happens at like every game I go to and it's just annoying. I mean what purpose does it serve? Just stand there and be silent, or sing the words along quietly, but be respectful.

On a side note even though Ne-Yo was taking a lot of shit for doing the National Anthem, I really enjoyed it. He didn't try to put his own personal touch on it, he sung it the way it was meant to be sung, and it sounded way better than when Jordan Sparks did it at the GB-NO game.

hooskins 09-13-2011 01:53 PM

Although I understand the respect and acting mature bit, but if someone else is being loud or not standing up it should not automatically lead to confrontation.

Just as one should be grown-up and take a moment of silence their counterpart should also be mature enough to ask them kindly to adhere if they are not compliant. Complain to stadium officials if the individual continues to be loud. This one can go both ways. The Marine is not 100 percent in the right on this one, IMO.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way justifying the user of any weapon at stadium or in general.

JoeRedskin 09-13-2011 02:13 PM

Pops was wrong for being disrespectful of the moment of silence and the playing of taps. [You don't want to stand for the anthem fine, sit quietly and read a book or check your e-mail but don't disrupt others as they share a moment of socially sanctioned community - the majority has rights too. Further, you want to be respected for your choice to not participate, then respect the choice of others that wish to participate - there is room for both.]

The Marine was wrong by venting his anger at Pop's disruptive words/actions through an act of physical confrontation.

Pop's stepped way over the line of wrong by pulling out the Taser.

Just a case of two wrongs don't make a right with the added "I'm a hypocritcal idiot" factor thrown in.

Hog1 09-13-2011 02:24 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;835442]Pops was wrong for being disrespectful of the moment of silence and the playing of taps. [You don't want to stand for the anthem fine, sit quietly and read a book or check your e-mail but don't disrupt others as they share a moment of socially sanctioned community - the majority has rights too. Further, you want to be respected for your choice to not participate, then respect the choice of others that wish to participate - there is room for both.]

The Marine was wrong by venting his anger at Pop's disruptive words/actions through an act of physical confrontation.

[B]Pop's stepped way over the line of wrong by pulling out the Taser[/B].

Just a case of two wrongs don't make a right with the added "I'm a hypocritcal idiot" factor thrown in.[/quote]
How can that be? Was he no a Jehovah's Witness?
To funny....

RedskinRat 09-13-2011 02:27 PM

[quote=hooskins;835434]Although I understand the respect and acting mature bit, but if someone else is being loud or not standing up it should not automatically lead to confrontation.[/quote]

And this is the attitude that has led to people 'believeing' they have the right to be a horses ass in public.

Anyone else on here remember a time (as a child) when if you publicly ****ed up you'd get swatted by the nearest responsible adult then doubled down on when you got home? I don't recall too many kids dying from that, do you? Well, now the generations of 'No Spanking' kids are middle-aged (like me) and have the same level of respect for others who don't share their viewpoint.

If you don't want to acknowledge the anthem or similar, don't be around it when it starts, go to the bathroom or stay home.

Since public administering of discipline became 'wrong' when the hippies took over we've seen a decline in polite behavior. I'm sure someone will have a contrary opinion, let's hear it.

BringBackJoeT 09-13-2011 02:41 PM

I would agree that not standing during the anthem, or wearing a visiting team's jersey, should not serve as automatic confrontation triggers. But the sum total of this guy's approach--wearing a Cowboy's jersey to the Jets game, not being quiet during the Anthem on a day in which he and anyone with an ounce of intelligence knew there would extra sensitivity attached to it, and, to boot, [I]bringing a stun gun[/I] along with him--seems to show that he went to the game looking for a little trouble, possibly a lot of it. A deliberate attempt to goad other people can't be disguised as a principled expression of a political or religious belief.

Monkeydad 09-13-2011 02:45 PM

[quote=mooby;835432]Seriously. It happens at like every game I go to and it's just annoying. I mean what purpose does it serve? Just stand there and be silent, or sing the words along quietly, but be respectful.

On a side note even though Ne-Yo was taking a lot of shit for doing the National Anthem, I really enjoyed it. He didn't try to put his own personal touch on it, he sung it the way it was meant to be sung, and it sounded way better than when Jordan Sparks did it at the GB-NO game.[/quote]

After I said "WHO? Oh yeah, he was on the Fresh Beat Band show...", I thought he did a great job. The best renditions are those that are not embellished and are sung simply and properly. He had a good voice too.

Christina AAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGUUUUU-UUU-UUUU-LLLLLLLIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-RARARARARARARAAAAAAAA is an example of the worst possible kind of singer.

Alvin Walton 09-13-2011 02:45 PM

I gotta believe he brought that taser because he was knew he was going to wear his colors to hostile territory. If he was wearing neutral colors he prolly would have been treated differently.
I learned my lesson on that when I wore my Redskins coat to a Bears game at Soldier Field.
I almost got thrown off a pedestrian bridge.

firstdown 09-14-2011 01:35 PM

Its getting as bad as soccer.

Monkeydad 09-14-2011 03:30 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;835466]I learned my lesson on that when I wore my Redskins coat to a Bears game at Soldier Field.
I almost got thrown off a pedestrian bridge.[/quote]

Maybe they just don't like mustard.

MTK 09-14-2011 04:07 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;835816]Maybe they just don't like mustard.[/quote]

nah, they love mustard in Chicago. They do hate ketchup though so you might be on to something.

Dirtbag59 09-14-2011 04:45 PM

[YT]AkMkGOpAF4s[/YT]

NC_Skins 09-14-2011 08:06 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835371]effin idiots[/quote]

Pretty much.

At this stage in the game, why even bother going to an opponents stadium to see your team. Not even worth it imo.

mooby 09-14-2011 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;835871]Pretty much.

At this stage in the game, why even bother going to an opponents stadium to see your team. Not even worth it imo.[/QUOTE]

I would depending on the opponent. I've only been to fedex field, and I would welcome the opportunity to see other NFL stadiums. I've considered getting tickets to a skins game when they play the panthers, but the opportunity hasn't arisen yet. I'd prob do Baltimore for a game too if the timing was right.

GhettoDogAllStars 09-15-2011 01:17 AM

I don't want to stir anything up, but I'm sure I will.

I believe people have the right to protect themselves with weapons, if necessary. It seems this man was defending himself. Whether he was sitting, or talking -- disrespect is a poor justification for force. In my opinion, force is only justified in response to force. But, I guess tasers are illegal, so he's the bad guy.

We don't know all the facts, so maybe he was the aggressor, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Swarley 09-15-2011 04:48 AM

3 things, at least in charlotte you should have no problems wearing your skins gear in the stadium. Not even close to soccer yet, I've experienced that. and finally, if nothing else this adds another layer to Barry Cofields sack dance.

over the mountain 09-15-2011 10:05 AM

b/c he was a jehovas witness that was his justification for not standing up for the natl anthem, talking loudly during taps and the moment of silence . . . yet he decides he doesnt want to follow the inconvenient rule that jehovas shouldnt drink alcohol and decided to get hammer time?

i read that the marine who was sitting at the end of the row said to him after the natl anthem to not try and pass through his way b/c he wouldnt let him through .. guess which way the drunk dallas fan decided to take to get out of the row during halftime?

i had a POS girlfriend who didnt want to stand for the natl anthem at a skins game, i cursed her the whole time as quietly as i could ..the ppl around us were fumming mad but since i was giving her the whatfor nobody said anything . . . she was also a POS cowboys fan too

Mechanix544 09-15-2011 10:11 AM

[quote=over the mountain;835956]b/c he was a jehovas witness that was his justification for not standing up for the natl anthem, talking loudly during taps and the moment of silence . . . yet he decides he doesnt want to follow the inconvenient rule that jehovas shouldnt drink alcohol and decided to get hammer time?

i read that the marine who was sitting at the end of the row said to him after the natl anthem to not try and pass through his way b/c he wouldnt let him through .. guess which way the drunk dallas fan decided to take to get out of the row during halftime?

i had a POS girlfriend who didnt want to stand for the natl anthem at a skins game, i cursed her the whole time as quietly as i could ..the ppl around us were fumming mad but since i was giving her the whatfor nobody said anything . . . she was also a POS cowboys fan too[/quote]

Your fault for dating the enemy. Fan for "Americas Team" doesnt even stand for Americas sacred national anthem. Pathetic.

RedskinRat 09-15-2011 10:16 AM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;835912]I believe people have the right to protect themselves with weapons, if necessary.[/quote]

Another approach would be not to put yourself DELIBERATELY in harms way.

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;835912] It seems this man was defending himself. [/quote]

Yeah, right.....

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;835912]Whether he was sitting, or talking -- disrespect is a poor justification for force. In my opinion, force is only justified in response to force. But, I guess tasers are illegal, so he's the bad guy.[/quote]

If he'd removed himself from the situation I'd have an entirely different view of the event, he [U]wanted[/U] confrontation. Why else would he have been carrying a Taser? I would guess he's also a 'Why [I]does this always happen to me?[/I]' type.

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;835912]We don't know all the facts, so maybe he was the aggressor, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.[/quote]

Let's not. He sounds like a total dick. Eff him.

Chico23231 09-15-2011 10:25 AM

[quote=RedskinRat;835964]Another approach would be not to put yourself DELIBERATELY in harms way.

Yeah, right.....

If he'd removed himself from the situation I'd have an entirely different view of the event, he [U]wanted[/U] confrontation. Why else would he have been carrying a Taser? I would guess he's also a 'Why [I]does this always happen to me?[/I]' type.

Let's not. He sounds like a total dick. Eff him.[/quote]

Yeah, guy to me seemed like he was looking for an excuse to use the weapon he brought. eff him is right

kali3 09-15-2011 10:32 AM

The guy is a dumbass. Who would have thought that there are dumbasses (let alone Cowboy fans) in New Jersey!

over the mountain 09-15-2011 11:31 AM

Found some dirt of the cowboy fan Leroy McKelvey from Berkeley county, SC. i just checked the county he resides in, id guess he has more stuff in neighboring counties in SC.

2005 - pled guilty to larceny/breaking into motor vehicles, looks like he got 2 yrs incarceration suspending 71 days, 2 yrs probation

1987 - robbery, nollied (dropped)
1987 - assault w/ intent to commit criminal sexual conduct in 1st degree, nollied

[url=http://courts.berkeleycountysc.gov/publicindex/PISearch.aspx?CourtType=G]PISearch[/url]

over the mountain 09-15-2011 11:39 AM

jeez, this guy is a straight up criminal.

i checked charleston county which neighbors Berkeley.

2003 tresspassin after hours

2005 1st degree burglary

2006 escaped from prison, recaptured in state

2007 poss w intent to distribute cocaine base

plus more, man i could only imagine what he has in other counties . . looks liek he was doing substantial time in a NC jail with alot of jail time from SC crimes he pled to transferred sentence over there, im not even gonna bother looking into NC database . . .

RedskinRat 09-15-2011 11:43 AM

Nice work OTM!

Hope they put him away for life, the scum-bag.