Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Scud's Studs (Week 6 vs. Eagles) (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/44710-scuds-studs-week-6-vs-eagles.html)

GMScud 10-16-2011 04:28 PM

Scud's Studs (Week 6 vs. Eagles)

Well, not a lot of love to throw around today, so I'll get my short list out of the way.

[B]Graham Gano:[/B] I'm glad we stuck with this guy. 2-2 today including a 50 yarder, and every kickoff was a touchback if I'm not mistaken.

[B]Sav Rocca: [/B]Continues to be a great special teams weapon, as he continues to league the NFL in punts inside the opponent's 20.

[B]John Beck: [/B]Welcome to the starting lineup. Did a good job for the most part, had a few off target throws, but had a few really good throws too. Also showed us flashes of what his mobility brings to the table.

[B]2nd Half Defense: [/B]I was disappointed with our inability to stop the run overall, but we pitched a shutout in the 2nd half despite Grossman's repeated turnovers setting up shorter fields for Philly. After a few bad 1st half series, the D did enough to keep us in it.

Bucket 10-16-2011 04:33 PM

Re: Scud's Studs (Week 6 vs. Eagles)

Beck doesn't play with the first team O all week, and comes in looking better then Grossman did all day. He practices with the first team this week and makes some of those under throws.

He just looks so much more poised. Grossman looks like he's about to get sniped by some hidden sniper out on the field. Beck looked like he's been doing it his whole life.

Jontrem 10-16-2011 04:33 PM

Should probably add Fred Davis to that list?

hooskins 10-16-2011 04:35 PM

Yeah D tightened up real well. 20 pts is low for the Eagles.

mlmpetert 10-16-2011 04:36 PM

Yeah Gano is looking good this season. I kind of wish we let him kick that 55-56 yarder after the delay of game.

CultBrennan59 10-16-2011 04:41 PM

Fred Davis, Gano, Beck,

Davis has officially taken over Cooleys starting spot. Cooleys done. He looks slower and like he doesn't want to play.

DynamiteRave 10-16-2011 04:42 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;848033]Fred Davis, Gano, Beck,

Davis has officially taken over Cooleys starting spot. Cooleys done. He looks slower and like he doesn't want to play.[/quote]

I dunno if he's done, but he's not playing with the high motor anymore. Shanhan said Cooley's gonna require surgery on his hand, so he's probably not going to be playing or a few weeks anyway.

Ruhskins 10-16-2011 04:44 PM

Davis has officially taken over Cooleys starting spot. Cooleys done. He looks slower and like he doesn't want to play.[/quote]

Cooley has been hurt since day one yet he's still out there.

Mechanix544 10-16-2011 04:50 PM

I hope we can get a 3rd for him

Chico23231 10-16-2011 04:52 PM

where is the smackdown? good list Scud. D was gud, Gano and Sav were mvps on offense

htownskinfan 10-16-2011 04:52 PM

Gano and Rocca,that's it.Game ball goes to Vick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DynamiteRave 10-16-2011 04:54 PM

[quote=Chico23231;848057]where is the smackdown? good list Scud. D was gud, Gano and Sav were mvps on offense[/quote]

Smoot's busy writing a novel. Fingers can be pointed all around.

Mechanix544 10-16-2011 04:59 PM

beck did good, and the defense did very good with what was given to them. to hold that team to 20 points after 4 turnovers, that is a feat in itself. Our defense is for real, our offense is for ill.

Lotus 10-16-2011 05:35 PM

Cofield had some excellent rushes where he collapsed the pocket.

Josh Wilson had some nice plays, although a couple of them occurred when he was covering for someone else's mistake.

Atogwe also had some solid plays including a nice sack.

Rak did a good job of bringing pressure although he needed to finish better.

GridIron26 10-16-2011 05:37 PM

You are right Davis have taken over the position, but Cooley isn't done though. He's playing hurt, and now with the broken index. We probably should not expect much from Cooley this year; however our offense can be potent with healthy Cooley, assuming we resign or extend Davis's contract soon. Cooley can play both TE and FB, he's versatility and Shanny loves versatility players. And not to mention, Davis can line up as WR. We must use all weapons we have on the field.

Davis played great today, although I think he could have prevent Rexy's int if he would reached for it.

[quote=Mechanix544;848070]beck did good, and the defense did very good with what was given to them. to hold that team to 20 points after 4 turnovers, that is a feat in itself. [B]Our defense is for real, our offense is for ill.[/B][/quote]

Indeed but we must stay away from penalties, it cost us the game. The momentum for Eagles began after that roughing passer penalty by Orakpo IMO.