Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Hats off to Graham Gano and Roy Helu (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/45090-hats-off-graham-gano-roy-helu.html)

Alvin Walton 11-06-2011 05:35 PM

Hats off to Graham Gano and Roy Helu

Gano booted a 59-yard field goal, setting a new franchise record for longest field goal.
A little bit of goodness in today's crappy loss.
I look forward to him playing well for years to come.
Lord knows we goth other positions with bigger worries.

skinsfaninok 11-06-2011 05:43 PM

re: Hats off to Graham Gano and Roy Helu

Sad when a K is the only bright spot

Chico23231 11-06-2011 05:57 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;856347]Sad when a K is the only bright spot[/quote]

yup. epic fail imo.

DynamiteRave 11-06-2011 06:01 PM

Glad we didn't get rid of the guy. He went through a pretty awful learning curve, but I could immediately tell he worked up his leg power during the off season and looks like his accuracy has come a long way as well.

Punter and Kicker are locks for now.

Longtimefan 11-06-2011 06:15 PM

Kicker and Punter our two best weapons.

Hog1 11-06-2011 06:15 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;856349]Glad we didn't get rid of the guy. He went through a pretty awful learning curve, but I could immediately tell he worked up his leg power during the off season and looks like his accuracy has come a long way as well.

[B]Punter and Kicker are locks for now[/B].[/quote]
I say good on us? Only 51 positions to solidify......NO Worries then, right? But seriously.....it's hard to watch. It's good to see some of the younger guys to see what they can do.
AND I hope they can do a little more next week with the Fins. The tickets are to cheap to pass up.

hagams 11-06-2011 06:35 PM

It's good for Gano, but I don't think it was the only bright spot. Helu played hard today, as well as Rak and Ker. The word for this week is "balance" and how to obtain it. Beck can't throw the ball 47 times, and expect to win.

mooby 11-06-2011 06:40 PM

He's certainly been more consistent this season than in years past. I'm glad we've stuck with him, and I hope his 59 yarder today gives him the swag to know he can make all the kicks at this level.

GMScud 11-06-2011 07:21 PM

Ok so I unlocked this thread, and decided to make it props to both Gano AND Helu, since they both set franchise records today.

I suppose having two guys do that in a game is in fact deserving of it's own thread, even though our offense is a putrid mess.

But for real, kudos to Gano and Helu.

skins89moss 11-06-2011 08:43 PM

Re: Hats off to Graham Gano and Roy Helu

I hope this is a real confidence boost to both Roy and Graham. We need our young guys to step up every week for our team to improve. Keep it up cause a great performance would mean much more in a win.

DynamiteRave 11-06-2011 08:52 PM

[quote=skins89moss;856400][B]I hope this is a real confidence boost to both Roy[/B] and Graham. We need our young guys to step up every week for our team to improve. Keep it up cause a great performance would mean much more in a win.[/quote]

I dunno about Helu. I felt kind bad for him. In his post-game interview he was incredibly hard on himself and saying he should've done more to help the team win. I like that he's taking responsibility and holding himself accountable, but I was like damn man, you did all you could. This loss was way more than him not doing enough.

I just felt bad watching the dude rip himself when he was one of the brighter spots today. I'd hate for him to become a headcase.

Ruhskins 11-06-2011 08:57 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;856415]I dunno about Helu. I felt kind bad for him. In his post-game interview he was incredibly hard on himself and saying he should've done more to help the team win. I like that he's taking responsibility and holding himself accountable, but I was like damn man, you did all you could. This loss was way more than him not doing enough.

I just felt bad watching the dude rip himself when he was one of the brighter spots today. I'd hate for him to become a headcase.[/quote]

Well I think he dropped two catchable balls, but I like that he holds himself to a higher standard. Still he is showing more heart out there than a lot of people on the offense.

Big C 11-06-2011 08:59 PM

helu is definitely a great fit for this scheme. hes a big play threat, im glad he got the start and he deserves to be the starter for the rest of the season. time to blood the youth and see what we have. so far, i like what i see from helu, even considering the fumble.

Ruhskins 11-06-2011 09:01 PM

I wish we had a running play or two where Helu runs up the middle.