Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45849)

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 09:35 AM

The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

a New York Jet.

Bringing Mark Sanchez to the Washington Redskins.

Some of you I've told this to already. But here it is for the rest of you.

The key is the Colts taking Andrew Luck and deciding to move on without Peyton Manning. If that happens. Then the Jets want him, and word is the feeling could be mutual.

Feeling is with that defense and running game, Peyton could get one (maybe two) rings to wrap up his career, a la John Elway. I'm not so sure about that, but whatever that's the thought. And then there's also the whole Peyton and Eli both in New York angle. I guess Archie Manning has been letting the Jets quietly know that Peyton would love to play there, again only if the Colts plan to move forward without him. And Rex Ryan and the front office are really intrigued by the possibility. They really like Sanchez but feel that they should be a much more dominating team then they are and are ready to win multiple titles now. And Manning in the short run might give them a better chance at that. As for Manning to the Redskins, I haven't really heard any legit talk about that. Not saying there isn't legit talk of it, I just haven't heard any. So I won't speculate

So then as for Sanchez, the thought for the Jets is try to get something like a 2012 2nd a 2013 1st, or two 2nd and a player. Something along those lines. They could get a young QB with one of those picks and let him sit for a year or two while Peyton plays.

Redskins are seriously considering making a move for Sanchez if he does become available. The thinking being is there a 2nd round QB this year that would be a better option than Sanchez? Tannehill/Foles, etc? I've been told though that they would absolutely not trade a 1st rounder. But they're not against moving multiple 2nd/3rd round picks and/or even recent fan favorites like Roy Helu.

It's always amazing what big name QBs get discussed in trade talks. I remember back in I guess it was October 2008 when I PMd Matty and said the Redskins were looking to trade Jason Campbell for a 3rd. And we both thought it was crazy. Especially since we were 6-2. But sure enough... Or this October when I heard Colt McCoy could be on the move. So a few days ago when I heard about this "starting QB who could be coming to DC", I actually at first thought this was Bradford, since I'd been guessing he'd be possibly traded. Josh Freeman also crossed my mind. But no, it was Mark Sanchez. Checked with a Redskins source, a Jets source, and a media source. They all have verified this rumor. Again, it all hinges on Manning. But if that first domino falls, everything changes.

So to basically modify a bit what NC_Skins heard, which was "Should Peyton Manning become available we would plan to be a player" my info is "Should Peyton Manning become available (he Jets could make a move for him and) we would plan to be a player (for Mark Sanchez)

So anyway, that there is the big rumor that I heard this week. Quote me elsewhere and you're banned :)

Hog1 12-24-2011 09:45 AM

Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

That's.......BIG..

mooby 12-24-2011 10:09 AM

Crazy. TBH, I wish it was March/April already. Sucks when there's two games left in the season and you're already waiting for FA/the draft to get here.

Chico23231 12-24-2011 10:11 AM

Makes perfect sense, I just think if RG3 comes out and we have an option to move up and get him that's the better move. Giving a 1st for Sanchise would be an epic fail, I could live with a second. I still want to draft a QB this year, the talent even with guys not likely coming out (Barkley, Jones) is still relatively high and still better than last year as a whole. Getting rid of Helu is questionable, and no way in hell Id give up a 2nd and Helu. Helu gone opens another hole, but QB>RB.

So my thoughts as a whole: RG3 > Sanchise, We need to draft a young QB regardless of trade scenario, No way in hell trading a 1st round, Helu in a trade would be disappointing, but Shanny seems to find RBs fairly easy.

GTripp gonna hate this.

Lotus 12-24-2011 10:16 AM

I'm not sure how to feel about this should it come true.

Sanchez has improved every year. One could argue that he has a high future ceiling.

But many of us would like to see an elite signal caller under center and Sanchez is far from elite.

The price had better be (relatively) cheap. No multiple 2nds and a player deals.

dmek25 12-24-2011 10:22 AM

RG3 is, or should be available for us. i like that option better

skinsfaninok 12-24-2011 10:23 AM

This has floated around but again I think mark is better than what we have an have had for a while but I agree with Lotus, I just don't think he's the guy sorry but I wouldn't be confident with him under center

htownskinfan 12-24-2011 10:23 AM

As i said in other thread I would hate this move.Skins would give up too much Im sure,they always do.I dont see Sancheez being that much of an upgrade over Grossman except being younger.I want us to somehow get RG3.I dont think theres any doubt he's coming out,he's had a knee injury and concussions,its too much to risk going back.I want to see him in a skins uniform not dirty sanchez

skinsfaninok 12-24-2011 10:24 AM

That's why I hope the colts don't get that pick, I'd rather try and get Luck somehow or Bradford from STL.. Honestly I'd rather even have ponder than Sanchez

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 10:28 AM

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say this is their first choice. But it's a choice. And depending on other factors it may be their best choice (in their minds).

And I wouldn't get too caught up in what we would trade. Because they will certainly make other moves to mitigate the damage.

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 10:30 AM

As for moving Helu (who I would hate to lose), just keep in mind what I said a month ago

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/862810-post34.html[/url]

CultBrennan59 12-24-2011 10:31 AM

I've been saying that this is a possibility for quiet some time; on this board too I believe. It does just make too much sense. There are so many if's and factors to this that I don't feeling like typing them all, but bottom line:

I do NOT want Mark Sanchez. This is what he's doing with Good WR's and a Great OL. Imagine him on our team...NO Thanks! If that we're the case, then yeah I actually may want Tannehill...

KI Skins Fan 12-24-2011 10:32 AM

I don't think Sanchez is the leader we need. Let's see how the draft pans out (Indy may not draft first) and perhaps the Skins will go all out to acquire Luck who I think will be a true Franchise QB.

skinsfaninok 12-24-2011 10:36 AM

I don't see it happening

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 10:48 AM

I have mixed feelings on it. I think Sanchez is actually underrated. And I feel the Jets actually hold his talent back at times. But I don't know that bringing him here is the best fit for all parties. I'd rather draft a rookie and hold onto Rex for another year.

On the other hand, Sanchez is dating Kate Upton so the chance to see her in the stands at FedExField trumps all

As for if I think it will happen, well I never post any rumor here unless I've vetted it enough that it's a serious possibility. So yeah I think it's very possible.

CultBrennan59 12-24-2011 10:51 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;869942]I have mixed feelings on it. I think Sanchez is actually underrated. And I feel the Jets actually hold his talent back at times. But I don't know that bringing him here is the best fit for all parties. I'd rather draft a rookie and hold onto Rex for another year.

On the other hand, Sanchez is dating Kate Upton so the chance to see her in the stands at FedExField trumps all

As for if I think it will happen, well I never post any rumor here unless I've vetted it enough that it's a serious possibility. So yeah I think it's very possible.[/quote]

True on the Kate Upton part, but I feel the Jets hold him back because he puts them in holes when they let him lose by throwing int's. I really hope that Sam Bradford is a possibility for us, especially if the Rams hold the #1 pick...

SFREDSKIN 12-24-2011 11:04 AM

Bring on the "dirty Sanchez", that would be a great move (just don't give up 2 1sts). With Kyle's tutelage he would be a different QB, Shottenheimer is too conservative (surprised?). We could see Kate Upton with a mustache in the stands.

TheSmurfs22 12-24-2011 11:07 AM

I really hope we don't take this. I would like to see RG3. In DC.

T.O.Killa 12-24-2011 11:15 AM

I will need a rope and a place to hang myself if we get Sanchez.

skinsfaninok 12-24-2011 11:16 AM

Can the skins not go after other teams trash for once? Lol I mean cmon man..

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 11:18 AM

It's blasphemous I know. But I'd take Sanchez over RG3. Give me Bradford over both

SFREDSKIN 12-24-2011 11:38 AM

He's in only his 3rd season and learning, I like his intangibles in a wide open offense like Kyle's.

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/sports/football/21jets.html]Mark Sanchez Had Ordinary Statistics but Exceptional Game - Analysis - NYTimes.com[/url]

Meks 12-24-2011 11:39 AM

i would not like this at all, i dont like sanchez, i dont think he handles pressure well at all.. but his future ceiling has been mentioned and it could be high.. im just not in the mood on trading ANOTHER 2nd round pick for someone elses qb.

skinsfan69 12-24-2011 11:57 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;869911]a New York Jet.

The key is the Colts taking Andrew Luck and deciding to move on without Peyton Manning. If that happens. Then the Jets want him, and word is the feeling could be mutual.

Feeling is with that defense and running game, Peyton could get one (maybe two) rings to wrap up his career, a la John Elway. I'm not so sure about that, but whatever that's the thought. And then there's also the whole Peyton and Eli both in New York angle. I guess Archie Manning has been letting the Jets quietly know that Peyton would love to play there, again only if the Colts plan to move forward without him. And Rex Ryan and the front office are really intrigued by the possibility. They really like Sanchez but feel that they should be a much more dominating team then they are and are ready to win multiple titles now. And Manning in the short run might give them a better chance at that. As for Manning to the Redskins, I haven't really heard any legit talk about that. Not saying there isn't legit talk of it, I just haven't heard any. So I won't speculate

So then as for Sanchez, the thought for the Jets is try to get something like a 2012 2nd a 2013 1st, or two 2nd and a player. Something along those lines. They could get a young QB with one of those picks and let him sit for a year or two while Peyton plays.

Redskins are seriously considering making a move for Sanchez if he does become available. The thinking being is there a 2nd round QB this year that would be a better option than Sanchez? Tannehill/Foles, etc? I've been told though that they would absolutely not trade a 1st rounder. But they're not against moving multiple 2nd/3rd round picks and/or even recent fan favorites like Roy Helu.

It's always amazing what big name QBs get discussed in trade talks. I remember back in I guess it was October 2008 when I PMd Matty and said the Redskins were looking to trade Jason Campbell for a 3rd. And we both thought it was crazy. Especially since we were 6-2. But sure enough... Or this October when I heard Colt McCoy could be on the move. So a few days ago when I heard about this "starting QB who could be coming to DC", I actually at first thought this was Bradford, since I'd been guessing he'd be possibly traded. Josh Freeman also crossed my mind. But no, it was Mark Sanchez. Checked with a Redskins source, a Jets source, and a media source. They all have verified this rumor. Again, it all hinges on Manning. But if that first domino falls, everything changes.

So to basically modify a bit what NC_Skins heard, which was "Should Peyton Manning become available we would plan to be a player" my info is "Should Peyton Manning become available (he Jets could make a move for him and) we would plan to be a player (for Mark Sanchez)

So anyway, that there is the big rumor that I heard this week. Quote me elsewhere and you're banned :)

__________________[/quote]

This move makes total sense for the Jets & Manning since his old coaches are there. He'd be a PERFECT fit for the Jets. However I DO NOT want Mark Sanzhez. He's a middle of the pack QB. Why give up multiple draft picks for someone that's average??? Hell we might as well just go back and get JC back for nothing. I hope we don't make this trade.

skinsfan69 12-24-2011 12:01 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;869911]a New York Jet.

Redskins are seriously considering making a move for Sanchez if he does become available. [B]The thinking being is there a 2nd round QB this year that would be a better option than Sanchez? Tannehill/Foles, etc? I've been told though that they would absolutely not trade a 1st rounder[/B]. But they're not against moving multiple 2nd/3rd round picks and/or even recent fan favorites like Roy Helu.

__________________[/quote]

This is why I just don't trust the Shanahan's. They had the same thinking this past draft when it came to Beck. They thought he was better than the current options in the draft. Well they were wrong! Beck couldn't even beat out Grossman! And RG3 looks like a potential superstar so why not take him in the first round?????

12thMan 12-24-2011 12:01 PM

I'd much, much rather have Sam Bradford. He's just a better pure passer, stands tall in the pocket, and moves around well. Hella accurate when he has time too. That's who I'm still holding out for, honestly.

Sanchez is an upgrade over Rex, no question, but he's been in the league a few years now, with some pretty darn good talent to boot and hasn't wowed me at all. So why would I expect him to come to a less talented and competitive team and light the world on fire? I just don't see it happening.

Sam Bradford, on the other hand, would be upgrading in terms of going from the Rams to the Redskins. I think it's just an all around better move for us and for Bradford.

GridIron26 12-24-2011 12:03 PM

Wow this is pretty big rumor (SS - I certainly hope you won't get in trouble with anyone for this).. I never was a fan of Sanchez, and I am surprised that Peyton would not mind moving to different team, considering the fact that he would have to learn a playbook and players again. This rumor is something that I hope is merely just a rumor.

skinsfan69 12-24-2011 12:03 PM

[quote=12thMan;869965]I'd much, much rather have Sam Bradford. He's just a better pure passer, stands tall in the pocket, and moves around well. Hella accurate when he has time too. That's who I'm still holding out for, honestly.

Sanchez is an upgrade over Rex, no question, but he's been in the league a few years now, with some pretty darn good talent to boot and hasn't wowed me at all. So why would I expect him to come to a less talented and competitive team and light the world on fire? I just don't see it happening.

Sam Bradford, on the other hand, would be upgrading in terms of going from the Rams to the Redskins. I think it's just an all around better move for us and for Bradford.[/quote]

Agreed but I just don't see the Rams giving up on him after two years.

skinsfan69 12-24-2011 12:05 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;869953]It's blasphemous I know.[B] But I'd take Sanchez over RG3.[/B] Give me Bradford over both[/quote]

Really??? Who do you think has a higher ceiling?

skinsfan69 12-24-2011 12:07 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;869947]Bring on the "dirty Sanchez", that would be a great move (just don't give up 2 1sts). With Kyle's tutelage he would be a different QB, Shottenheimer is too conservative (surprised?). We could see Kate Upton with a mustache in the stands.[/quote]

They're conservative with him for a reason. They don't trust him and he's given them no reason to trust him with his terrible int's.

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 12:10 PM

Don't make the assumption that RG3 will even come out. And if he does that we'd be in a position to draft him. Instead of giving up firsts to move up for RG3, we could do something like take someone like Blackmon (for example) by staying where we are and moving our 2nd for Sanchez.

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 12:12 PM

Problem with Sanchez this year has not been the number of INTs it's the magnitude of them

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 12:13 PM

[quote=GridIron26;869966]Wow this is pretty big rumor (SS - I certainly hope you won't get in trouble with anyone for this).. I never was a fan of Sanchez, and I am surprised that Peyton would not mind moving to different team, considering the fact that he would have to learn a playbook and players again. This rumor is something that I hope is merely just a rumor.[/quote]

I don't think Peyton wants to leave the Colts. But they may decide for him

12thMan 12-24-2011 12:16 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;869971]Don't make the assumption that RG3 will even come out. And if he does that we'd be in a position to draft him. Instead of giving up firsts to move up for RG3, we could do something like take someone like Blackmon (for example) by staying where we are and moving our 2nd for Sanchez.[/quote]

Totally agree. The football fan wants to see RG3 come here, but frankly I don't have confidence that he could flourish in this system. I think he'll be good, but something about the Shanny's coaching style doesn't give me that confidence.

I think the kid is on the fence about coming out anyway.

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 12:16 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;869969]Really??? Who do you think has a higher ceiling?[/quote]

I can't explain it. And it's not his height. But there's some doubt I have about him. I think he's going to be a much bigger project than we anticipate.

skinsfaninok 12-24-2011 12:20 PM

Sanchez is a younger Rex grossman he's a turn over machine that has a weak arm and isn't all that Accurate, he's had more turn overs in his career than TDs, with a whopping 74 QB rating, might as well have Jason CAmpbell back. I would hate that move and idt I'd be able to live with another bad QB for years to come

SmootSmack 12-24-2011 12:23 PM

He's getting better each year though

skinsfaninok 12-24-2011 12:26 PM

I get that SS but how much better will he get? Again he's better than Rex ad beck and Mcnabb at his stage w us but is he much better than JC? I don't know about that

SirClintonPortis 12-24-2011 12:29 PM

I don't see how Sanchez has a weak arm. He gets can get zip on his throws.

Frost 12-24-2011 12:36 PM

gotta say i was intrigued to find out who it was, i really thought we might try to trade NE for ryan mallet maybe bring in Quinn and Leinart... but sanchez ? more of a meeehhhh :-| reaction which is the same reaction when we traded for Chunky soup mcnabb. Yea he could have upside but i see it more of a stopgap, nothing about sanchez is exciting at all.

Thanks for the info Smoot always love the insider info you provide.