Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jaguars Being Sold (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45444)

NC_Skins 11-29-2011 02:18 PM

Re: Jaguars Being Sold

[quote=GMScud;864024]To your point:
[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/29/del-rio-may-have-been-done-in-at-least-in-part-by-tebowmania/]Del Rio may have been done in, at least in part, by Tebowmania | ProFootballTalk[/url][/quote]

Don't know why. Tebow is still garbage, and will not be their starting QB come next year. Even Elway has publicly said their QB position has not been answered yet.

celts32 11-29-2011 02:19 PM

My only interest in this is that I just hope it doesn't put Jax in the QB market. New owner & new coach could mean a new QB. A new owner is not going to care what draft picks the last owner wasted on a QB...

Dirtbag59 11-29-2011 02:23 PM

[quote=Mattyk;863923]The NFL is desperate to put a team back in LA, so yeah probably them.[/quote]

LA has a few conditions. First no salary cap. Second give them the best player in the league. Third, the right to pluck players from smaller markets at will for pennies on the dollar. Only then will LA accept an NFL team.

SBXVII 11-29-2011 02:49 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;863924]Why? So they can move out of LA once again? They don't deserve another NFL team, they've had many chances already.[/quote]

Yeah this is my complaint. I don't care about number of people and $$$ the issue really is if the team sucks no one goes to watch them. Oakland bounced how many times and couldn't sustain a decent $$$ or even get the city to build them a new stadium.

I'd rather another city get a shot at hosting them vs. a retread city. Their AFC right? put them in Richmond VA and call it a day. lol.

Or if the UFL is not coming back bounce them to NFL status and lets keep the VA Destroyers. Besides I liked their colors. lol.

[B]Edit:[/B] In reality it's Jerry Glanville. Oops... who has Jerry? the Destroyers have M.Schottenheimer. ;)

diehard 11-29-2011 03:34 PM

Canada.

Dirtbag59 11-29-2011 03:38 PM

[quote=diehard;864054]Canada.[/quote]

They've demanded that players be allowed to fight and the field be frozen solid.

MTK 11-29-2011 03:50 PM

[quote=celts32;864031]My only interest in this is that I just hope it doesn't put Jax in the QB market. New owner & new coach could mean a new QB. A new owner is not going to care what draft picks the last owner wasted on a QB...[/quote]

With the way Gabbert has looked regardless of the ownership situation they might be looking to go QB again in the draft. He's been pretty bad.

CrustyRedskin 11-29-2011 03:53 PM

[quote=SBXVII;864042]Yeah this is my complaint. I don't care about number of people and $$$ the issue really is if the team sucks no one goes to watch them. Oakland bounced how many times and couldn't sustain a decent $$$ or even get the city to build them a new stadium.

I'd rather another city get a shot at hosting them vs. a retread city. Their AFC right? put them in Richmond VA and call it a day. lol.

Or if the UFL is not coming back bounce them to NFL status and lets keep the VA Destroyers. Besides I liked their colors. lol.

[B]Edit:[/B] In reality it's [U][B]Jerry Glanville[/B][/U]. Oops... who has Jerry? the Destroyers have [B][U]M.Schottenheimer[/U][/B]. ;)[/quote]

Man do i wish these two were back in the NFL!!! Characters with character.

GTripp0012 11-29-2011 03:57 PM

[quote=Mattyk;864067]With the way Gabbert has looked regardless of the ownership situation they might be looking to go QB again in the draft. He's been pretty bad.[/quote]My draft comparable for him was Josh Freeman, and their rookie seasons have been pretty similar. I think he'll be fine.

SmootSmack 11-29-2011 04:03 PM

I'd be surprised if the Jaguars gave up on Blaine Gabbert. They just extended their general manager Gene Smith's contract. And he's the one who really wanted Gabbert, not so much Del Rio

NC_Skins 11-29-2011 04:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;864078]I'd be surprised if the Jaguars gave up on Blaine Gabbert. They just extended their general manager Gene Smith's contract. And he's the one who really wanted Gabbert, not so much Del Rio[/quote]

That's my thought on this. If they fired the GM, I might would say they go a different direction in terms of a QB. The fact they are staying with the same GM tells me he's going to want to stick with that decision instead of admitting a huge mistake. Also, it's only been one year and truthfully are playing him much sooner than he should be.

SBXVII 11-29-2011 05:02 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;864070]Man do i wish these two were back in the NFL!!! Characters with character.[/quote]

Imagine, Schottenheimer, Glanville, and Dennis Green back in the NFL

mooby 11-29-2011 05:49 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;863955]It looks like they will be staying put....

[url=http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/11/29/2596091/report-wayne-weaver-selling-jacksonville-jaguars-will-stay-in]Report: Wayne Weaver Selling Jacksonville Jaguars, Will Stay In Jacksonville - Big Cat Country[/url][/quote]

I don't believe that at all. When the Seattle Supersonics were sold a few years back, I believe one of the terms was that the team stay put in Seattle. And look what happened with that.

sportscurmudgeon 11-29-2011 10:41 PM

The Jags have a MNF game coming up soon. As of this morning, I heard they have 11,500 tickets that have not sold yet - - for a MNF game when the team is 3-8. Remember, the Jags have already put a tarp over approximately 10,000 seats in the stadium just to reduce capacity so that they have a prayer of selling games out once in a while. So, in reality, the MNF game can only draw a crowd that is about 21,000 folks short of capacity.

A new owner - - one with enough money to buy this franchise - - is not going to let lease termination costs stand between him and a better market than Jax. And, it will not be hard for him to find a "better market than Jax"...

The problem with moving them to LA is that it puts pressure on the NFL to do realignment and just about nobody in the league wants to go through that goat rodeo unless it is absolutely essential.

skinsfaninok 11-29-2011 10:48 PM

The saints were always rumored to move away from New Orleans and we are talking the "Aints" who never sold seats so I think the jags are safe for now.