Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kornheiser believes Skins would make run at Moss (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4532)

flyfischer 01-17-2005 06:57 PM

yep...nothin like 10-6, a playoff win, and a promising offense, to over the hill superstars and an 8-8 season that began our slide into a laughing stock.

azskinsfan2 01-17-2005 07:12 PM

If the Vikes said we could have Moss for free I wouldn't want him on this team!!! He is a total piece of crap!!! Great reciever?? Yes. when he wants to be!! He's the offensive version of Deion and we know what happened with Deion. Please, don't even think of bringing Moss to DC!!!

SKINSnCANES 01-17-2005 07:34 PM

all the reporters always say that tice gives moss free reign to do what he wants. Allows the randy factor and all that other crap. Gibbs wouldnt tolerate any of that. We shouldnt give up much for him, but if they are looking to dump him how could you not like what it would do to our receiving corp. i dont care if he moons the cowboys everytime they play.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-17-2005 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=jdlea]And I will never apologize for thinking that trading/cutting Portis, Coles, and/or LaVar is a good idea.[/QUOTE]

What the hell.....get rid of our best guys???????

gibbsisgod 01-17-2005 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=azskinsfan2]If the Vikes said we could have Moss for free I wouldn't want him on this team!!! He is a total piece of crap!!! Great reciever?? Yes. when he wants to be!! He's the offensive version of Deion and we know what happened with Deion. Please, don't even think of bringing Moss to DC!!![/QUOTE]AMEN:biggthump

jdlea 01-17-2005 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]Quote:
[QUOTE=jdlea]And I will never apologize for thinking that trading/cutting Portis, Coles, and/or LaVar is a good idea.[/QUOTE]

What the hell.....get rid of our best guys???????[/QUOTE]

That came out completely wrong. I meant to say that I will never apologize for thinking that trading them is a bad idea. I'm a jackass for not proof reading that. If you hadn't quoted I never would have caught it. Seriously, I think it's a terrible idea and I apologize for the confusion.

[QUOTE=flyfischer]...who thinks that? Betts had one good game, he struggled last year when he had his chance. We can't trade our whole team, and why would we want to? If someone gets on here and says we need to trade Portis, LaVar, or Coles, that just shows how little they know about the game. Granted some backups stepped up this year, but trading LaVar...come on. Since when does one good year mean anything. Marshall is NOT better. Portis rushed for 1300 yards with a new system, and Coles was hurt. Give these guys a chance. Good grief. I'm glad no one on this site has no say in what really happens because we'd be 0-16 every year.[/QUOTE]

There has been discussion that Betts should be the unquestioned starter because he ran on the Vikes. He actually had less yards than their average, so it wasn't even a great day, but the board was split on the idea of trading Portis. The same happened about a week later with LaVar. People seem to think that a Herschel Walker trade would happen again...it won't...ever! Especially not for a defensive player. But anyway, I was just wanting to take a shot at them.

Once again, I meant to say that trading any of them is a bad idea. And to speak of it is asinine.

SmootSmack 01-17-2005 08:56 PM

yeah you had me scratching my head jdlea. Glad it's all been cleared up

Daseal 01-17-2005 09:06 PM

As I said - Moss needs strong leadership to take him on. I feel we have that in our coaching staff. If he starts being an ass - he gets fined and sits a game. He'll learn. He's a bit of a leader himself, you see him on the sidelines rallying the guys? I have yet to see that from an offensive player on the skins for years. Maybe someone who's not a big name does it, maybe I just haven't noticed.

He brings an unbelievable amount of talent, he's a local kid (at least went to college in WV), and would demand attention from other teams. Why are people so down on Moss? Because he left the field early? As far as I'm concerned it may have been the right decesion. These guys plays with their emotions, and often are fueled by their emotions during the game. Randy Moss left the sidelines so he wouldn't do/say anything stupid that he'd regret. He wanted to just go in and mitigate that. I feel he finally did the right thing and DIDNT blow up all over a coach/player on TV and he got demonized.

Or the whole thing about mooning? Please. That wasn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination. I thought it was a little funny myself. The reporters wanted to talk about it, he said why don't you look where the W is. After constant pestering he said my personal favorite, "We kicked their ass" and walked away. When asked about the fine, of course it doesn't bother him, and I for one would like to see him "shake his dick" in a Redskins uniform as he grabs his 2nd TD pass against Dallas.

Does he have the ability to get out of control? Yes. Do we have coaching and veteran leadership that can calm him down and mold him into a team receiver? I think he's matured a lot since he got into the league and is constantly learning.

I'm not saying we trade our stars for him, or break the bank for him. However if we can get him for a draft pick and a mediocre player (Wynn, Bowen/Lott/Clark), Brunell.....whoops, slipped into a dream, Gardner, McCants, etc then sure. I'd give up two first rounders and one of the above for Randy.

Redskins8588 01-17-2005 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]As I said - Moss needs strong leadership to take him on. I feel we have that in our coaching staff. If he starts being an ass - he gets fined and sits a game. He'll learn. He's a bit of a leader himself, you see him on the sidelines rallying the guys? I have yet to see that from an offensive player on the skins for years. Maybe someone who's not a big name does it, maybe I just haven't noticed.

He brings an unbelievable amount of talent, he's a local kid (at least went to college in WV), and would demand attention from other teams. Why are people so down on Moss? Because he left the field early? As far as I'm concerned it may have been the right decesion. These guys plays with their emotions, and often are fueled by their emotions during the game. Randy Moss left the sidelines so he wouldn't do/say anything stupid that he'd regret. He wanted to just go in and mitigate that. I feel he finally did the right thing and DIDNT blow up all over a coach/player on TV and he got demonized.

Or the whole thing about mooning? Please. That wasn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination. I thought it was a little funny myself. The reporters wanted to talk about it, he said why don't you look where the W is. After constant pestering he said my personal favorite, "We kicked their ass" and walked away. When asked about the fine, of course it doesn't bother him, and I for one would like to see him "shake his dick" in a Redskins uniform as he grabs his 2nd TD pass against Dallas.

Does he have the ability to get out of control? Yes. Do we have coaching and veteran leadership that can calm him down and mold him into a team receiver? I think he's matured a lot since he got into the league and is constantly learning.

I'm not saying we trade our stars for him, or break the bank for him. However if we can get him for a draft pick and a mediocre player (Wynn, Bowen/Lott/Clark), Brunell.....whoops, slipped into a dream, Gardner, McCants, etc then sure. I'd give up two first rounders and one of the above for Randy.[/QUOTE]
I agree with Daseal, I mean think about it, Gibbs has handled the likes of Riggins, Mannly(sp), Marshall and so on. So I say, what is Moss to him? Just another challange that he may like to take head on. Who knows maybe our coaching staff is what Moss needs to straighten him out!!!!

Dana87 01-17-2005 10:03 PM

jdlea,
You don't have to apologize. But you are wrong.

SmootSmack 01-17-2005 10:16 PM

[QUOTE=Dana87]jdlea,
You don't have to apologize. But you are wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wrong about what?

Bozzy 01-17-2005 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Tempting as it may be I wouldn't make the move for Moss if I were Snyder.

He's too much of a distraction on and off the field. Great talent, arguably the most talented WR to have played the game, but is he worth the headaches?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're better off with the no-namers. Especially on defense.

PSUskinsfan11 01-17-2005 10:47 PM

I don't see Gibbs bringing in a guy like Moss considering the type of person he is. I like Moss but I don;t want him on our team and I can really see the Ravens trying to make a run at him. If they had a big time WR they would be right in the mix of things in the AFC. They could sign and trade Thomas and give the Vikings a first round pick plus maybe even get rid of McCallister since he had to be franchised to stick around last season. Then maybe they go after a solid CB in free agency like Rolle, Woodson, Bucannon, Woolfork, draft,ect. Just a theory but I would not be suprised if they did.

SmootSmack 01-17-2005 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=PSUskinsfan11]I don't see Gibbs bringing in a guy like Moss considering the type of person he is. I like Moss but I don;t want him on our team and I can really see the Ravens trying to make a run at him. If they had a big time WR they would be right in the mix of things in the AFC. They could sign and trade Thomas and give the Vikings a first round pick plus maybe even get rid of McCallister since he had to be franchised to stick around last season. Then maybe they go after a solid CB in free agency like Rolle, Woodson, Bucannon, Woolfork, draft,ect. Just a theory but I would not be suprised if they did.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad call. But I can see Moss getting upset with Kyle Boller really fast

Shane 01-17-2005 10:57 PM

Collecting talent doesnt make for a successful team.

Gibbs calls the shots now, not Snyder. Gibbs will not go for Moss. Moss is far too much of a self-centered person. No one Gibbs has been around compares to Moss in this way - because Gibbs doesn't let people like that on his teams. Dexter Manley and John Riggins were pussycats in comparison.

Team oriented spirit is what makes for team success. The approach of going after stars doesn't work.