Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Time for an "OCCUPY LANDOVER" Movement (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45302)

#56fanatic 11-20-2011 05:46 PM

Re: Time for an "OCCUPY LANDOVER" Movement

[quote=DynamiteRave;861636]See. That's what I'm saying Scud. I'm not a Gano sympathizer. The guy is totally inconsistent and I won't be sad to see him go. But there were other low points of this game and where this game could've been incredibly different. But people like to point out the obvious and not dig a bit deeper.

Bleh. I'm over it.[/quote]

Gano is the only thing that sticks out in this game. Fact is he makes the 40 yarder we win in regulation.

cpayne5 11-20-2011 05:47 PM

[quote=Mattyk;861651]I find it awfully hard to blame the kicker when as a team we've played like utter crap for weeks now.[/quote]

Definitely.

You've got bigger problems to worry about if you're blaming a loss on a kicker.

Giantone 11-20-2011 05:48 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;861636]See. That's what I'm saying Scud. I'm not a Gano sympathizer. The guy is totally inconsistent and I won't be sad to see him go. But there were other low points of this game and where this game could've been incredibly different. But people like to point out the obvious and not dig a bit deeper.

Bleh. I'm over it.[/quote]

Why not blame your coach?Had he not called aTO when he did the Cowboys would have gotten a penilty and been moved out of FG range.

DynamiteRave 11-20-2011 05:50 PM

[quote=#56fanatic;861658]Yeah, but how many kicks has gano missed inside 40? More than any in the NFL. I can't understand how people keep making excuses for this guy. He missed a 40 yarder that in reality would have won the game today. He missed a ton of kicks last year, missed a ton of kicks this year. He needs to be released. It makes no sense. He is the worst in the league....I could come in and kick and I he would be no better than me. think about that for minute. the worst kicker in the NFL. WE can't do better than that??[/quote]

He missed from 49 yards. It was a 40 yard one he made. Again. You're asking your inconsistent kicker to make long FGs.

Yes. Some kickers can make those kicks. Good kickers DO make those kicks. We don't have one of those. Thus meaning, we need to do something where we don't put him in position to have to send him out there and play russian roulette.

Meks 11-20-2011 05:50 PM

shut it

DCtoAZ 11-20-2011 05:54 PM

this team showed more heart and soul today than I could have hope for .... that was a HELL of a game .. we had a chance to win .. and yeah we could have won for SURE .. but all these morons saying we aren't building & going in the right direction are ignorant ... Riley over Rocky, making best plays .. Rex looked GREAT ... Helu will get better, Hightower will be back ... Moss, Hankerson, Gaffney, Davis, Cooley ..... but we are 3-7 so the good news is we have heart and we are building ... next year we draft Griffin III or Barkley ... and let's roll ... tough loss .. i'm drunk .. good night

GusFrerotte 11-20-2011 05:55 PM

[quote=Hail to the Redskins;861574]Ok guys...

I think it's finally time for a protest.

NO ONE should spend hard-earned money to watch THIS franchise.

Highest priced tickets in the league for what??? To watch QBs that wouldn't start for any other team in the league.. to watch a running back (Torain) who wouldn't play for any other team, run for -1 yards every stretch run play (while we have a young, exciting rookie watching from the bench)... a defense that is HORRIBLE when you need them most... and a kicker that you will NEVER be able to count on.

It's time to DO something! Who's with me!!??!?! lol[/quote]

Hey dude, just don't watch or go to the games. Nobody is forcing these idiots to fork over a wad of dough to watch the Skins. They want to blow the $ and waste 4 hours of their life doing just that let them.

Pigskins 11-20-2011 06:01 PM

[quote=Giantone;861664]Why not blame your coach?Had he not called aTO when he did the Cowboys would have gotten a penilty and been moved out of FG range.[/quote]

Thats such a dumb response, shanny can't predict the future sorry boss

mooby 11-20-2011 06:02 PM

This feels like deja vu from 2009. Difference is, I feel like this team, with a few more pieces, will be headed in the right direction whereas that 2009 team simply sucked hard.

GusFrerotte 11-20-2011 06:02 PM

I think once the "super" committee fails and automatic budget cuts will be enforced, maybe a lot of these future ex govt employees won't have as much spending $$$$$$$ and then you will see Snyder a tad worried. The very reason you have the situation is the fact that Skinsland is DCland, which is the Fed govt, which is the only growth industry in the country for the past decade. Once the Feds have to bite the bullet, the "govt bubble" will start to deflate. In reality, it needs to burst. Skins fans that actually attend the games are probably mostly mid to low level govt employees, contractors, or lobbyists. So much money coming in, they can afford the outrageous prices.

skinsfan69 11-20-2011 06:04 PM

awful thread. the team played one of it's best games of the year. yeah there were mistakes, this isn't a good team so i'm not sure what any of you are thinking. dallas is a better team but i applaud the effort.

MTK 11-20-2011 06:04 PM

[quote=mooby;861681]This feels like deja vu from 2009. Difference is, I feel like this team, with a few more pieces, will be headed in the right direction whereas that 2009 team simply sucked hard.[/quote]

Agreed.

Back then it felt like bottom of the barrel with no light at the end of the tunnel. This time around it feels different. Another good draft, and a big upgrade at QB, and I think we're on our way.

GusFrerotte 11-20-2011 06:08 PM

Since DC is the US capital and is indeed the Federal Govt, you automatically have a distorted market since all of that federal revenue coming in props up the DC area, even when the rest of the nation is suffering. Snyder as I have said lots of times before is a frigging genius. He can make loads of $$$$$$$ even when his team is losing badly, since the fans are all high on the hog since most of them feed from the federal trough. William Clay Ford was called the worst NFL owner in Forbes magazine since his franchise lost money last season. Why? Autoworkers are out of work and can't see a game anymore.

SBXVII 11-20-2011 08:21 PM

Why do we have to occupy anything? Last there was major change someone bought a road sign.

htownskinfan 11-20-2011 08:25 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;861628]You've also failed to mention that Dallas' kicker has only made 1 kick of 50+ yards.[/quote]

I didnt mention because I didnt know it,and I dont see how its relevant anyway.Its not like he was 1 of 5 over 50,hes one of 2 and made 24 in a row.When Gano makes 10 in a row I'll be shocked