Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   D.Hall says he's targeting Romo's ribs (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/44252-d-hall-says-hes-targeting-romos.html)

mooby 09-21-2011 04:29 PM

D.Hall says he's targeting Romo's ribs

[url]http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7001079/washington-redskins-deangelo-hall-says-target-tony-romo-ribs[/url]

I don't think this is that big of a deal, but you know this is the type of story the media loves, so here I am lol. Some people might not agree with me on this, but I don't think the problem is that Hall would be targeting Romo's ribs, the problem is that he said he's going to target his ribs. It would be pretty naive to think players don't target injured opposing players on the field, everybody knows that's not anything new. It's just that coming out and saying it makes people think, oh he's a dirty player, or oh he shouldn't have said that, etc. This is just news because this is the type of story the media loves to run with. Either way I don't think this is cause for concern, because an injury is a weakness, and teams/players target weaknesses all day every day. I'd be suprised if they weren't aiming for his ribs every time he got hit.

SmootSmack 09-21-2011 04:31 PM

Re: D.Hall says he's targeting Romo's ribs

Couple of former players here have said it was kind of a dumb thing to say...because that's bulletin board material

But hey...another thread to hate on D. Hall! Yay!!!!!

Mc2guy 09-21-2011 04:33 PM

This d-bag needs to keep his thoughts to himself. Why on earth would you go out of your way to give a team bulletin board material? D-hall should know better.

skinsfaninok 09-21-2011 04:36 PM

here we go again SMH.. The Hall haters will be out

mooby 09-21-2011 04:37 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;838546]Couple of former players here have said it was kind of a dumb thing to say...because that's bulletin board material

But hey...another thread to hate on D. Hall! Yay!!!!![/quote]

I don't think he should've said it, but then again D.Hall has never been known for keeping his mouth shut. It should be common knowledge that everybody does it, but it takes a special kind of player to come out and say they're going to do it. And I don't mean special in a good kind of way. Either way, I won't care as long as D.Hall keeps playing good ball. Other than Fitzy's td reception he's played a good couple games so far.

But yes, you are right, this is going to turn into another thread that hates on D.Hall. I'd apologize for that but I knew what I was getting into when I started this lol. Who knows, maybe D.Hall plays the greatest game of his life on Monday night and everybody forgets about this. Probably not though.

skinsfan69 09-21-2011 04:44 PM

Sometimes Hall just can't help himself. Just worry about covering Dez Bryant and keep your mouth shut.

CRedskinsRule 09-21-2011 04:50 PM

After the iggles MNF last year Hall and Landry and everyone else needs to shut up, and just go out and do their job. Also now, if he does get a chance and take a shot, is it going to get harder league attention? bonehead.

Ruhskins 09-21-2011 04:52 PM

I think Reed Doughty put this out there to get the heat off him.

Gtothearry 09-21-2011 04:53 PM

If Romo plays then he makes himself open game. Personally, I don't think it will serve as bulletin board material. Every NFL player knows if you step on the field then any known injuries are going to be targeted. This isn't an easy game folks.....

Ruhskins 09-21-2011 04:54 PM

[quote=Gtothearry;838554]If Romo plays then he makes himself open game. Personally, I don't think it will serve as bulletin board material. Every NFL player knows if you step on the field then any known injuries are going to be targeted. This isn't an easy game folks.....[/quote]

I'm sure they'd be doing the same thing is Rexy had busted ribs.

saden1 09-21-2011 05:04 PM

It's part of the game, we know it, they know it..everyone knows it. If you dont want to get hurt don't play.

CapitalDefense 09-21-2011 05:07 PM

Good :)

Dirtbag59 09-21-2011 05:13 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;838551]Sometimes Hall just can't help himself. Just worry about [B]covering Dez Bryant[/B] and keep your mouth shut.[/quote]

Don't you mean Holley or Ogletree. :D

I mentioned this before but right now Dez Bryant is questionable and Miles Austin is doubtful based on Adam S's report this morning.

Dirtbag59 09-21-2011 05:20 PM

[quote=Mc2guy;838547]This d-bag needs to keep his thoughts to himself. Why on earth would you go out of your way to give a team bulletin board material? D-hall should know better.[/quote]

Forget bulltien board material. This is just flat out classless. It's one thing to declare that you're going to be physical it's a whole other thing to say you're going to target injured body parts. This is also why hockey doesn't require teams to release specific injury reports.

[quote]"Absolutely. I want to get a chance to put my helmet on whatever's hurt," Hall said. "Romo's ribs -- I'm going to be asking for some corner blitzes. If I know Felix Jones' shoulder's hurt, I'm not going to cut him. I'm definitely going to try to hit him up high, so that's just part of it.

"If you know something's wrong with an opponent, you're going to try to target in on that. We're going to try to definitely get as many hits on that team as possible."[/quote]

tryfuhl 09-21-2011 05:22 PM

We miss the rivalry's passion but hate the passionate type of statements that made the rivalry great? Dude grew up here and HATES the Cowboys. @$&* DALLAS!