Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hankerson/Golston Placed on IR; Darrion Scott and Stallworth Re-Signed (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45220)

Jontrem 11-14-2011 04:00 PM

re: Hankerson/Golston Placed on IR; Darrion Scott and Stallworth Re-Signed

Ugh this season is just hit after hit! At least we had the first four weeks! I will always remember that....

SirClintonPortis 11-14-2011 04:07 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;859394]

I would kill to hear the Ted Leonis speech when he decided the Caps were going to rebuild.

[url=http://blog.joelvincent.com/ted-leonsis-washington-capitals-owner-10-poin]Ted Leonsis, Washington Capitals owner: 10-points about rebuilding - Joel's Blog[/url][/quote]

Pearls of economic and social wisdom. Dude is a very wise man, even if I hate the team he owns.

SmootSmack 11-14-2011 04:07 PM

[quote=T.O.Killa;859430]I hear what you are saying, but he had 4 receptions last week and 8 this week. Those are significant in the light of the crap we have been dealing with.[/quote]

I'm not saying he hasn't played well. I'm saying it's funny how people are quick to dismiss a player just a few months into his NFL career and then suddenly they're crying over his injury. Patience is not a virtue for Redskins fans

Ruhskins 11-14-2011 04:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;859439]I'm not saying he hasn't played well. I'm saying it's funny how people are quick to dismiss a player just a few months into his NFL career and then suddenly they're crying over his injury. [B]Patience is not a virtue for Redskins fans[/B][/quote]

We also tend to not look at the big picture and have knee-jerk reactions to everything.

SmootSmack 11-14-2011 04:09 PM

Rebuilding the Redskins and rebuilding the Capitals is not an apples to apples comparison. Two different animals altogether

mooby 11-14-2011 04:12 PM

What the f man. Damnit! How are you supposed to see what your young players got if they can't get on the field. That sucks hard, but oh well. Let's hope he doesn't pull a Landry and decide not to get surgery on it if it would probably be better if he did get surgery on it. Either way, I hope he works his ass off so he can keep learning and getting better next year.

skinster 11-14-2011 04:14 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;859441]Rebuilding the Redskins and rebuilding the Capitals is not an apples to apples comparison. Two different animals altogether[/quote]

Disagree. I might be overlooking something big though (and it being a different sport isn't overlooked), what do you see that makes this apples to oranges?

BleedBurgundy 11-14-2011 04:18 PM

[quote=skinster;859444]Disagree. I might be overlooking something big though (and it being a different sport isn't overlooked), what do you see that makes this apples to oranges?[/quote]

Size and rabidity of the fanbase, value of the franchise, spotlight on the sport as a whole...

That Guy 11-14-2011 04:28 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;859439]I'm not saying he hasn't played well. I'm saying it's funny how people are quick to dismiss a player just a few months into his NFL career and then suddenly they're crying over his injury. Patience is not a virtue for Redskins fans[/quote]

well, I thought we'd put him away and try him again next year after preseason... he actually beat my expectations (lots of great play/awful play snaps though).

oh well... If we can't beat MIA I don't know how we're going to win more than 1-2 more this year.

looking back the switch to the 3-4 still seems dumb (we had 2 great 4-3 DEs) since we had to replace guys we already had (rocky and fletch looked better in the 4-3 too). we let JC and rogers go and replaced them with crap.

so even though we've brought in good players, just as many have left due to scheme or money. (and AH/DM were epic failures too).

SBXVII 11-14-2011 04:29 PM

Lol, OMG, just when there was any semblance of positivity being able to watch a rookie WR stepping up and learning to play in the NFL...... He gets a season ending injury.

Soooo who does the team bring in? Put on the PS? Do they move the other rookie up from the PS? Harrumph.

Brody81 11-14-2011 04:30 PM

Can you say cursed!! Finally we get a rookie wr who shows he might breakout and what happens...season ending injury. Can it get any worse?

SirClintonPortis 11-14-2011 04:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;859441]Rebuilding the Redskins and rebuilding the Capitals is not an apples to apples comparison. Two different animals altogether[/quote]

That's true. Hockey is a sport where one guy can have a huge effect and you get a long time to look at prospects, and there are other things too. Still, keeping your picks and not making transactions with FAs and trades is something that can apply to both sports.

I think we're like Oakland in 2009. Awful quarterback and a not too many good players elsewhere. We will need to make next year's draft count.

Alvin Walton 11-14-2011 04:36 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;859428][IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWzt0_l8WM8sR97F2GIrocHauUiW6BPVvzWqeE5yPIYYUXGjevWg[/IMG][/quote]

The Redskins are moving to France?

DynamiteRave 11-14-2011 04:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;859425]Not two weeks ago, people were talking about Hankerson is a bust who only cares about playing video games and talking about it on Twitter...and now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hilarious[/quote]

I'm by no means lamenting the loss but as someone who didn't think Hank was gonna do squat for this team, it's a shame to see him end the season in such fashion after finally showing some promise. But this year is a wash anyway, he has next season to look forward to.

SmootSmack 11-14-2011 04:44 PM

[quote=skinster;859444]Disagree. I might be overlooking something big though (and it being a different sport isn't overlooked), what do you see that makes this apples to oranges?[/quote]

People don't care in general about the NHL as much as the NFL. People in DC especially don't care about the Capitals as much as the Redskins. You can afford to be a bit more methodical if you're running the Capitals. But it's a point I've made that Snyder had to (and I believe has) stop acting like the fans he's been all of his life and act like an owner who basically says "F U you moronic fans. This is how things are going to be done. So you can bitch and moan all you want that our 7th round rookie OL got burned on a sack in his second career start. But I'm not going to make wholesale changes because you're so effing impatient."

The Caps made as high stakes a move as the Redskins have ever made in signing Jaromir Jagr to, I believe, the biggest contract in NHL history. And he was a colossal failure. But does anyone talk about that? No, yet even when the Redskins were making playoff runs in 05 and 07 fans couldn't let go of 5 to 10 year old FA moves.

There's also no farm system in the NFL. Redskins can't draft Kevin Barnes and let him play several games a year against other professionals in Hershey, PA for a few years before calling him up.

I know Leonsis, I like Leonsis. I think he's done a great job in turning the Caps around (though they still fail tremendously come playoff time). But I just don't think it's so simple as to say what works for the Caps works for the Redskins.