Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scud's Studs (Week 4 @ The Rams) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44449)

GMScud 10-02-2011 04:21 PM

Scud's Studs (Week 4 @ The Rams)

Time to hand out some accolades for that stupid nail-biter of a football game.

[B]The Front Seven[/B]: Brought great pressure all day. Bradford was on his heels and/or his butt on nearly every drop back. 7 sacks?? When have Washington Redskins ever had 7 sacks in game? Bowen, Cofield, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Rocky... Everyone got in on the action. Speaking of Kerrigan, what a great pick he's been. I mentioned it in the gameday thread- he's playing like a legit pro-bowler right now.

[B]Ryan Torain: [/B]Wow! Welcome to the 2011 season, buddy! Impressive vision, cuts, speed, and power. Really great today. Granted it was against an awful run D, but we took advantage of a glaring weakness and exploited it like we should have.

[B]Rocky McIntosh[/B]: I know I mentioned the front seven already, but I feel like Rocky deserves to be singled out. He had an absolutely fantastic game. For a guy who was rumored to have one foot out the door during the offseason, he's been really really good all year.

[B]Sav Rocca: [/B]What an underrated acquisition. Leads the league in punts inside the opponents 20, and had some big ones for the Redskins today.

[B]The Rams: [/B]You were indeed studs today- for us that is. If not for all the terrible drops and penalties, you win that game. 'Preciate ya.

Big C 10-02-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Scud's Studs (Week 4 @ The Rams)

thought the offensive line was very good today. lots of rushing yards and no sacks i believe

MTK 10-02-2011 04:38 PM

Torain was in beast-mode, dude is like a runaway truck when he gets going.

Loved all the sacks but if we didn't have at least 4-5 today against that horrible line we shouldn't have been on the field.

Chico23231 10-02-2011 04:40 PM

Scud summed it up pretty well.

Im gonna add a couple:

Oline: wow, great way to open the holes up and picked up everything in protection. Limited penalties on the road: HUGE

Gaffney: Caught some big 3rd downs

Gano: every kick he makes is soooo pivatol with our offense being so inconsistant.

HTTR

rypper11 10-02-2011 04:42 PM

The LB's in coverage too. Bradford had nowhere to dump off to because the guys not pressuring him were covering the backs and TE's.

ethat001 10-02-2011 04:43 PM

Torrain was amazing. Makes me wonder whether Hightower or Helu wouldn't have also hit the holes & had a monster game, but liked this to get them to fire up the competition. A three headed monster.

On top of the NFC East! Hard to change QB's with a win - but wouldn't mind to see what Beck's got in him..

SirClintonPortis 10-02-2011 04:43 PM

Lance Kendricks. He makes even one play in the end zone, and the whole ballgame would have been different.

SFREDSKIN 10-02-2011 04:46 PM

Bowen
Cofield
Kerrigan
Orakpo
McIntosh
Torain
Rocca
Carriker

saden1 10-02-2011 04:49 PM

It's not the line, it Torain making it rain. Hightower's job might be in jeopardy.

vallin21 10-02-2011 04:50 PM

[B]Offensive Line:[/B] No Sacks, Run blocked well, and Pass protected. Gotta wonder if Hightower, not the O-line, was the problem running the ball effectively the last 3 games.

[B]Ryan Torain:[/B] The same holes Hightower had, Torain had 135 yds and a TD. Great vison, breaks tackles, runs with power. If he can stay healthy, he should be the #1 RB coming off the bye.

[B]Rams Offense:[/B] (Specifically WR's) [B]PATHETIC[/B]. Dropped Passes TD's, Holding Penalties, lack of discipline. If Bradford had better WR's, this would've been a win for the Rams.

[B]Punt Coverage:[/B] T'd off on Pettis TWICE, and I'll take that. If you don't call fair catch, YOU DESERVE TO GET LIT UP.

CultBrennan59 10-02-2011 04:52 PM

We looked great this game. Then we started to collapse and look like the skins of old. But we held on with our Stud Defense today--particularly our LB's and DL and got pressure on Sam and more importantly the win heading into the bye. But what was even better...Dallas losing. Guess who's number 1 in the NFC East now? Yep

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 04:56 PM

[quote=vallin21;843630][B]Offensive Line:[/B]
[B]Punt Coverage:[/B] T'd off on Pettis TWICE, and I'll take that. If you don't call fair catch, YOU DESERVE TO GET LIT UP.[/quote]

Amen, I'd never advocate trying to hurt a guy and the refs got both calls right - but it definitely sends a message that you are going to get your a** blown up if you are stupid enough to pull that in the NFL against the Redskins. If the field position differential had been a deciding factor, I would be singing a different tune, first to admit it but because it wasn't I'm glad Pettis got rocked (but again, not seriously hurt)

Alvin Walton 10-02-2011 04:56 PM

Welcome back Manley and Mann.

Ummmm....I mean Orakpo and Kerrigan.

GMScud 10-02-2011 04:58 PM

The Redskins this year are winning games (Rams, Cardinals) that we would have lost in previous seasons.

mooby 10-02-2011 05:04 PM

[quote=GMScud;843519]Time to hand out some accolades for that stupid nail-biter of a football game.

[B]The Front Seven[/B]: Brought great pressure all day. Bradford was on his heels and/or his butt on nearly every drop back. 7 sacks?? When have Washington Redskins ever had 7 sacks in game? Bowen, Cofield, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Rocky... Everyone got in on the action. Speaking of Kerrigan, what a great pick he's been. I mentioned it in the gameday thread- he's playing like a legit pro-bowler right now.

[B]Ryan Torain: [/B]Wow! Welcome to the 2011 season, buddy! Impressive vision, cuts, speed, and power. Really great today. Granted it was against an awful run D, but we took advantage of a glaring weakness and exploited it like we should have.

[B]Rocky McIntosh[/B]: I know I mentioned the front seven already, but I feel like Rocky deserves to be singled out. He had an absolutely fantastic game. For a guy who was rumored to have one foot out the door during the offseason, he's been really really good all year.

[B]Sav Rocca: [/B]What an underrated acquisition. Leads the league in punts inside the opponents 20, and had some big ones for the Redskins today.

[B]The Rams: [/B]You were indeed studs today- for us that is. If not for all the terrible drops and penalties, you win that game. 'Preciate ya.[/quote]

Excellent sum up for me right there. I'm gonna piggyback on the above.

Front 7 - 7 sacks? Excellent, couldn't have asked us for more. And the d as a whole deserves a mention after bailing us out in the 4th quarter. The offense let them down in the 4th quarter, and it looks like our D is back to being our team strength.

Rocky McIntosh - I was a hater, but if he plays the type of football he played today consistently in the future, I will retract my opinions. Very solid game today.

Sav Rocca - Sav Rocca for All-Pro! Seriously, having a good punter is extremely underrated.

And even the Rams deserve credit. They played pretty bad today, and that was a major factor in us winning the game. Sam Bradford, I feel pretty bad for you.

budw38 10-02-2011 05:25 PM

[quote=vallin21;843630][B]Offensive Line:[/B] No Sacks, Run blocked well, and Pass protected. Gotta wonder if Hightower, not the O-line, was the problem running the ball effectively the last 3 games.

[B]Ryan Torain:[/B] The same holes Hightower had, Torain had had 135 yds and a TD. Great vison, breaks tackles, runs with power. If he can stay healthy, he should be the #1 RB coming off the bye.

[B]Rams Offense:[/B] (Specifically WR's) [B]PATHETIC[/B]. Dropped Passes TD's, Holding Penalties, lack of discipline. If Bradford had better WR's, this would've been a win for the Rams.

[B]Punt Coverage:[/B] T'd off on Pettis TWICE, and I'll take that. If you don't call fair catch, YOU DESERVE TO GET LIT UP.[/quote]
This . If we only had a QB ....... ? Rocky plaed great , Torain was awesome and Dallas blows a huge lead and like the iggles LOSE !!!!

Dirtbag59 10-02-2011 06:13 PM

[quote=ethat001;843617]Torrain was amazing. Makes me wonder whether Hightower or Helu wouldn't have also hit the holes & had a monster game, but liked this to get them to fire up the competition. A three headed monster.

On top of the NFC East! Hard to change QB's with a win - but wouldn't mind to see what Beck's got in him..[/quote]

Helu maybe. I can't help but think that Hightower is hurt. He did have durability concerns during his time in Arizona and has never had this many carries in consecutive weeks. I also noticed him wearing a shoulder apparatus similar to Felix Jones.

mooby 10-02-2011 06:15 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;843780]Helu maybe. I can't help but think that Hightower is hurt. He did have durability concerns during his time in Arizona and has never had this many carries in consecutive weeks. [B] I also noticed him wearing a shoulder apparatus similar to Felix Jones[/B].[/quote]

I saw that too and assumed he had a sore shoulder or something. But if it's a nagging injury I'm glad our bye is next week so he can get healthy. I don't expect a big game out of him at Philly though.

TenandSix:Unacceptable 10-02-2011 06:49 PM

Stud- Spagnuolo. I can't believe how well he coached them up for this game. Totally shocked they lost considering the high caliber of his game plan and overall general's demeanor.

Alvin Walton 10-02-2011 07:44 PM

[quote=TenandSix:Unacceptable;843808]Stud- Spagnuolo. I can't believe how well he coached them up for this game. Totally shocked they lost considering the high caliber of his game plan and overall general's demeanor.[/quote]

[img]http://obsoletegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/wtf-cat.jpg[/img]

mooby 10-02-2011 07:48 PM

[quote=TenandSix:Unacceptable;843808]Stud- Spagnuolo. I can't believe how well he coached them up for this game. Totally shocked they lost considering the high caliber of his game plan and overall general's demeanor.[/quote]

:laughing- And along those lines:

[URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/redskins-rams-best-and-worst/2011/10/02/gIQABLi2FL_blog.html"]DC Sports Bog: Redskins v Rams; Best and Worst[/URL]

[quote=DC Sports Bog]
Best Redskins Defensive Back: I thought Mike Sims-Walker did an awesome job repeatedly knocking the ball to the ground, preventing completions and ending drives.
[/quote]

redsk1 10-02-2011 07:54 PM

Our Oline had a great game i thought.

The whole D deserves alot of credit too. No TD's last week and one this week. SB got beat up today and that affected many of his passes.

Of course a big part of that D, was Kerrigan, who had another very good game, and Orakpo w/ the 2.5 sacks. Bowen had a nice game too.

Torain ran hard and was more elusive than I remember.

Rocky was awesome today too.

Hey, we're a work in progress, but 3-1 aint too bad.

Warren85Ellard 10-02-2011 08:06 PM

[quote=Mattyk;843602]Torain was in beast-mode, dude is like a runaway truck when he gets going.

Loved all the sacks but if we didn't have at least 4-5 today against that horrible line we shouldn't have been on the field.[/quote]

Torain was running like Larry Brown circa 1972:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxHyHkhdXo[/ame]

skinsfaninok 10-02-2011 08:14 PM

Entire defense, oline, atv

skinsfaninok 10-02-2011 08:15 PM

Who the **** are you?????????????????????

SirClintonPortis 10-02-2011 08:37 PM

I love our two-headed monster of Rak and Kerrigan.

Dirtbag59 10-02-2011 08:50 PM

[B]Tackling[/B] - A long forgotten fundamental. I was amazed at how well all 11 guys were able to wrap up guys like Steve Jackson and push him back. Seriously enough can't be said about how well the entire defense used proper form against the Rams O.

mooby 10-02-2011 08:52 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;843945][B]Tackling[/B] - A long forgotten fundamental. I was amazed at how well all 11 guys were able to wrap up guys like Steve Jackson and push him back. Seriously enough can't be said about how well the entire defense used proper form against the Rams O.[/quote]

I like watching the highlights on NFLN after all the games wrap up, and it's amazing watching all the offensive highlights that are the cause of poor tackling. It's nice to know we're not one of those teams. Looks like some d-coordinators need to preach fundamentals again.

The Goat 10-02-2011 09:38 PM

The defense as a whole was on today. Kerrigan/Orakpo really make it happen IMO bringing legitimate pass rush from both sides and playing the bookend role.

The ground game. Time to revisit the RB lineup yet? I think Helu and then Torain should get the bulk of carries w/ Hightower as a third down back.

Yes the Rams offense probably gets the game ball tho lol. They're just awful. Drops left and right. Uninspired offensive line. These guys are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!

GTripp0012 10-03-2011 01:09 AM

Rocky did have an impressively mistake-free game. He and the rest of the front seven were monsters today.

Bucket 10-03-2011 02:07 AM

Torain reminds me of Larry Brown too!!! I was going to say the same thing.. The guy runs like a Mac Truck. I wouldn't be surprised if he's named our starter or even used for trade bait? lol

Jontrem 10-03-2011 08:42 AM

Santana Moss would be a stud in my opinion, other than that one drop he played a good game I thought. Guy has been doing it for us for a long time now!

hooskins 10-03-2011 10:33 AM

Despite all the criticism, I think the entire coaching staff deserves major props for the entire season(yes, I know not the point of this thread).

Who really thought we were going to be 3-1 at this point? I was thinking 1-3 or 2-2 at best.

Lotus 10-03-2011 11:11 AM

We thought that Kerrigan would be good as a rookie but, wow, just wow. Two thumbs up to Scott Campbell for drafting him.

I've critiqued Stephen Bowen before for an inconsistent pass rush. Not so in the Rams game. Kudos to Bowen.

skinsfan69 10-03-2011 01:37 PM

Kerrigan is simply a playmaker. What a great pick. Major props to the front office. If only Jenkins didn't get hurt...

Chief X_Phackter 10-03-2011 03:43 PM

Big ups to Grossman for bailing out the defense and getting us the win...

53Fan 10-03-2011 06:05 PM

Before this year it would have been easy to pick the one or two players who were studs. Now? My God it's half the team. I love it!

44ever 10-03-2011 06:13 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;844389]Big ups to Grossman for bailing out the defense and getting us the win...[/quote]

Huh? They must have seriously censored the game over there.

CapitalDefense 10-03-2011 06:36 PM

[quote=mooby;843656]Excellent sum up for me right there. I'm gonna piggyback on the above.

Front 7 - 7 sacks? Excellent, couldn't have asked us for more. And the d as a whole deserves a mention after bailing us out in the 4th quarter. The offense let them down in the 4th quarter, and it looks like our D is back to being our team strength.

Rocky McIntosh - I was a hater, but if he plays the type of football he played today consistently in the future, I will retract my opinions. Very solid game today.

Sav Rocca - Sav Rocca for All-Pro! Seriously, having a good punter is extremely underrated.

And even the Rams deserve credit. They played pretty bad today, and that was a major factor in us winning the game. Sam Bradford, I feel pretty bad for you.[/quote]

I told you guys about Rocky in the preseason, he is a player. You want Riley starting now? NOT!

mooby 10-03-2011 07:05 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;844389]Big ups to Grossman for bailing out the defense and getting us the win...[/quote]

riiiiiiight.... Here lemme fix that for ya.

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;844389]Big ups to the defense for bailing out Grossman and getting us the win...[/quote]