Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Andrew Luck Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=44924)

mredskins 10-28-2011 08:31 AM

Official Andrew Luck Thread

I wanted to start a new thread just on this guy. I think he is the biggest prospect I have ever heard of coming out of college and I have been watching football strong for 28 of my 38 years. The buzz around this guy is unreal.

What are the real chances of us getting him? I just think everyone has a price. What would Bruce Allen and company give up for him? Two 1st and a first born?

It is definitely going to be a interesting draft night.

freddyg12 10-28-2011 08:40 AM

Re: Official Andrew Luck Thread

I think if the Rams end up w/the #1 we have a chance to make a deal.

jamf 10-28-2011 08:44 AM

Is there an unofficial Andrew Luck thread?

If the rams get the first pick, he will go to the highest bidder.
It depends on how much we want to give up for him.
The Ram would probably want 2 top 10 first round picks and a handful of other selections. Since out team is not that bad, It might cost us 3 first round picks.

I doubt we will be able to get him!

BringBackJoeT 10-28-2011 09:00 AM

If the NFL decides to run a lottery for the 2012 draft for the bottom 10 finishers, and our injuries this year end up derailing our season, then under that scenario I could see us having a shot at Luck. Otherwise, no chance. The degree of mortgaging necessary to work that trade will scare even Snyder.

CRedskinsRule 10-28-2011 09:08 AM

Is Kyle Shanahan Mike's firstborn, if so, maybe that 2 1st's and the firstborn might work if it's with the Rams.

mredskins 10-28-2011 09:12 AM

[quote=BringBackJoeT;852868]If the NFL decides to run a lottery for the 2012 draft for the bottom 10 finishers, and our injuries this year end up derailing our season, then under that scenario I could see us having a shot at Luck. Otherwise, no chance. The degree of mortgaging necessary to work that trade will scare even Snyder.[/quote]

Are they really thinking about having a lottery? That is one of the worst things about the NBA. God I hope they never do that.

Lotus 10-28-2011 09:19 AM

Competition will be fierce so the price will be sky high even if the Rams hold the pick. The Herschel Walker trade may end up looking like just a minor shuffle in comparison.

BringBackJoeT 10-28-2011 09:20 AM

[quote=mredskins;852872]Are they really thinking about having a lottery? That is one of the worst things about the NBA. God I hope they never do that.[/quote]

No, I was joking. I don't think we have anything to fear on that front, but, unfortunately, I also don't think we have any hope of getting Luck.

skinsfan69 10-28-2011 09:25 AM

[quote=mredskins;852862]I wanted to start a new thread just on this guy. I think he is the biggest prospect I have ever heard of coming out of college and I have been watching football strong for 28 of my 38 years. The buzz around this guy is unreal.

What are the real chances of us getting him? I just think everyone has a price. What would Bruce Allen and company give up for him? Two 1st and a first born?

It is definitely going to be a interesting draft night.[/quote]

I don't think we're going to get Luck cause we're going to win too many games. I think Miami or Indy will end of drafting him cause they might end up with only 1 or 2 wins. But we might be able to get one of the other guys...Barkley, the guy on Boise, or what about Baylor's QB??

SmootSmack 10-28-2011 09:43 AM

For what it's worth, Moore, RGIII, and Tannehill seem to be the QBs we're showing the most interest in at this time...in reverse order of what I listed

Chico23231 10-28-2011 09:59 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;852879]For what it's worth, Moore, RGIII, and [B]Tannehill[/B] seem to be the QBs we're showing the most interest in at this time...in reverse order of what I listed[/quote]

Not a bad list...Tannehill Im having a hard time gauging the interest. Ive only seen him play one time, not overly impressive. I trust the Shanny, but i dont see the hype with him.

My uncle who is the 24/7 diehard football fan from the old school, says Moore is the most "football ready" outside of Luck coming out. I really like Moore and the fit with our team

RG III has the biggest upside. Dude is super smart too. Im really starting to buy into the hype as a better prospect over Landry and Barkley. His completion percentage this year is off the charts and he does get the ball down field.

mredskins 10-28-2011 10:13 AM

I just read up some on RGIII. Wow I would not mind have him under center.

SmootSmack 10-28-2011 10:14 AM

I asked an anonymous source close to the situation "What about Matt Barkley?" And the answer was "They're probably more interested in Charles Barkley. Matt's not really the type of QB they're looking for"

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-28-2011 10:19 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;852889]I asked an anonymous source close to the situation "What about Matt Barkley?" And the answer was "They're probably more interested in Charles Barkley. Matt's not really the type of QB they're looking for"[/quote]

That's terrible.

#56fanatic 10-28-2011 10:36 AM

I dont think we are going to be in a position to draft him. And I dont want to give up a shit load of picks of future drafts for him either. If you give up a bunch of picks and he ends up being a bust, you just mortgaged and threw away the next freaking 5 years. If we get it great, if we dont there are other QB's coming out that could be as good. Personally, I'd keep an eye on Kirt Cousins from Mich ST. Kid has the arm and mobility to be a QB in this league. I have said it since seeing him play as a freshman. The kid is pretty damn good.