Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Running Game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44452)

DynamiteRave 10-02-2011 05:25 PM

The Running Game

Well, with so much Beck v. Grossman, I'm kinda tired of the negativity after a win, even though yeah I don't like Grossman either. But that's neither here nor there.

Just wanted to say I was really impressed with the run game today and hopefully we can see more of that against the Eagles. I wish that Torain was the premiere back, but I don't mind Hightower starting and switching reps with Helu and ATV. I also wish we'd run the ball just a smidgen more than we seem to be the past couple of games.

But yeah, the RBs really made me proud.

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 05:27 PM

Re: The Running Game

Great thread -- it's unreal man. Every week, we are toasting another of our RBs. Great to see Torain come back strong from his injury and justify his position on the roster. Rams' run D isn't very good but that just means the Skins running game did what it was supposed to. Let's hope it continues like this all season.

Chico23231 10-02-2011 05:30 PM

Like I said on your "who leads the offense"...its gotta be the running game. Always runs the Shanny offense. We clearly see when we throw the ball, we cant get it done period.

mooby 10-02-2011 05:30 PM

Yeah our running game was effective today. The more effective it is and the less we put the game on Grossman's shoulders the better this season.

Hightower hasn't looked all that effective yet though. Not sure whether it's the blocking or him, but it looked like two different offenses when it was him v. Torain out there. And Helu remains a nice change of pace back. If we see more of Torain, I think it'll mean less of Hightower. Helu looks to be constant as the change of pace back though.

Alvin Walton 10-02-2011 05:31 PM

Great problem to have.
Who's our next starting RB?

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 05:32 PM

It's fine if Hightower takes some time to get going -- love the change of pace with Helu and HT should get it sorted out by midseason and we'll have three starting RBs.

Ruhskins 10-02-2011 05:38 PM

I think if we had had the same success running the ball last week, we would have won the game. Given the talent we have at RB, our focus should be to run the game first and then pass. If this doesn't happen, then we have the same problem as before....a coaching staff that refuses to adjust to the teams' talent (or lack of in the case of the QBs).

mooby 10-02-2011 05:40 PM

One thing's for sure if we can't run the ball our offense is in trouble. We need the run game to consistently succeed on offense.

diehard 10-02-2011 05:43 PM

I hope that Kyle isn't limiting certain plays for Hightower and expanding the rest of the playbook for Helu and Torain. It just seems like Hightower is getting the bulk of the outside stretch-zone runs which has been getting stuffed since week one.

vallin21 10-02-2011 05:47 PM

Good Thread. Torain ran hard, and these were the same exact holes the O-line opened up for Hightower the last 3 games, and he was mostly ineffective. You have to wonder if Hightower was the problem running the ball, instead of the O-Line not run blocking well. IMO, Hightower's the 3rd best Runner, but the he's the better all around RB. He doesn't break many tackles, and doesn't have great vision, but he can pass protect, which is why he hasn't been [B]officially[/B] benched.

Hope to see Torain start against the Eagles, with Helu being the change of pace back. Hightower's PT will diminish because he's becoming more of a liability running the ball.

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 05:50 PM

Just checked out the stats - net 196 yards on the ground at 4.9 a carry. That is one hell of an impressive run game, should be milking that and building on it for the rest of the season.

12thMan 10-02-2011 05:53 PM

A lot of these plays are going over Trent's side too. He's played really well the last couple of weeks. And no sacks today on Rexy if I recall.

rbanerjee23 10-02-2011 05:54 PM

[quote=12thMan;843747]A lot of these plays are going over Trent's side too. He's played really well the last couple of weeks. And no sacks today on Rexy if I recall.[/quote]

Great point -- after the questionable game against the Giants, Silverback has been playing really well meaning he took some of that criticism to heart and got better which is awesome

SmootSmack 10-02-2011 05:54 PM

Hightower's not healthy. What exactly is up I don't know. But I know something is up

skinsfaninok 10-02-2011 05:55 PM

Love our run game folks, it's nice to be able to rotate like we do. Young guys that gutless hard!!! 3-1 good run game is the key