Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hall of Fame Class of 2012 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44385)

Leader In Sports 09-28-2011 04:41 PM

Hall of Fame Class of 2012

The preliminary list is out and there are obviously many skins on it. Will be interesting to watch them narrow it down:
[I]I bolded the guys that are known as Redskins and I don't think I missed any. I obviously skipped guys like Larry Centers and Andre Reed since they were not in DC long.[/I]

[url=http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2011/9/28/modern-era-nominees-for-the-class-of-2012/]Enshrinement » Modern-Era Nominees for the Class of 2012[/url]

Class of 2012 Modern Era Preliminary Nominees:

Quarterbacks
DREW BLEDSOE, Phil Simms

Running Backs
TIKI BARBER, Jerome Bettis, Larry Centers, Roger Craig, [B]STEPHEN DAVIS[/B], Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Curtis Martin, [B]Brian Mitchell [/B](also KR/PR), Gerald Riggs, Herschel Walker, Ricky Watters

Wide Receivers
Tim Brown (also KR), Cris Carter, [B]Gary Clark[/B], Mark Clayton, [B]Henry Ellard [/B](also PR), KEYSHAWN JOHNSON, Andre Reed, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, ROD SMITH

Tight Ends
Todd Christensen, Frank Wycheck

Offensive Linemen
Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Jim Covert (T), Dermontti Dawson (C), Joe Fields (C), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), [B]Joe Jacoby [/B](T), Mike Kenn (T), [B]Jim Lachey[/B] (T), Willie Roaf (T), WILL SHIELDS (G), Steve Wisniewski (G)

Defensive Linemen
[B]Dave Butz [/B](DE/DT), Chris Doleman (DE/LB), Carl Hairston (DE/DT), Charles Haley (DE/LB), Ed “Too Tall” Jones (DE), Cortez Kennedy (DT), Joe Klecko (DE/DT/NT), [B]Dexter Manley [/B](DE), [B]Charles Mann[/B] (DE), Fred Smerlas (NT)

Linebackers
Cornelius Bennett, Kevin Greene (also DE), [B]Ken Harvey[/B], Clay Matthews, Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills

Defensive Backs
Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Kenny Easley (S), Albert Lewis (CB), Donnie Shell (S), TROY VINCENT(CB), Aeneas Williams (CB/S), Darren Woodson (S)

Kickers/Punters
Gary Anderson (K), Nick Lowery (K), Reggie Roby (P), MIKE VANDERJAGT (K)

Special Teams
Steve Tasker (ST/WR)

Coaches
Bill Arnsparger, Bud Carson, Don Coryell, BILL COWHER, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Chuck Mather, BILL PARCELLS, Buddy Parker, Dan Reeves, MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil

Contributors
K.S. “Bud” Adams, Jr. (Owner), [B]Bobby Beathard[/B] (Admin.), Gil Brandt (Admin.), Leo Carlin (Admin.), [B]Jack Kent Cooke [/B](Owner), Otho Davis (Trainer), Ed DeBartolo, Jr. (Owner), Ron Gibbs (Official), Jim Kensil (Admin.), Eddie Kotal (Admin.), Art McNally (Official), Art Modell (Owner), Steve Sabol (NFL Films), Paul Tagliabue (Commissioner), Burl Toler, Sr. (Official), Jim Tunney (Official), Ron Wolf (Admin.), George Young (Admin.)

Italics denotes finalists for the Class of 2011

CAPS denotes first-year eligibles

12thMan 09-28-2011 04:50 PM

Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

I could see at least one Skin making that list. BMitch or Jake or Lachey.

tryfuhl 09-28-2011 04:54 PM

though he spent more time in ATL and had a great career there it's hard for me not to think about Gerald Riggs as a Redskin

Strong lineup overall

12thMan 09-28-2011 04:55 PM

I think Curtis Martin, Terrell Davis, and Andre Reed.
Charles Haley has a few Super Bowl rings.
Steve Atwater used to lay some serious wood.

Dexter Manley has an outside shot, though I don't think he gets in over Charles Haley.

Leader In Sports 09-28-2011 05:09 PM

Well, you see my avatar, so you know who I would be pulling for.

Giantone 09-28-2011 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=Leader In Sports;842031]The preliminary list is out and there are obviously many skins on it. Will be interesting to watch them narrow it down:
[I]I bolded the guys that are known as Redskins and I don't think I missed any. I obviously skipped guys like Larry Centers and Andre Reed since they were not in DC long.[/I]

[URL="http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2011/9/28/modern-era-nominees-for-the-class-of-2012/"]Enshrinement » Modern-Era Nominees for the Class of 2012[/URL]

....who I think will make it.

[B]Jack Kent Cooke [/B](Owner)
Art Modell (Owner),
Paul Tagliabue (Commissioner),
BILL PARCELLS
Sam Mills
[B]Dave Butz [/B](DE/DT),
Cris Carter

Leader In Sports 09-28-2011 06:36 PM

[quote=Giantone;842065][QUOTE=Leader In Sports;842031]The preliminary list is out and there are obviously many skins on it. Will be interesting to watch them narrow it down:

[URL="http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2011/9/28/modern-era-nominees-for-the-class-of-2012/"]Enshrinement » Modern-Era Nominees for the Class of 2012[/URL]

....who I think will make it.

[B]Jack Kent Cooke [/B](Owner)
Art Modell (Owner),
Paul Tagliabue (Commissioner),
BILL PARCELLS
Sam Mills
[B]Dave Butz [/B](DE/DT),
Cris Carter[/quote]

For marketability reasons, they are not going to take 3 contributors. I would say only 1 would get in if at all. I am also willing to bet that if any of the contributors get in, it will be Steve Sabol. There was a rush to get the father in while he was still alive. Now that Steve has his medical issues, I have been told there is a real push that way. Of course, can you put in the son the year after you put in the father?

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-28-2011 08:36 PM

Mann and Manley, I would think these guys would be in by now. How dominant were they in their time? They both were great players, I just wonder if they will ever get a chance to go to Canton. Jacoby, Lachey, and Clark were all great as well. Now that we got one of the hogs in a couple of years ago I could see those guys getting in sporadically over the next 7-10 years. Joe would be first in my opinion. As far as Clark it took Monk years to finally go, and I just don't know if Gary with ever get a chance with the big numbers the current WRs that are coming up selection.

Leader In Sports 09-28-2011 08:41 PM

Of these Redskins, I would say the odds are (in this order):

Clark
Manley
Butz

Of course, I was never any good at these things.

SFREDSKIN 09-28-2011 09:11 PM

Bobby Beathard hands down!!

7 SB appearances with 4 different teams, responsible for 4 SB wins (Chiefs, Dolphins, Redskins 2x).

53Fan 09-28-2011 09:20 PM

Of course I like them all. Mitchell and Lachey were two of the best at their positions....ever.

htownskinfan 09-28-2011 09:20 PM

I cant believe Stephen Davis is on the list,he was a good back for a couple seasons,no way he makes the HOF
Of the skins on that list,I would say Butz,Mitchell and Jacoby are the most deserving

Slingin Sammy 33 09-28-2011 09:53 PM

Great list, going to be interesting on the cutdowns. Some great OL, Jake, Lachey, Roaf, Shields. Coaches, Coryell, Parcells (hate him, but great coach), Knox. Contributors, Beathard, Modell, Sabol. Tough year to get in. The only Skins that have a chance this year IMO are Jake and Beathard.

mooby 09-29-2011 04:51 AM

[quote=htownskinfan;842102]I cant believe Stephen Davis is on the list,he was a good back for a couple seasons,no way he makes the HOF
Of the skins on that list,I would say Butz,Mitchell and Jacoby are the most deserving[/quote]

I can't believe Mike Vanderjagt is on that list. Hard to believe a guy could go so quickly from being one of the best to being one of the worst.

44ever 09-29-2011 06:39 AM

I think Joe Jacoby has a good chance as well.

Leader In Sports 09-29-2011 06:47 AM

[quote=44ever;842134]I think Joe Jacoby has a good chance as well.[/quote]
I should have put him on my list too. I have heard several guys who played during that era say that Jacoby should have gone in before Grimm. I think that since we already have a hog in there, it will delay Jacoby a couple more years and would put him 4th on my list:

Clark
Manley
Butz
Jacoby

MTK 09-29-2011 08:49 AM

I think the Skins are done for a while when it comes to the Hall. I honestly don't see anyone on the list that's realistically going to make the final cut.

KI Skins Fan 09-29-2011 09:26 AM

The OL candidates are very strong. I would have no issue with many of those players being elected to the HOF.

Joe Jacoby is one of my all-time favorite players. His battles with Lawrence Taylor were epic and he was a devastating run blocker. I think he'll be elected some day.

Jim Lachey was an outstanding LT. He was "money" as a pass protector. His acqusition to play LT allowed Big Jake to move to RT late in his career and solidified one of the best pass-blocking OL's of all-time. That was a key to our great Super Bowl winning season in 1991.

NC_Skins 09-29-2011 09:42 AM

Terrell Davis isn't making the Hall of Fame. Ever. He simply doesn't have the stats to back his induction. He's had 4 stellar years and the rest have been injury marred.

sportscurmudgeon 09-30-2011 01:09 PM

[quote=Leader In Sports;842031]The preliminary list is out and there are obviously many skins on it. Will be interesting to watch them narrow it down:

[url=http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2011/9/28/modern-era-nominees-for-the-class-of-2012/]Enshrinement » Modern-Era Nominees for the Class of 2012[/url]

Class of 2012 Modern Era Preliminary Nominees:

Quarterbacks
DREW BLEDSOE, Phil Simms

Running Backs
TIKI BARBER, Jerome Bettis, Larry Centers, Roger Craig, [B]STEPHEN DAVIS[/B], Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Curtis Martin, [B]Brian Mitchell [/B](also KR/PR), Gerald Riggs, Herschel Walker, Ricky Watters

Wide Receivers
Tim Brown (also KR), Cris Carter, [B]Gary Clark[/B], Mark Clayton, [B]Henry Ellard [/B](also PR), KEYSHAWN JOHNSON, Andre Reed, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, ROD SMITH

Tight Ends
Todd Christensen, Frank Wycheck

Offensive Linemen
Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Jim Covert (T), Dermontti Dawson (C), Joe Fields (C), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), [B]Joe Jacoby [/B](T), Mike Kenn (T), [B]Jim Lachey[/B] (T), Willie Roaf (T), WILL SHIELDS (G), Steve Wisniewski (G)

Defensive Linemen
[B]Dave Butz [/B](DE/DT), Chris Doleman (DE/LB), Carl Hairston (DE/DT), Charles Haley (DE/LB), Ed “Too Tall” Jones (DE), Cortez Kennedy (DT), Joe Klecko (DE/DT/NT), [B]Dexter Manley [/B](DE), [B]Charles Mann[/B] (DE), Fred Smerlas (NT)

Linebackers
Cornelius Bennett, Kevin Greene (also DE), [B]Ken Harvey[/B], Clay Matthews, Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills

Defensive Backs
Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Kenny Easley (S), Albert Lewis (CB), Donnie Shell (S), TROY VINCENT(CB), Aeneas Williams (CB/S), Darren Woodson (S)

Kickers/Punters
Gary Anderson (K), Nick Lowery (K), Reggie Roby (P), MIKE VANDERJAGT (K)

Special Teams
Steve Tasker (ST/WR)

Coaches
Bill Arnsparger, Bud Carson, Don Coryell, BILL COWHER, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Chuck Mather, BILL PARCELLS, Buddy Parker, Dan Reeves, MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil

Contributors
K.S. “Bud” Adams, Jr. (Owner), [B]Bobby Beathard[/B] (Admin.), Gil Brandt (Admin.), Leo Carlin (Admin.), [B]Jack Kent Cooke [/B](Owner), Otho Davis (Trainer), Ed DeBartolo, Jr. (Owner), Ron Gibbs (Official), Jim Kensil (Admin.), Eddie Kotal (Admin.), Art McNally (Official), Art Modell (Owner), Steve Sabol (NFL Films), Paul Tagliabue (Commissioner), Burl Toler, Sr. (Official), Jim Tunney (Official), Ron Wolf (Admin.), George Young (Admin.)

Italics denotes finalists for the Class of 2011

CAPS denotes first-year eligibles[/quote]

If I had a vote - - and I do not:
[INDENT]No QBs from this list.

Terrell Davis and Curtis Martin are the 2 best RBs

Andre Reed and Sterling Sharpe are the 2 best WRs

No TEs from this list.

Willie Roaf and Will Shields are the 2 best OL

Dave Butz and Charles Haley are the 2 best DL

Clay Matthews and Karl Mecklenburg are the 2 best LBs

Steve Atwater, Kenny Easley and Aeneas Williams are the 3 best DBs

No kickers/punters/special teamers from this list.

Cowher, Parcells, Schottenheimer and Vermeil are the best coaches on the list.

Steve Sabol and Jim Tunney are the best of the contributors on the list.[/INDENT]
Over and out...

Leader In Sports 09-30-2011 01:19 PM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;842458]If I had a vote - - and I do not:
[INDENT]No QBs from this list.

No TEs from this list.

Steve Sabol and Jim Tunney are the best of the contributors on the list.[/INDENT]
Over and out...[/quote]

Sterling Sharpe will not be in the HOF. I think Shannon's speech probably hurt him, but he didn't play long enough compared to so many others that he wouldn't make it anyway. Reed will be in at some point - just who knows when.

SmootSmack 09-30-2011 01:45 PM

[quote=Leader In Sports;842460]Sterling Sharpe will not be in the HOF. I think Shannon's speech probably hurt him, but he didn't play long enough compared to so many others that he wouldn't make it anyway. Reed will be in at some point - just who knows when.[/quote]

How did his Shannon's speech hurt him?

Leader In Sports 09-30-2011 03:00 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;842464]How did his Shannon's speech hurt him?[/quote]
From everything I hear, there are MANY players who have campaigns to get into Canton. At this point, the voters are so sick of it, there is a back lash against it.

Not that I know this for fact, but I have been told this from multiple sources.

Then of course, you look at Sterling's record compared to Brown, Carter etc and he just didn't have the longevity at that position to justify a gold jacket.

MTK 09-30-2011 03:35 PM

I'm kinda torn on the longevity argument. What's the average career, 2-3 years? Just because a guy doesn't play 10+ years shouldn't hold him back from consideration. If a guy's career falls short due to injury, but during his time in the league he was one of the top players, I think voters should give guys like that a closer look.

Sterling Sharpe was a hell of a WR, had he played another 3-4 seasons he would probably be a lock. Davis would also be a lock if he had played a few more seasons. I just think it's a shame some of these guys get discounted because their careers were cut short due to career ending injuries.

Leader In Sports 09-30-2011 04:20 PM

[quote=Mattyk;842487]I'm kinda torn on the longevity argument. What's the average career, 2-3 years? Just because a guy doesn't play 10+ years shouldn't hold him back from consideration. If a guy's career falls short due to injury, but during his time in the league he was one of the top players, I think voters should give guys like that a closer look.

Sterling Sharpe was a hell of a WR, had he played another 3-4 seasons he would probably be a lock. Davis would also be a lock if he had played a few more seasons. I just think it's a shame some of these guys get discounted because their careers were cut short due to career ending injuries.[/quote]
I agree to a point. We are projecting what they COULD have done had they played a full career. There are lots of guys who are close to being in the Hall of Fame if they had just played for a different team, a different system, had a teammate who could have relieved pressure from them etc, etc.

In the end you have to look at what the career actually was. Remember, there are more HOF quality players than there are slots. I was really disappointed not to see Maxie Baughan as a senior nominee this year. He is another 9 Time Pro Bowl linebacker who should be a lock. You see guys like that, it takes away from the guys that had short careers.

budw38 09-30-2011 05:14 PM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;842458]If I had a vote - - and I do not:[INDENT]No QBs from this list.

No TEs from this list.

Steve Sabol and Jim Tunney are the best of the contributors on the list.
[/INDENT]Over and out...[/quote]
Very nice work on your list . Would love to see Jacoby get in soon , went up against some HOF's every year LT , R. White and future HOF , Haley . Not to mention Too Tall , Harvey Martin and D Martin . Manley will be an intersesting subject as time goes by .

MTK 09-30-2011 07:31 PM

[quote=Leader In Sports;842495]I agree to a point. We are projecting what they COULD have done had they played a full career. There are lots of guys who are close to being in the Hall of Fame if they had just played for a different team, a different system, had a teammate who could have relieved pressure from them etc, etc.

In the end you have to look at what the career actually was. Remember, there are more HOF quality players than there are slots. I was really disappointed not to see Maxie Baughan as a senior nominee this year. He is another 9 Time Pro Bowl linebacker who should be a lock. You see guys like that, it takes away from the guys that had short careers.[/quote]

Speaking of short careers I wonder if Sayers would get in today with the more fickle criteria the voters seem to have now.

Leader In Sports 09-30-2011 08:21 PM

[quote=Mattyk;842509]Speaking of short careers I wonder if Sayers would get in today with the more fickle criteria the voters seem to have now.[/quote]

I was thinking of Sayers as I wrote that. Not only agreeing with your point, but the pool of players is SO much larger than when Sayers was elected. Every year a current era player has to wait, he only has 3-5 guys drop out of the competition (by being inducted) and has how many guys who are first year eligible?

Same issue for the Senior nominees. Only 2 of them get in a year max and there are so many eligible. Take my example of Maxie Baughan.

[url=http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BaugMa00.htm]Maxie Baughan NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com[/url]

His rookie year he won the NFL Championship with the Eagles (1960) so that checks off the championship list. He made the pro bowl all but 1 year in the 1960's which makes him 9 time pro bowl. He essentially did it playing for 2 teams. He only missed the pro bowl twice. The first time was his third year in the league. The other time was his final year in the league (1970).

Yes, he did sort of play in 1974. He was actually coaching college ball and George Allen convinced him to come to DC and be a player coach and back up Chris Hanburger. I am taking this year out of the equation.

In 11 years he made [B]NINE[/B] Pro Bowls. His last year was 74. How is there not much talk about him?

Giantone 10-01-2011 04:02 AM

[quote=Mattyk;842487]I'm kinda torn on the longevity argument. What's the average career, 2-3 years? Just because a guy doesn't play 10+ years shouldn't hold him back from consideration..[/quote]

I think it's more the whole body of work(i.e. career) being compare to others, if others are playing 7-10 years ....then you can't go on a mans work of just 2-3.Brett Farve first year was with the Falcons(on the bench) and after that Jerry Glandville trade him.Is it the player ...or the team around him?

MTK 10-01-2011 09:34 AM

[quote=Giantone;842534]I think it's more the whole body of work(i.e. career) being compare to others, if others are playing 7-10 years ....then you can't go on a mans work of just 2-3.Brett Farve first year was with the Falcons(on the bench) and after that Jerry Glandville trade him.Is it the player ...or the team around him?[/quote]

Sharpe played 7 years, shouldn't that be enough?

Leader In Sports 10-01-2011 10:04 AM

[quote=Mattyk;842544]Sharpe played 7 years, shouldn't that be enough?[/quote]

Not at the WR position. Again, compare him to the other guys who are not in. Guys like Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Marvin Harrison and what makes you say Sharpe should be in before them? It is not that someone was good or great - it is how do they stack up against others at their position.

I think 7 years is possible for someone like a running back who traditionally doesn't have the longer careers. Great receivers play 10+ years.

[url=http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx]Positions[/url]

[I]Modern Era: Wide Receivers (21)
Lance Alworth 1962-1972
Raymond Berry 1955-1967
Fred Biletnikoff 1965-1978
Tom Fears 1948-1956
Bob Hayes 1965-1975
Elroy (Crazylegs) Hirsch (also HB) 1946-1956
Michael Irvin 1988-1999
Charlie Joiner 1969-1986
Steve Largent 1976-1989
Dante Lavelli 1946-1956
James Lofton 1978-1993
Don Maynard 1958, 1960-1973
Tommy McDonald 1957-1968
Bobby Mitchell (also HB) 1958-1968
Art Monk 1980-1995
Pete Pihos 1947-1955
Jerry Rice 1985-2000
John Stallworth 1974-1987
Lynn Swann 1974-1982
Charley Taylor (also HB) 1964-1975, 1977
Paul Warfield 1964-1977 [/I]
Only 1 of these receivers played less than 10 years and he has 4 rings and a Super Bowl MVP. Sharpe doesn't compare to this list.

MTK 10-01-2011 11:13 AM

I didn't say Sharpe should be in before anyone else, I know there's a log jam at WR, I'm just saying he shouldn't be eliminated from consideration based solely on the fact he "only" played 7 years.

He [I]averaged[/I] 85 catches, 1162 yards, and over 9 TDs per season. I'd guess those numbers stack up very favorably against anyone else's in the Hall.

Leader In Sports 10-01-2011 11:28 AM

[quote=Mattyk;842571]I didn't say Sharpe should be in before anyone else, I know there's a log jam at WR, I'm just saying he shouldn't be eliminated from consideration based solely on the fact he "only" played 7 years.

He [I]averaged[/I] 85 catches, 1162 yards, and over 9 TDs per season. I'd guess those numbers stack up very favorably against anyone else's in the Hall.[/quote]

Yes, he had a great short career. I think time is not on his side. As you say, there is a log jam that is only growing. He just doesn't make the cut at his position. Now, if you make him a running back with those numbers - I would be arguing the other way.

Edit:

I just saw this video on the HOF website and thought it fit with our comparison of short careers:

[url=http://www.profootballhof.com/multimedia/history/2011/9/29/two-minutes-of-pro-football-history-century-club/]Multimedia[/url]

Giantone 10-01-2011 06:00 PM

[quote=Mattyk;842544]Sharpe played 7 years, shouldn't that be enough?[/quote]

7 sounds fine to me but I guess you would have to look at the body of work and the quality of the teams he(the player) played against and with.

Leader In Sports 11-22-2011 09:07 PM

No Redskins on the list:

[url=http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2011/11/22/class-of-2012-semifinalists/]Enshrinement » Class of 2012 semifinalists[/url]

Class of 2012 semifinalists

11/22/2011

Two first-year eligible candidates, coach Bill Parcells and guard Will Shields, are among the 26 semifinalists being considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2012. Although technically a first-year eligible candidate, Parcells has been a finalist twice before (2001, 2002) following his announced retirement as head coach of the New York Jets in 1999. At the time the Hall of Fame By-laws did not require a coach to be retired the now mandatory five seasons. Parcells returned to coach the Dallas Cowboys in 2003 and the five-year waiting period was in effect when he retired from coaching in 2006.

The semifinalist list is usually limited to 25, this year there are 26 resulting from a tie for the final position. The Pro Football Hall of Fame By-laws for the Selection Committee provides that the list shall consist of “twenty five nominees plus all ties.”

The Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee chose the 26 semifinalists from the previously announced list of 105 preliminary nominees. In addition to the two first-year eligible nominees, four other previously eligible candidates, Steve Atwater, Clay Matthews, Karl Mecklenburg and longtime contributor Ron Wolf have made it to the semifinalist’s list for the first time. Each of the remaining 20 nominees on the Selection Committee’s list has been a semifinalist at least once prior to this year.

The complete list of 26 modern-era semifinalists is as follows:

Steve Atwater, S – 1989-1998 Denver Broncos, 1999 New York Jets
Jerome Bettis, RB – 1993-95 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 1996-2005 Pittsburgh Steelers
Tim Brown, WR/KR – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cris Carter, WR – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins
Don Coryell, Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers
Roger Craig, RB – 1983-1990 San Francisco 49ers, 1991 Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-93 Minnesota Vikings
Terrell Davis, RB – 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
Dermontti Dawson, C – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers
Edward DeBartolo, Jr., Owner – 1979-2000 San Francisco 49ers
Chris Doleman, DE/LB – 1985-1993, 1999 Minnesota Vikings, 1994-95 Atlanta Falcons, 1996-98 San Francisco 49ers
Kevin Greene, LB/DE – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers
Charles Haley, DE/LB – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
Cortez Kennedy, DT – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks
Curtis Martin, RB – 1995-97 New England Patriots, 1998-2005 New York Jets
Clay Matthews, LB – 1978-1993 Cleveland Browns, 1994-96 Atlanta Falcons
Karl Mecklenburg, LB – 1983-1994 Denver Broncos
Bill Parcells, Coach – 1983-1990 New York Giants, 1993-96 New England Patriots, 1997-99 New York Jets, 2003-06 Dallas Cowboys
Andre Reed, WR – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins
Willie Roaf, T – 1993-2001 New Orleans Saints, 2002-05 Kansas City Chiefs
Donnie Shell, S – 1974-1987 Pittsburgh Steelers
Will Shields, G – 1993-2006 Kansas City Chiefs
Paul Tagliabue, Commissioner – 1989-2006 National Football League
Steve Tasker, ST/WR – 1985-86 Houston Oilers, 1986-1997 Buffalo Bills
Aeneas Williams, CB/S – 1991-2000 Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, 2001-04 St. Louis Rams
Ron Wolf, Contributor – 1963-1974, 1978-1990 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders, 1975-77 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1990 New York Jets, 1991 -2001 Green Bay Packers
George Young, Contributor – 1968-1974 Baltimore Colts, 1975-78 Miami Dolphins, 1979-1997 New York Giants, 1998-2001 National Football League

SFREDSKIN 11-22-2011 09:32 PM

I'm scratching my head on why was Bobby Beathard left of these list. Beathard was as successful as George Young or even more than him and Ron Wolf. Total BS!!

Giantone 11-24-2011 10:51 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;862510]I'm scratching my head on why was Bobby Beathard left of these list. Beathard was as successful as George Young or even more than him and Ron Wolf. Total BS!![/quote]

.......not really.

SFREDSKIN 11-24-2011 11:24 AM

[quote=Giantone;862797].......not really.[/quote]

7 SB with 4 teams, 4 SB rings. KC, Miami and 2 with Redskins. I bet you didn't know that.

Giantone 11-25-2011 10:59 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;862808]7 SB with 4 teams, 4 SB rings. KC, Miami and 2 with Redskins. I bet you didn't know that.[/quote]

What was he did(responsabilities) in KC and Miami ?

SFREDSKIN 11-25-2011 11:19 AM

[quote=Giantone;862994]What was he did(responsabilities) in KC and Miami ?[/quote]

He earned his first AFL championship ring as a member of the 1966 Chiefs organization.

Beathard served as a scout for the Atlanta Falcons from 1968 through 1971. In 1972, Beathard was named director of player personnel for the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins won the following two Super Bowls.

In 1978, the Washington Redskins named Beathard general manager. During his tenure in Washington, Beathard and head coach Joe Gibbs led the Redskins to three Super Bowls and two championships. In addition, the 1991 championship team for the Redskins was primarily composed of players that Beathard had brought to the Redskins. Prominent Beathard draft picks for the Redskins include Art Monk, Joe Jacoby, Mark May, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley, Charlie Brown, Darrell Green, Charles Mann, and Gary Clark.

Beathard retired as general manager of the San Diego Chargers in 2000 after 10 seasons with the club. In just his third season in San Diego, the organization won its first AFC Western Division championship in more than a decade and, after five years, appeared in its first Super Bowl.