Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Studdin' it up (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45528)

MTK 12-04-2011 08:20 PM

Studdin' it up

This one should be quick...

Helu - future looks bright for this rook

Gano - 4/4 on FGs

Davis - good game but smarten up dude, smarten up

SFREDSKIN 12-04-2011 08:23 PM

Re: Studdin' it up

[quote=Mattyk;865438]This one should be quick...

Helu - future looks bright for this rook

Gano - 4/4 on FGs

Davis - good game but smarten up dude, smarten up[/quote]

Don't forget Riley. He keeps making plays and is turning into a solid LB.

skinsfaninok 12-04-2011 08:34 PM

Helu- burner

Trent Williams- again a good outing

That's it for me

The Goat 12-05-2011 01:41 AM

Helu (still waiting on that avatar)

Kerrigan (already some are taking him for granted)

Fletcher (saw him lay the wood a few times today...punishing the ball-carrier, and he does it week in week out)

Davie (probably could be elite the elite if...)

Riley (only guy on defense this season to perm unseat an uninjured starter?)

Jets (we'll beat you next time...hopefully)

CultBrennan59 12-05-2011 02:20 AM

Helu is the only one who truly stuck out to me. If I can remember the player that stuck out to me with out viewing other peoples opinions, then that says a lot about how good that player is or how good he did.

Riley did ok, but at the same time Shonn Green had 3 TD's up the middle where Fletch and him are...

#56fanatic 12-05-2011 07:01 AM

Helu was a monster. He could have been a bigger monster had Kyle forgotten the running side of the playbook.

I honestly can't think of anyone else who stood out during the game. Maybe Davis, but there was a period during the game where he went invisible, plus the whole weed thing. I mean you get a "free pass" for one of the tests and you do it again!! really stupid.

Summo 12-05-2011 08:06 AM

I agree with all but Gano, leave it to him to turn the momentum around with a short kick off after taking a lead late.

JoeRedskin 12-05-2011 09:05 AM

From John Keim's article - apparently, fans aren't the only ones who think Helu's a stud:
[quote]
7. Know who the Jets players were raving about in the locker room after the game apparently? Roy Helu. Heard that some of their players said he gave them a lot of problems and was one of the better backs they had faced. Have to say Helu did a nice job again of getting yards after contact early in the game. And I love how fast he hits the hole when he sees it open. It’s impressive and it gives him a chance to make big plays. They also talked apparently about how much heart he ran with. That’s another word for toughness.[/quote]

[url=http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/12/ten-observations-jets-34-redskins-19/1974751#ixzz1ffXNHcdC]Ten observations: Jets 34, Redskins 19 | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner[/url]

MTK 12-05-2011 09:08 AM

Helu is very impressive.

SmootSmack 12-05-2011 09:09 AM

Cofield now leads the league in deflected passes and Fletcher in tackles...so I guess that's good

Fred Davis. I'm high on him. He's the only receiver in the joint who puts on the burners and can roll past defenders after the catch...no, but seriously at least with him you generally know something will happen after the catch

Jontrem 12-05-2011 09:14 AM

I would say Helu, Davis, Williams, Fletcher and Riley. Glad Davis and Williams will be serving their suspensions this year and I hope they smarten up and stop it with the drugs (though pot can hardly be called a drug)

GTripp0012 12-05-2011 09:25 AM

I thought there were more positives than negatives to come out of this one. Will Montgomery had another good game against a nose tackle, where we all know what would have happened with Rabach last year. We ran the ball effectively with guys like Mike Sellers and Fred Davis trying to throw blocks. Receivers got involved. Helu made guys miss.

The linebackers and defensive front played great. The missed tackle on the final Shonn Green direct snap run was Atogwe. I thought Kevin Barnes, and yeah, the final two blitz calls didn't work out, but I think we're about a month and a half or two months from last saying that Kevin Barnes is a liability in the secondary. I don't know that we can say that for anyone else in that group.

Thought that yesterday's game did a great job defining where the problem areas are going into this offseason. That's a positive.

REDSKINS4ever 12-05-2011 09:25 AM

The bright spots for the Redskins are indeed:

Roy Helu- He's developing into a good runner. He'll be great next year.

Fred Davis- The bright spot of the offense. He's only going to get better but he has to be wiser.

Stephen Bowen- I like this guy. Former Dallas Cowboy or not, he stepped up this year after Jarvis Jenkins went down in the preseason.

London Fletcher- He's the father of the defense. An ageless wonder who just keeps making plays on defense.

Ryan Kerrigan- this guy is like Mark Gastineau playing outside linebacker. Kerrigan will be similar to what Clay Matthews Jr. is in a few short years.

Brian Orakpo- the other outside linebacker. His game is awesome. He just needs to learn how to go for the strip and fumble when he gets to the quarterback. But he's one of the Redskins best defensive players.

Reed Doughty- He's underrated but he's been stepping up eversince Sean Taylor passed away. He's not outstanding, but he's sound in coverage and gives it his all every game.

Players I'm disappointed in.....

DeAngelo Hall. He has the ability to be elite, but he only does his best against average receivers but gets scorched in coverage perpetually against top receivers.

Josh Wilson- What was the use in acquiring this guy? I'm very disappointed in his play this season. He delivered a good hit on Santonio Holmes yesterday, but he's been getting burned to much this season. He has a lot to work on for next year. And he doesn't have not even one pick this season.

Rex Grossman- I'm tired as hell of seeing this man turn the ball over every damn week. It's gotten to the point where I've started to look forward to Grossman turning the ball over.

John Beck- Mike Shanahan was delusional as hell to not only have this man near the top of the depth chart, but cut Kellen Clemens even if Clemens has had more wins as a starter NFL quarterback than Beck who is 0-7 as a starter. Just stupid.

Jonathan Crompton- I've seen videos of him play at college and he was good. One question though- why hasn't this young man been promoted from the practice squad? Judging from what I've seen out of the ridiculous and oftentimes absurd level of pop warner level play at QB this season, why hasn't Mike Shanahan promoted this kid Crompton to the active roster yet? What could it hurt at this point?

LaRon Landry- He's still playing in Sean Taylor's shadow. Personally, I like his aggressive style of play and he's played greatly in the 3-4 scheme the way Haslett has used him. But during most of his five year tenure, Landry has been a disappointment and he was not worthy of a 6th overall draft choice in 2007. Playing in the 3-4 with a new assignment has made him better, but the guy in injury prone now. And he hasn't healed yet fully from last season's injury. The jury is still out on whether Bruce Allen offers him a contract or not. In my opinion though, the Redskins need to move on from Landry.

Chico23231 12-05-2011 09:30 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;865579]Cofield now leads the league in deflected passes and Fletcher in tackles...so I guess that's good

Fred Davis. [B]I'm high on him[/B]. He's the only receiver in the [B]joint[/B] who puts on the [B]burners[/B] and can [B]roll[/B] past defenders after the catch...no, but seriously at least with him you generally know something will happen after the catch[/quote]

Nice

Paintrain 12-05-2011 09:47 AM

Helu-continues to show that he's a player at this level

Riley-same as Helu, we have a starter in him, nice to see another Shanahan pick panning out

Huff-If he can grow the F up, we have the potential for a franchise left tackle but he needs to be more consistent

Puff-Again, if he can grow the F up, he's a valuable weapon in the passing game. With a real QB and some other options in the passing game to take attention away he can be an All Pro type player.