Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Surprise Switch- Grossman will Start vs Phins; Beck to the Bench (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/45200-surprise-switch-grossman-will-start-vs.html)

GMScud 11-13-2011 10:40 AM

Surprise Switch- Grossman will Start vs Phins; Beck to the Bench

Link to follow in a minute...

GMScud 11-13-2011 10:44 AM

Re: Surprise Switch- Grossman will Start vs Phins; Beck to the Bench

I figured this was big enough news for it's own thread.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/13/another-sign-john-beck-is-on-a-short-leash/]Report: Rex Grossman will start Sunday against Dolphins | ProFootballTalk[/url]

12thMan 11-13-2011 10:46 AM

Sonny J. said Shanny told him a few days ago. Very, very surprising move. Shanny's losing a lot of credibility right now.

SirClintonPortis 11-13-2011 10:47 AM

[quote=GMScud;858282]I figured this was big enough news for it's own thread.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/13/another-sign-john-beck-is-on-a-short-leash/]Report: Rex Grossman will start Sunday against Dolphins | ProFootballTalk[/url][/quote]

Beck probably couldn't go through his progreessions one damn and was Cap'n Checkdown thoughout practice.

GMScud 11-13-2011 10:53 AM

[quote=12thMan;858284]Sonny J. said Shanny told him a few days ago. Very, very surprising move. Shanny's losing a lot of credibility right now.[/quote]

I mentioned this in another thread- the momet Shanny switches back to Grossman is the moment he admits that this team doesn't have a quarterback. So much for staking your reputation on these guys.

mooby 11-13-2011 10:53 AM

[quote=12thMan;858284]Sonny J. said Shanny told him a few days ago. Very, very surprising move. Shanny's losing a lot of credibility right now.[/quote]

Sometimes you put all your money on a guy, and then you lose all your money. Credibility or not, I hope Shanny gets his next qb move right, because we're 0 for 3 these 2 seasons.

GMScud 11-13-2011 10:57 AM

[quote=mooby;858290]Sometimes you put all your money on a guy, and then you lose all your money. Credibility or not, I hope Shanny gets his next qb move right, because we're 0 for 3 these 2 seasons.[/quote]

IMO we're 0-4... I consider letting Jason Campbell walk a swing and a miss move. The guy isn't a star but he's better than what Rex/Donovan/Beck have given us.

At least with Rex we have a chance to score a TD or two. Beck is not an NFL QB. He's proven that.

IrMitchell 11-13-2011 10:57 AM

[quote=mooby;858290]Sometimes you put all your money on a guy, and then you lose all your money. Credibility or not, I hope Shanny gets his next qb move right, because we're 0 for 3 these 2 seasons.[/quote]

And the worst part is that 66% of these moves were inevitably wrong.

12thMan 11-13-2011 11:09 AM

[quote=GMScud;858293]IMO we're 0-4... I consider letting Jason Campbell walk a swing and a miss move. The guy isn't a star but he's better than what Rex/Donovan/Beck have given us.

At least with Rex we have a chance to score a TD or two. Beck is not an NFL QB. He's proven that.[/quote]

Yep, he's definitely 0-4. Shanny has no credibility on QBs. He's def 0-4.

Pigskins 11-13-2011 11:11 AM

He didn't want to draft a scrub in last years draft, we would probably have ended up with a younger beck, he'll get his qb in the next draft

mooby 11-13-2011 11:16 AM

[quote=GMScud;858293]IMO we're 0-4... I consider letting Jason Campbell walk a swing and a miss move. The guy isn't a star but he's better than what Rex/Donovan/Beck have given us.

At least with Rex we have a chance to score a TD or two. Beck is not an NFL QB. He's proven that.[/quote]

Good call. JC would be a definite upgrade from what we have now, and he wouldn't even have cost us anything.

Alvin Walton 11-13-2011 11:16 AM

Here we go 'round the Mullberry bush, the Mullberry bush, the Mullberry bush......

SirClintonPortis 11-13-2011 11:23 AM

[quote=mooby;858307]Good call. JC would be a definite upgrade from what we have now, and he wouldn't even have cost us anything.[/quote]

Yes, he would have. We would not have gotten the fourth rounder we got from Oakland. Nor is his skillset adequate to take a team very far. That's why the Shanahan had to go hunt, because what he was sure to provide wasn't enough to pilot an offense.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-13-2011 11:26 AM

[quote=mooby;858307]Good call. JC would be a definite upgrade from what we have now, and he wouldn't even have cost us anything.[/quote]

I feel bad for the guy. I mean I know he's no all-star, but he really is an above average starter and just gets shafted time after time. Total class act too.

mooby 11-13-2011 11:27 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;858316]Yes, he would have. We would not have gotten the fourth rounder we got from Oakland. Nor is his skillset adequate to take a team very far. That's why the Shanahan had to go hunt, because what he was sure to provide wasn't enough to pilot an offense.[/quote]

He would have cost us the 4th rounder we got from Oakland that we haven't even used yet? If he had stayed on the team, we wouldn't have spent 2nd and 4th round picks on McNabb. We've definitely lost more than we've gained in regards to the qb situation since Shanny got here.

You say his skillset's not adequate, I say his steady yet unspectacular qb play would've been better than anything McNabb, Grossman, or Beck would've done. We haven't even had average qb play in between those 3 qb's. Campbell has shown he could've provided that, even with the constant changing of coordinators. He played in a WC under Zorn too, so it's not like he wouldn't have been familiar with the concepts.