Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jim Haslett's inconsist defense (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45881)

The Goat 12-29-2011 01:20 PM

Re: Jim Haslett's inconsist defense

[quote=CultBrennan59;870935]Spags is a 4-3 guy...we run a 3-4...ain't gonna work and the eagles are expected to get him.[/quote]

We're (still) best suited as a 4-3 in terms of personnel. And letting Spags go to the Iggles if we could land him would be unforgivable.

SmootSmack 12-29-2011 01:25 PM

[quote=The Goat;870945]We're (still) best suited as a 4-3 in terms of personnel. And letting Spags go to the Iggles if we could land him would be unforgivable.[/quote]

What is so great about Spags?

skinsfaninok 12-29-2011 01:50 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;870948]What is so great about Spags?[/quote]

Not being a HC thats for sure

The Goat 12-29-2011 07:43 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;870948]What is so great about Spags?[/quote]

He's Super Smart on defense :)

#56fanatic 12-30-2011 08:45 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;870929]SS,
He said that we should monitor what happens with washington's coaching staff, and that his gut says that shanahan stays, but he feels like one or both of the coordinators would have to change, defensively and or offensively.

And yeah I say we give him another year--haslett.[/quote]

If that happens where we get rid of or change coaching our coaching staff, I swear it is getting hard to root for an organization that continues to set itself up for failure year in and year out. Just when you think we are going in the right direction, getting some continuity, some familiarity with offensive and defensive schemes, they change it. No one has patience and no one can expect to win consistantly if you change every damn thing after two years. OUr defense is progressing from 31st to 13th in one season!!! Why do we need to change that. Our offense is finally moving the ball, averaging 22 points a game the last 5 weeks, with rookie RB's and make shift Oline and really not a #1 true WR and Rex at QB. I just dont freaking get it why we need to change all the time. We will never win if we keep changing the f'n coaches. so damn frustrating

firstdown 12-30-2011 04:23 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;870189]I don't question the talent, but I do the scheme and lack of adjustment, it's been 2 years and he still hasn't adjusted to a scrambling type QB.[/quote]

Adjustments, if the rest of the team went from 31 to what 14th in the NFL we would have adjusted ourself into the playoffs. We improved a 100% this yr at D so lets not tear that apart.

The Goat 12-30-2011 05:18 PM

[quote=firstdown;871239]Adjustments, if the rest of the team went from 31 to what 14th in the NFL we would have adjusted ourself into the playoffs. We improved a 100% this yr at D so lets not tear that apart.[/quote]

2010 vs 2011 is a BS comparison regarding the defense. 2009 vs 2011 is the real indicator of the new regimes defensive performance. It's a different scheme but you'd have to put together a graduate thesis trying to prove it's better than what Mike/Jim inherited and it would still be a weak argument.

SFREDSKIN 12-30-2011 10:45 PM

[quote=firstdown;871239]Adjustments, if the rest of the team went from 31 to what 14th in the NFL we would have adjusted ourself into the playoffs. We improved a 100% this yr at D so lets not tear that apart.[/quote]

Of course it improved due to better talent brought on board, Kerrigan, Bowen, Cofield, Atogwe, Wilson are examples. They better have improved after spending a 1st (Kerrigan) and and 80 Mil on Atogwe, Bowen and Cofield. Haslett still couldn't adjust to scrambling QB's and I'm not talking about Vick or Newton, how about Matt Moore, Fitzpatrick and Ponder? All scrambled at will, Ponder got hurt and then Webb took over, Haslett couldn't even adjust to those guys.

#56fanatic 12-31-2011 08:48 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;871272]Of course it improved due to better talent brought on board, Kerrigan, Bowen, Cofield, Atogwe, Wilson are examples. They better have improved after spending a 1st (Kerrigan) and and 80 Mil on Atogwe, Bowen and Cofield. Haslett still couldn't adjust to scrambling QB's and I'm not talking about Vick or Newton, how about Matt Moore, Fitzpatrick and Ponder? All scrambled at will, Ponder got hurt and then Webb took over, Haslett couldn't even adjust to those guys.[/quote]

Lets talk about the examples you gave. Matt Moore and the Dolphins were playing really good football and went on a little streak. Plus the Dolphins D was playing really well, I dont think Matt Moore really did too much damage against us. It was letting Reggie Bush finally play well and score 2 TD's.

Fitzpatrick - if I recall, there were not many teams in the NFL able to stop the Bills offense, especially when we were playing them. Again, if i recall Fred Jackson torched us for a couple hundred, not so much Fitzpatrick. Ponder wasn't doing jack against us and Webb took over and made some plays.

This crap about being able to plan or game plan for mobile QB's is a joke. You prepare to play a team and their weapons. You can't game plan soley against Vick, if so you'll get destroyed by everyone else. Same with Cam. I think people are just looking for something to pick at. And stopping mobile QB's isn't a REDSKIN problem, its generally an NFL problem. VIck, Newton (forgive me if I can't think of another mobile QB of their talentS) are not the normal QB.

This is ridiculous.

firstdown 12-31-2011 09:45 AM

[quote=The Goat;871246]2010 vs 2011 is a BS comparison regarding the defense. 2009 vs 2011 is the real indicator of the new regimes defensive performance. It's a different scheme but you'd have to put together a graduate thesis trying to prove it's better than what Mike/Jim inherited and it would still be a weak argument.[/quote]

It was the teams idea to switch to the 3/4 not Jim's he was just the coach we hired to make the switch. He improved a ton this year so there is no reason to switch coaches when they are improving. For pretty much the past 15 yrs its been the O thats hurt this team. If our O could just have one more long drive per game instead of a 3 and out our D would be ranked close to the top 5.

diehardskin2982 12-31-2011 11:05 AM

I think we need to keep Haslett. The defense is currently rated 13, last year we were ranked 31. That is a difference of 18 spots. We are only missing a few pieces from being a consistent top ten defense.

We need a true coverage corner. Landry set us back by not getting the surgery last offseason. The defense is different with him healthy.