Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Scud's Studs (Week 4 @ The Rams) (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/44449-scuds-studs-week-4-the-rams.html)

GMScud 10-02-2011 04:21 PM

Scud's Studs (Week 4 @ The Rams)

Time to hand out some accolades for that stupid nail-biter of a football game.

[B]The Front Seven[/B]: Brought great pressure all day. Bradford was on his heels and/or his butt on nearly every drop back. 7 sacks?? When have Washington Redskins ever had 7 sacks in game? Bowen, Cofield, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Rocky... Everyone got in on the action. Speaking of Kerrigan, what a great pick he's been. I mentioned it in the gameday thread- he's playing like a legit pro-bowler right now.

[B]Ryan Torain: [/B]Wow! Welcome to the 2011 season, buddy! Impressive vision, cuts, speed, and power. Really great today. Granted it was against an awful run D, but we took advantage of a glaring weakness and exploited it like we should have.

[B]Rocky McIntosh[/B]: I know I mentioned the front seven already, but I feel like Rocky deserves to be singled out. He had an absolutely fantastic game. For a guy who was rumored to have one foot out the door during the offseason, he's been really really good all year.

[B]Sav Rocca: [/B]What an underrated acquisition. Leads the league in punts inside the opponents 20, and had some big ones for the Redskins today.

[B]The Rams: [/B]You were indeed studs today- for us that is. If not for all the terrible drops and penalties, you win that game. 'Preciate ya.

Big C 10-02-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Scud's Studs (Week 4 @ The Rams)

thought the offensive line was very good today. lots of rushing yards and no sacks i believe

Mattyk 10-02-2011 04:38 PM

Torain was in beast-mode, dude is like a runaway truck when he gets going.

Loved all the sacks but if we didn't have at least 4-5 today against that horrible line we shouldn't have been on the field.

Chico23231 10-02-2011 04:40 PM

Scud summed it up pretty well.

Im gonna add a couple:

Oline: wow, great way to open the holes up and picked up everything in protection. Limited penalties on the road: HUGE

Gaffney: Caught some big 3rd downs

Gano: every kick he makes is soooo pivatol with our offense being so inconsistant.

HTTR

rypper11 10-02-2011 04:42 PM

The LB's in coverage too. Bradford had nowhere to dump off to because the guys not pressuring him were covering the backs and TE's.

ethat001 10-02-2011 04:43 PM

Torrain was amazing. Makes me wonder whether Hightower or Helu wouldn't have also hit the holes & had a monster game, but liked this to get them to fire up the competition. A three headed monster.

On top of the NFC East! Hard to change QB's with a win - but wouldn't mind to see what Beck's got in him..

SirClintonPortis 10-02-2011 04:43 PM

Lance Kendricks. He makes even one play in the end zone, and the whole ballgame would have been different.

SFREDSKIN 10-02-2011 04:46 PM

Bowen
Cofield
Kerrigan
Orakpo
McIntosh
Torain
Rocca
Carriker

saden1 10-02-2011 04:49 PM

It's not the line, it Torain making it rain. Hightower's job might be in jeopardy.

vallin21 10-02-2011 04:50 PM

[B]Offensive Line:[/B] No Sacks, Run blocked well, and Pass protected. Gotta wonder if Hightower, not the O-line, was the problem running the ball effectively the last 3 games.

[B]Ryan Torain:[/B] The same holes Hightower had, Torain had 135 yds and a TD. Great vison, breaks tackles, runs with power. If he can stay healthy, he should be the #1 RB coming off the bye.

[B]Rams Offense:[/B] (Specifically WR's) [B]PATHETIC[/B]. Dropped Passes TD's, Holding Penalties, lack of discipline. If Bradford had better WR's, this would've been a win for the Rams.

[B]Punt Coverage:[/B] T'd off on Pettis TWICE, and I'll take that. If you don't call fair catch, YOU DESERVE TO GET LIT UP.

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 04:56 PM

[quote=vallin21;843630][B]Offensive Line:[/B]
[B]Punt Coverage:[/B] T'd off on Pettis TWICE, and I'll take that. If you don't call fair catch, YOU DESERVE TO GET LIT UP.[/quote]

Amen, I'd never advocate trying to hurt a guy and the refs got both calls right - but it definitely sends a message that you are going to get your a** blown up if you are stupid enough to pull that in the NFL against the Redskins. If the field position differential had been a deciding factor, I would be singing a different tune, first to admit it but because it wasn't I'm glad Pettis got rocked (but again, not seriously hurt)

Alvin Walton 10-02-2011 04:56 PM

Welcome back Manley and Mann.

Ummmm....I mean Orakpo and Kerrigan.

GMScud 10-02-2011 04:58 PM

The Redskins this year are winning games (Rams, Cardinals) that we would have lost in previous seasons.

mooby 10-02-2011 05:04 PM

[quote=GMScud;843519]Time to hand out some accolades for that stupid nail-biter of a football game.

[B]The Front Seven[/B]: Brought great pressure all day. Bradford was on his heels and/or his butt on nearly every drop back. 7 sacks?? When have Washington Redskins ever had 7 sacks in game? Bowen, Cofield, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Rocky... Everyone got in on the action. Speaking of Kerrigan, what a great pick he's been. I mentioned it in the gameday thread- he's playing like a legit pro-bowler right now.

[B]Ryan Torain: [/B]Wow! Welcome to the 2011 season, buddy! Impressive vision, cuts, speed, and power. Really great today. Granted it was against an awful run D, but we took advantage of a glaring weakness and exploited it like we should have.

[B]Rocky McIntosh[/B]: I know I mentioned the front seven already, but I feel like Rocky deserves to be singled out. He had an absolutely fantastic game. For a guy who was rumored to have one foot out the door during the offseason, he's been really really good all year.

[B]Sav Rocca: [/B]What an underrated acquisition. Leads the league in punts inside the opponents 20, and had some big ones for the Redskins today.

[B]The Rams: [/B]You were indeed studs today- for us that is. If not for all the terrible drops and penalties, you win that game. 'Preciate ya.[/quote]

Excellent sum up for me right there. I'm gonna piggyback on the above.

Front 7 - 7 sacks? Excellent, couldn't have asked us for more. And the d as a whole deserves a mention after bailing us out in the 4th quarter. The offense let them down in the 4th quarter, and it looks like our D is back to being our team strength.

Rocky McIntosh - I was a hater, but if he plays the type of football he played today consistently in the future, I will retract my opinions. Very solid game today.

Sav Rocca - Sav Rocca for All-Pro! Seriously, having a good punter is extremely underrated.

And even the Rams deserve credit. They played pretty bad today, and that was a major factor in us winning the game. Sam Bradford, I feel pretty bad for you.