Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45641)

rypper11 12-11-2011 05:32 PM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Officiating absolutely terrible. And inconsistent. Tripplett used to be really good too.
I agree that the pass rush was off again but I wonder how much was guys playing scared in the second half after the bs call against Fletcher. It definitely looked like they were individually less aggressive.
D Hall. Im usually a supporter but they caught him completely on the hold and he acted like a two year old.

MTK 12-11-2011 05:46 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;867098]Eh, at least the team showed up. Basically we're still have the same problems and they are not going away in one week.[/quote]

Agreed. They played a lot better than I was expecting today, so I can't hate too much.

MTK 12-11-2011 05:47 PM

[quote=diehard;867113]Coaches decision not to rotate guys in more for Orakpo and Kerrigan. They must be exhausted playing so many downs. Has Kerrigan been given a breather all year?[/quote]

Yeah I have to agree, I'd like to see some more of Rob Jackson now and then.

diehard 12-11-2011 05:48 PM

[quote=mooby;867119]Honestly I don't think so. I think Kerrigan is the only guy on defense to play every snap. And you could see him breathing hard today. He's definitely starting to get a little tired. Obviously getting a little rotation going wouldn't hurt.[/quote]

Think about it though just as guys stepped up on the OL, on defense they have guys like White who has flashed and Jackson who has been praised. Give those guys reps before they're gone.

CultBrennan59 12-11-2011 06:00 PM

The Refs blew this game.
So did DeAngelo. He always does, but him not doing Jack Sh!t on that Gronkowski big run to start the game where if he had just pushed him he would have been out of bounds, but no he just stood there and let him go for 40 some yards. THEN, he later easily holds welker, gets the flag thrown on him, AND does a Bart Scott throwing the flag!??!! Bruce Allen, CUT HIS A$$.
Kerrigan and Orakpo, you all disappeared, missed would have been sacks, and got beat by a TE your size, not in the speed game, but the power game, you easily could have tackled gronkowski Kerrigan, and you failed.
Grossman. Do I need to say more? Luckily we lost this game so you can be replaced by a better QB. Luck, Barkley, Griffin, even God damn Tannehill could have won us that game today by making better decisions.

Ruhskins 12-11-2011 06:05 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;867141]The Refs blew this game.
So did DeAngelo. He always does, but him not doing Jack Sh!t on that Gronkowski big run to start the game where if he had just pushed him he would have been out of bounds, but no he just stood there and let him go for 40 some yards. THEN, he later easily holds welker, gets the flag thrown on him, AND does a Bart Scott throwing the flag!??!! Brucsw Allen, CUT HIS A$$.
Kerrigan and Orakpo, you all disappeared, missed would have been sacks, and got beat by a TE your size, not in the speed game, but the power game, you easily could have tackled gronkowski Kerrigan, and you failed.
Grossman. Do I need to say more? Luckily we lost this game so you can be replaced by a better QB. Luck, Barkley, Griffin, even God damn Tannehill could have won us that game today by making better decisions.[/quote]

I swear these stupid Hall rants are just funny. But hey shouldnt you be thanking Hall for giving you a loss?

SmootSmack 12-11-2011 06:05 PM

Call me a Grossman apologist if you want, but I'm going to lay the smack down on people laying the smack down on Rex Grossman today.

Ruhskins 12-11-2011 06:08 PM

By the way I love how no one has said anything about Gomes, you know the guy that completely blew the Gronkowski long run.

Also, if MS is going to bench T. Williams for the PF during the Iggles game, he shouldve done the same to Hall for the flag fiasco.

mooby 12-11-2011 06:09 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;867141]The Refs blew this game.
So did DeAngelo. He always does, but him not doing Jack Sh!t on that Gronkowski big run to start the game where if he had just pushed him he would have been out of bounds, but no he just stood there and let him go for 40 some yards. THEN, he later easily holds welker, gets the flag thrown on him, AND does a Bart Scott throwing the flag!??!! Bruce Allen, CUT HIS A$$.
Grossman. Do I need to say more? Luckily we lost this game so you can be replaced by a better QB. Luck, Barkley, Griffin, even God damn Tannehill could have won us that game today by making better decisions.[/quote]

I think you're being a little harsh in regards to Gronkowski. Dude is a 6'6, 270 pound beast with good hands. That's just a matchup exploitation, no matter if it's Kerrigan, Orakpo, or Gomes on him. Gronk is easily in the running for best TE in the league today, and it's easy to see why. Kerrigan's off to a good start this season, but he was overmatched today. Kerrigan is not Landry. Even Landry probably would've been overmatched, he probably would've went for the kill shot and bounced off Gronk like he usually does. The problem with our d today was the poor tackling. I saw a lot of standing around expecting guys to make 1 on 1 tackles today, and I didn't see a lot of players with the "crowd the ball" mentality.

CultBrennan59 12-11-2011 06:14 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;867143]I wear these stupid Hall rants are just funny. But hey shouldnt you be thanking Hall for giving you a loss?[/quote]

Great point, but the thing is its consistency. True, I'm glad we lost so we can better our draft position for a game changing player. However, I can think all the way back to 09 when DHall didn't tackle Manningham along the sideline. Its just the same consistent thing with him year after year. So I'm saying, Now don't cut him. Later, Cut him for the next season so he isn't to blame anymore.

And Rex Grossman deserves to be blamed. He had receivers wide open against an awful secondary and awful defense. If he didn't throw for 200 yards I wouldn't say hes deserving of a backup in this league. He screwed up the first series of the game with him not knowing, "Hey I have two young tackles and I'm in the endzone so I can't hold this ball too long.." And on top of that, he throws a bad pass to moss which ultimately loses us the game. He threw the ball away completely out of bounds when we went 3-out. The two drives which we punted were all on him for not audibling. It's simple if we had a better QB we would have won this game today, thats why he's being bashed.

SolidSnake84 12-11-2011 06:15 PM

Grossman might have had his best day as a redskin today, and i'm not joking. He played probably the toughest team today as a redskin, and I feel the team let him down. I was completley shocked that we hung in there pretty much score for score with them.

Ruhskins 12-11-2011 06:19 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;867147]Great point, but the thing is its consistency. True, I'm glad we lost so we can better our draft position for a game changing player. However, I can think all the way back to 09 when DHall didn't tackle Manningham along the sideline. Its just the same consistent thing with him year after year. So I'm saying, Now don't cut him. Later, Cut him for the next season so he isn't to blame anymore.[/quote]

[IMG]http://www.acr0nym.com/gallery2/d/1121-1/picard-facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

GridIron26 12-11-2011 06:30 PM

You guys covered all things that needed to be smacked except for one thing - QB pressure IMO.. There was few QB pressures, even though Brady played his part by moving around. But still, defense could not pressure when it was necessary to stop the offense. Brady was frustrated and we didn't take advantage of that.

skinsfaninok 12-11-2011 06:47 PM

Smackdown won't do much for me at this point.. Im proud of our fight and effort today! HTTR

Alvin Walton 12-11-2011 06:49 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;867147]Great point, but the thing is its consistency. True, [COLOR="Red"]I'm glad we lost so we can better our draft position[/COLOR] for a game changing player. However, I can think all the way back to 09 when DHall didn't tackle Manningham along the sideline. Its just the same consistent thing with him year after year. So I'm saying, Now don't cut him. Later, Cut him for the next season so he isn't to blame anymore.

And Rex Grossman deserves to be blamed. He had receivers wide open against an awful secondary and awful defense. If he didn't throw for 200 yards I wouldn't say hes deserving of a backup in this league. He screwed up the first series of the game with him not knowing, "Hey I have two young tackles and I'm in the endzone so I can't hold this ball too long.." And on top of that, he throws a bad pass to moss which ultimately loses us the game. He threw the ball away completely out of bounds when we went 3-out. The two drives which we punted were all on him for not audibling. It's simple if we had a better QB we would have won this game today, thats why he's being bashed.[/quote]

Don't you ever get tired of posting this dribble?