Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL week 3 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44323)

CultBrennan59 09-25-2011 05:04 PM

Re: Around the NFL week 3

I had a hunch the bills would win, but still picked the patriots like the rest of america. Glad the bills won though!

12thMan 09-25-2011 05:05 PM

I wouldn't read too much into the injuries of the Cowboys, Giants, or the Eagles. Hey, if you want to go down that road, we have Jarvis Jenkins out, Laron Landry out. No Philip Buchanon and no K. Moore. Cooley has been hobbled.

Bottom line, injuries are a part of the game and the Skins are a pretty good football team.

12thMan 09-25-2011 05:08 PM

Skins just landed in Dallas. Love it!

SBXVII 09-25-2011 05:15 PM

[quote=12thMan;839506]I wouldn't read too much into the injuries of the Cowboys, Giants, or the Eagles. Hey, if you want to go down that road, we have Jarvis Jenkins out, Laron Landry out. No Philip Buchanon and no K. Moore. Cooley has been hobbled.

Bottom line, injuries are a part of the game and the Skins are a pretty good football team.[/quote]

I totally agree with you, but the media has played it as if the Skins have no injuries and the only reason they keep winning is because their healthy and lucky.

12thMan 09-25-2011 05:25 PM

Kenny Britt torn ACL and MCL. Done.

Dirtbag59 09-25-2011 05:27 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;839501]Tomlinson is showing how he has always been better than Clinton Portis.[/quote]

Panthers should have signed Portis. Last time they signed a Redskin franchise leading rusher and got a new starting QB they went to the Super Bowl.

Dirtbag59 09-25-2011 05:30 PM

Anyone else starting to think that the Eagles should have kept Kolb. Guy has a 110 rating on the year and more importantly he stays healthy.

mooby 09-25-2011 05:42 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;839512]Anyone else starting to think that the Eagles should have kept Kolb. Guy has a 110 rating on the year and more importantly he stays healthy.[/quote]

Nope. Because a 2nd round draft pick is better than having a good backup quarterback. :D

BleedBurgundy 09-25-2011 05:42 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;839512]Anyone else starting to think that the Eagles should have kept Kolb. Guy has a 110 rating on the year and more importantly he stays healthy.[/quote]

Hard to argue with that logic, but I must say I love the fact that they placed all of their eggs in the Vick/VY basket.

SirClintonPortis 09-25-2011 05:45 PM

Kolb has actually looked rather average this season. Pressure him and the Arizona offense goes stone cold.

mooby 09-25-2011 06:04 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7019207/michael-vick-philaelphia-eagles-leaves-breaking-right-hand]Michael Vick of Philaelphia Eagles leaves after breaking right hand - ESPN[/url]

[quote=AP Article]
"Looking at the replays, I'm on the ground every time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated," Vick said in his postgame news conference. "The refs have got to do their jobs. And I mentioned it to the refs in training camp when I talked to them. I'm on the ground constantly, all the time. Every time I throw the ball, I'm on the ground. And I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does."
[/quote]

That's right Vick, rip the refs. They'll surely listen to you now. And I'm sure the lack of flags has something to do with the fact that Vick is not your normal qb.

skinsfan69 09-25-2011 06:12 PM

The Eagles being 1-2 just doesn't surprise me. You can't buy team chemistry and they have none...at least on defense. They can't stop the run. Cullen Jenkins and Babin haven't done anything. And the last two weeks their corners have looked average. Plus they have their o-line coach running the defense. To me they really miss Jim Johnson and since he's passed their defense just hasn't been the same.

mooby 09-25-2011 06:15 PM

I saw the hit that gave Vick his broken hand and honestly that's a typical play in the NFL. If it was blatantly late I'd support his argument but come on, he had just gotten rid of the ball. There was nothing late about it, and clearly Vick is just pissed that that his offensive line can't protect him.

12thMan 09-25-2011 06:17 PM

Through the first three games, I don't see anything special about the Eagles secondary either. None of them. Lots of arm tackles, blown coverages, and deep throws.

SFREDSKIN 09-25-2011 06:25 PM

The greatness of the Raidahs!! I love it!!