Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Think the 'Skins have cap problems? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4436)

MTK 01-05-2005 10:43 PM

Think the 'Skins have cap problems?

Check this out from Lenny P's column

[quote]Tampa Bay's 5-11 finish was its worst since 1993 and the Bucs, who are about $25 million over the projected salary cap in 2005, will find it tough to make the sweeping changes that are needed.[/quote]

SKINSnCANES 01-05-2005 10:46 PM

25 million, damn. Thats more than the niners last year. They should trade us S.Rice for Gardner, heck, they should give us michael clayton as well

MTK 01-05-2005 10:48 PM

Speaking of Clayton he was a great pick, we could only be so lucky to snag a WR like him in the draft.

SKINSnCANES 01-05-2005 10:52 PM

Ive read things that talked about the receivers this year. It basically said they were a bunch of good receivers, but none of them were great. Great meaning they were a threat to change everygame like Moss or TO. Granted, theres only a handful of these type of receivers in the league, but Id argue that roy williams and clayton made some pretty amazing catches this year.

Related to this thread, i beleive the skins have 4 million in cap room, plus they will redo samuels contract. And gibbs said we have a lot of cap room, i dont remmeber his exact words

Dirtbag 01-05-2005 11:41 PM

As a former Washingtonian and current San Franciscan (I still root for the Skins, don't worry), I just hope that the Redskins do everything they can to stay out of salary cap hell. The Niners were in purgatory for a few years (they had $29 million in dead money this year) and it wasn't pretty for SF fans.

I hope we strive for continuity wherever possible this offseason, with the exception of offensive line.

Gmanc711 01-06-2005 01:25 AM

Were going to be in cap trouble, but I dont think we'll ever hit somthing like this... 25 MILLION???? That is a sh*tload. We really should try to talk to them for some trades.

aehs77 01-06-2005 02:00 AM

how old is simeon rice? he cant be worth his contract at his age

offiss 01-06-2005 03:05 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Speaking of Clayton he was a great pick, we could only be so lucky to snag a WR like him in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Sound's like Braylon Edwards is the best in the draft depending on how Mike William's pan's out.

Carnage 01-06-2005 10:04 AM

Yeah, but the bucs have a ring to show for it!

BDBohnzie 01-06-2005 10:17 AM

The Post this AM said the Titans were 20 million over as well...

Snyder is a shrewd businessman...he's not going to let something like a salary cap ruin his attempts to purchase a Super Bowl...however his age of buying aging veterans (Bruce, Deion, etc) are over, and dead money won't be as big an issue has it has been in the past...

hurrykaine 01-06-2005 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES]25 million, damn. Thats more than the niners last year. They should trade us S.Rice for Gardner, heck, they should give us michael clayton as well[/QUOTE]

Rice would be an awesome acquisition as long as we don't over pay for him. The guy's 30 and has averaged 13 sacks a yr for his career. His production has slipped slightly (very slightly) in the last two yrs though.

sportscurmudgeon 01-06-2005 12:32 PM

BDBohnzie:

There is a veteran WR out there as an unrestricted FA this year named Mushin Muhammed who has had two really wonderful years and will be 33 during the next season. If you are correct, the Skins will not be going after him as soon as the free agent signing season bell rings.

We shall see...

drew54 01-06-2005 01:31 PM

I think the team should look for starters that are under the age of 29. Backups can be older, but try to keep the roster young. I think the Texans and our former GM have been using this philosophy and it looks like its working for them.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-09-2005 02:59 PM

We are slated to have th oldest team in the league next year. It's about time to bring in some new blood via the draft.

skinsguy 01-09-2005 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]We are slated to have th oldest team in the league next year. It's about time to bring in some new blood via the draft.[/QUOTE]

We are? :confused: