Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mike Vanderjagt available? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4577)

sportscurmudgeon 01-24-2005 01:45 PM

Mike Vanderjagt available?

According to the Indy papers, Vanderjagt will cost the Colts $3M in cap room next year. Even though he is the most accurate kicker in NFL history, that may be too steep a price for them and they may choose to cut him to creats some cap space.

Stand by for rumors that the Redskins are interested starting in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

Duffman003 01-24-2005 01:57 PM

He may be a good kicker but he is still a deuche.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2005 02:20 PM

Haha. Very succinct Duffman.

BDBohnzie 01-24-2005 02:44 PM

he'd be fine if he's stay off the sauce...he talks more trash than half the league

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-24-2005 02:45 PM

Didn't we just get Hall? He played well when he wasn't injured.

I hope no one really thinks we're going to pursue this guy. Ahhhh, if only we could run our team like Madden-lovers do.

Redskins_P 01-24-2005 02:45 PM

I'm pretty happy w/ Hall. No Vanderjerk....please.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2005 02:54 PM

Not only that, Chandler was solid at backup too.

sportscurmudgeon 01-24-2005 03:12 PM

Let me make this clear. I do NOT want the Skins to sign Vanderjagt. OK? He would cost them much too much in cap room; he is not a good value.

However, saying that the Skins kicking game is solid is looking at the world through rose colored glasses.

I don't know how many kickers have been here since Danny Boy bought this team, but I'll bet its more than 10 and probably it's close to 15. So none of them can be all that good.

Hall has been hurt a lot since he arrived at a pretty hefty price tag of his own. And without Hurricane Betty at his back, the next time Hall kicks one through the end zone, will be the first since he got here. Injured or not injured!

Chandler is a refugee from the SF 49ers who are just plain awful. What might that tell you?

Comparing either them to "the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL", is just plain wrong.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2005 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Not only that, Chandler was solid at backup too.[/QUOTE]

Solid at backup. Not saying kicking game itself was solid.

gibbsisgod 01-24-2005 03:32 PM

vanderjerk playing most of his games indoors helps that he is so acccurate

Daseal 01-24-2005 03:37 PM

Not worth the tag. Hall has accuracy problems at times, but is solid enough for us!

MTK 01-24-2005 04:09 PM

Despite what SC says when healthy, Hall is a solid kicker. He missed a lot of time this year but this was the first year since he's been in the league that he missed more than 1 game.

And by the way he had 11 touchbacks in 2003.

Vandy has 8 for his entire career.

SmootSmack 01-24-2005 04:20 PM

All fine points Matty, but the question is 'is Hall going to get a bust in Canton?'

Because if not then he just plain sucks right? ;)

MTK 01-24-2005 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]All fine points Matty, but the question is 'is Hall going to get a bust in Canton?'

Because if not then he just plain sucks right? ;)[/QUOTE]

classic

:thumb:

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-24-2005 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]Let me make this clear. I do NOT want the Skins to sign Vanderjagt. OK? He would cost them much too much in cap room; he is not a good value.

However, saying that the Skins kicking game is solid is looking at the world through rose colored glasses.

I don't know how many kickers have been here since Danny Boy bought this team, but I'll bet its more than 10 and probably it's close to 15. So none of them can be all that good.

Hall has been hurt a lot since he arrived at a pretty hefty price tag of his own. And without Hurricane Betty at his back, the next time Hall kicks one through the end zone, will be the first since he got here. Injured or not injured!

Chandler is a refugee from the SF 49ers who are just plain awful. What might that tell you?

Comparing either them to "the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL", is just plain wrong.[/QUOTE]

SC,

You seem to be hedging your bets. On the one hand you say anyone who says our kicking game is solid is looking at the world through rose colored glasses and it's unfair to compare Hall to Vanderjerk. On the other hand, you say you don't think we should grab him.

And are you saying Hall hasn't had a touchback since Hurricaine Betty. I recall differently.

I know you like playing the wise cynic, but I think your standards are WAY too high for evaluating players. Hall had a damn rock solid year his first season here. He was injured this past season, but it's not like the guy is a waif-thin pencil-neck. He's HUGE.

And who compared him to Vanderjerk?