Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fail by some classless Jags fans (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44099)

MTK 09-14-2011 12:13 PM

Fail by some classless Jags fans

One Jaguars fan celebrated the start of the NFL season by mocking deceased former Titans quarterback Steve McNair.

Read more: [url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/classless-jaguars-fan-mock-steve-mcnair/]Classless Jaguars fan mocks Steve McNair | ProFootballTalk[/url]

CrustyRedskin 09-14-2011 12:27 PM

Re: Fail by some classless Jags fans

What would make someone come close to thinking that is appropriote

MTK 09-14-2011 12:31 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;835702]What would make someone come close to thinking that is appropriote[/quote]

An IQ less than 80?

NC_Skins 09-14-2011 12:34 PM

I wonder if it's just a old prop they've been using for a while or if they truly were mocking McNair. Notice the jersey has shreds in it as if a Jaguar had ripped him to pieces. Really, McNair hasn't been a part of the Titans for sometime now.(2005) It's not like some fan is going to go buy a new jersey, just to make a prop out of it. Dunno though. Hard to say without asking the person who made it.

NC_Skins 09-14-2011 12:38 PM

You want tasteless?

[url=http://www.aolnews.com/2009/09/23/skeletons-depicting-steve-mcnair-sahel-kazemi-featured-in-king/]Skeletons Depicting Steve McNair, Sahel Kazemi Pulled After Uproar[/url]

That was horrible. For a business to do this is unfathomable.

MTK 09-14-2011 12:44 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;835712]I wonder if it's just a old prop they've been using for a while or if they truly were mocking McNair. Notice the jersey has shreds in it as if a Jaguar had ripped him to pieces. Really, McNair hasn't been a part of the Titans for sometime now.(2005) It's not like some fan is going to go buy a new jersey, just to make a prop out of it. Dunno though. Hard to say without asking the person who made it.[/quote]

Probably not the best choice of jersey to use to put in a skeleton then.

Not hard to put 2+2 together here given the stupidity of the general population.

44ever 09-14-2011 12:54 PM

Classless is to nice of a word...

Defensewins 09-14-2011 01:04 PM

I understand the intention of letting us know about this completely inappropriate display of stupidity, but by NBC Sports making a story of it on line and by us talking about it here on this sight, it inadvertently publicizes it and makes this moron win. He did this for attention.
We are better served by ignoring it and not continuing to talk it in new forums. This moron has whats coming to him...bad karma is a bitch.

NC_Skins 09-14-2011 01:12 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835717]Probably not the best choice of jersey to use to put in a skeleton then.

Not hard to put 2+2 together here given the stupidity of the general population.[/quote]

Definitely not the best choice, but if it's something he's used since the late 1990's or early 2000's, I doubt he's really thinking about it being McNair representation more than it being a Titan's representation. Like you said, given the stupidity of the general population, who really knows..lol

Also, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, not trying to condone the prop. He probably should go out and buy another cheap jersey from somebody (living preferably) to update the prop.

Bucket 09-14-2011 01:34 PM

Or maybe the jersey cost 5 bucks after his death so the fan used it, instead of paying $$ for another?

If I was murdered, I dont really care what people did to my memory

Lotus 09-14-2011 01:41 PM

Classless...but at least they didn't use #21

MTK 09-14-2011 02:05 PM

[quote=Bucket;835744]Or maybe the jersey cost 5 bucks after his death so the fan used it, instead of paying $$ for another?

If I was murdered, I dont really care what people did to my memory[/quote]

Is McNair's the only cheap Titans jersey out there?

Either way, just not a wise choice.

You might not care after you're dead, actually you wouldn't know either way of course, but your family & friends might care.

CrustyRedskin 09-14-2011 02:13 PM

[quote=Mattyk;835760]Is McNair's the only cheap Titans jersey out there?

Either way, just not a wise choice.

You might not care after you're dead, actually you wouldn't know either way of course, but your family & friends might care.[/quote]

Well put.

tdSKINS1 09-14-2011 07:40 PM

Its plain and simple either the guy did it to look like an ass orthe guy has used the prop before and hasn't updated the jersey. If I had a prop like this outside of a Redskin game of a Cowboy I wouldn't buy a different Cowboy jersey every year either. Not defending him and it wasn't a wise prop especially given the circumstance of McNairs death.

Kindoy 09-14-2011 09:09 PM

[quote=Lotus;835748]Classless...but at least they didn't use #21[/quote]

Using Sean Taylor's jersey would not make the situation any better or worse.