Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45526)

T.O.Killa 12-04-2011 07:25 PM

Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

You all know the reason they say Maurice Hurt went in the seventh round was because he failed a drug test at the combine.

SFREDSKIN 12-04-2011 07:27 PM

[quote=T.O.Killa;865419]You all know the reason they say Maurice Hurt went in the seventh round was because he failed a drug test at the combine.[/quote]

They should all get medicinal marijuana cards.

WaldSkins 12-04-2011 07:46 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this is a little bit of overkill for smoking pot?

itvnetop 12-04-2011 07:54 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;865423]Am I the only one that thinks this is a little bit of overkill for smoking pot?[/quote]

Nope, I'm with ya... and I'm straight-edge nowadays. The league has its priorities screwed up, when it comes to weed. In a few years (when the drug has been decriminalized) the next generation is going to laugh at stuff like this.

"Addicts", "idiots," and "black people love weed" are examples of hyperbole within this entire thread regarding the situation.

Fred Davis is having a career season- one of the top three tight ends in the NFL this year. But yeah... his three strikes are obviously affecting his play.

Waiting for the inevitable "The rules are there! They screwed the team!"

Yup, I'm sure all the lawyers, bankers and doctors in this country only stick to alcohol... the much safer substance because it's legal. /sarcasm

"But the entire legal, financial and medical fields don't require drug tests! The NFL does, so they must follow the rules!" Yeah, I've heard it before... the league is just delaying the inevitable.

Alvin Walton 12-04-2011 08:10 PM

Yea, they're idiots.
And yes its a heavy handed sentencing from the league.
I like the Suh comparison too.

itvnetop 12-04-2011 08:20 PM

If people would actually step away from their pre-conceived notions, they'd learn that professional football is one profession where its Sunday employees would benefit from an offseason pot session or three. If lawyers and doctors can smoke to relieve stress, a running back who's taken several hundred hits to the body would reap the benefits of eating a spring-time THC cookie.

mlmpetert 12-04-2011 08:44 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;865423]Am I the only one that thinks this is a little bit of overkill for smoking pot?[/quote]

Maybe, but its not smoking pot once or twice, its for smoking pot 3 times when youre employer says that they dont allow their employers to smoke pot. The most troubling thing for me is that TW and Davis are both willing to risk getting paid millions of dollars for doing something they supposedly love in order to get high.

TW had been in the league for a solid year and he had been caught 3 times. Is anyone else really really worried about that? And while some may say a 4 game suspension for getting caught smoking weed 3 times may be overkill thats what the rule is. I wonder what the rule is for the inevitable 4th time.

T.O.Killa 12-04-2011 08:45 PM

All I want to know is how much money is this costing them

Hijinx 12-04-2011 08:58 PM

Everyone keeps saying it is pot. Did I miss something in the articles or is everyone just assuming?

mooby 12-04-2011 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=mlmpetert;865445]Maybe, but its not smoking pot once or twice, its for smoking pot 3 times when youre employer says that they dont allow their employers to smoke pot. The most troubling thing for me is that TW and Davis are both willing to risk getting paid millions of dollars for doing something they supposedly love in order to get high.

TW had been in the league for a solid year and he had been caught 3 times. Is anyone else really really worried about that? And while some may say a 4 game suspension for getting caught smoking weed 3 times may be overkill thats what the rule is. I wonder what the rule is for the inevitable 4th time.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that people don't realize 3 positive tests in the NFL is a years suspension, not 4 games. If there was no lockout they'd be gone for a year. But because of the lockout, they made a deal that tw and fd only have the two post lockout positive tests count, so it's 4 game suspensions for both.

SFREDSKIN 12-04-2011 09:02 PM

[quote=Hijinx;865453]Everyone keeps saying it is pot. Did I miss something in the articles or is everyone just assuming?[/quote]

It's the Chronic. :Smoker::cool-smil

diehard 12-04-2011 09:04 PM

Losers.

Dirtbag59 12-04-2011 09:11 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;865420]They should all get medicinal marijuana cards.[/quote]

The only way the NFL would accept that if there was a medical condition that pot was absolutely the only treatment available. There are plenty of legal substances that are banned by the NFL. Which does bring one to wonder if they kept taking an OTC supplement that caused them to be banned.

Of course if it was pot then I can't help but laugh at this situation.

[quote]david_schwab David Schwab
The pot Redskins Trent Williams smoked will cost him $1,847,059 #4GameSuspension via @ortsTaxMan
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply[/quote]

Hog1 12-04-2011 09:24 PM

Sooo...is the story like well WTF, we only did it three times?
OR we pretty much stay loaded and you losers just got lucky three times?
Diss..appointing.

NC_Skins 12-04-2011 09:43 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;865431]Yea, they're idiots.
And yes its a heavy handed sentencing from the league.
I like the Suh comparison too.[/quote]

It would be a heavy handed sentence had this been their first offense.

This is their THIRD ****ing offense. The public never knows about the other two offenses because it's kept quiet and goes under the radar. Not ONE, Not TWO, but THREE ****ing times they've tested positive. I wouldn't be giving Davis any huge amount of guaranteed money this upcoming contract.