Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Many of you are ready to kick Ohalete to the sideline!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=459)

RedskinPete 03-18-2004 05:07 AM

Many of you are ready to kick Ohalete to the sideline!!!

Did he have that bad a season last year? More important in Williams D can he be better? Dose he fit this D better then the one Edwards ran last year? This is a guy in his fouth pro season and can he get better? With Smoot ,Springs, Bowen, Brown and maybe Harris is this that bad? I have to tell you the D line is much higher concern!!!! The report I read about Ohalete season was that he is a fierce hitter who was good in run support and was improving on cover skills. Another question is in a Williams D will the SS be in on passing downs? The one thing we all seem to over look is what great player we can get to play for this team but who is the best fit for a Williams D and Gibbs O !!!

AnonEmouse 03-18-2004 05:27 AM

I think your question is answered by the level of interest otehr teams have shown in him - nada to my knowledge.

I'm not sying he's poor - I only saw a few Skins games last year (UK and all), but he did seem to be fine on run support but lacking on coverage. I get the impression he is one of those guys who'll hang around in the league well into his 30's in a backup role on a few teams. I don't see him getting much better, but he could be a consistent performer for years.

IMHO if we sign another DL or maybe 2 then they will probably go for Taylor in the draft. If not then we'll trade down. I just don't see Winslow as a priority for us. However, if we can trade down 2 or 3 places and still get Winslow (assuming Taylor is gone) and get a good pick or 2 lower down, then they may draft a DE (Udeze) and Winslow and probably another DB (S?). That could be a good draft considering.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 03-18-2004 07:12 AM

I REALLY like Ohalete. But, it seems like a foregone conclusion that he will be replaced by someone else. It is simply a question of who and Taylor would fit in nicely.

Daseal 03-18-2004 07:25 AM

I really like Ohalate. He is quick and year before last he made a huge impact on special teams. I'd rather see Ohalate playing than Bowen. I think Bowen had an absolutly horrible season last year.

Ohalate seemed a lot more solid than Bowen.

MTK 03-18-2004 08:11 AM

I'm not booting him to the curb, but it's not like he's an all-pro or something. Both safety positions can definitely use an upgrade. Bowen and Iffy don't scare anyone.

BrudLee 03-18-2004 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I'm not booting him to the curb, but it's not like he's an all-pro or something. Both safety positions can definitely use an upgrade. Bowen and Iffy don't scare anyone.[/QUOTE]

Not true. Bowen scares Canidate.

AnonEmouse 03-18-2004 09:51 AM

Ooh nasty! ;)

Gmanc711 03-18-2004 10:06 AM

Didnt he break out and nail someone else during practice too?

SmootSmack 03-18-2004 10:34 AM

Bowen nailed my man Smoot!

AnonEmouse 03-18-2004 10:37 AM

Wasn't that an accidental hit though. The guy hurts people without trying?.....

TheCDV 03-18-2004 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I really like Ohalate. He is quick and year before last he made a huge impact on special teams. I'd rather see Ohalate playing than Bowen. I think Bowen had an absolutly horrible season last year.

Ohalate seemed a lot more solid than Bowen.[/QUOTE]

No doubt Daseal... I am amazed that everyone is calling for Ohalete's head when Bowen is the weak link. The guy showed a propensity to get burned and still hasn't grasped the concept of wrapping up. All he does is lay a big hit every once and a while. If we draft Taylor... he is replacing Bowen!

I understand that not having any pressure up front last year contributed to the safeties coverage or lack thereof...but watching every single game last year it became very apparent that Bowen was NOTHING more than a plug in big-hitter. He should be relegated to a reserve role because he just does not have what it takes to be a starting FS in this league.

Ohalete on the other hand made some solid plays. Sure he had some mishaps but the guy is improving every year. I really like him and hope that he is there to show further improvement next year.

Redskins_P 03-18-2004 11:19 AM

I also agree that Bowen is the weak link at the safety position. I would really like to draft Taylor, but it seems like the Redskins are considering moving down to get more draft picks. I do like Ohalete, but did anyone notice that when we signed Portis.......they gave him #26 jersey, which was Ohalete's number last year. I know that proabably doesn't mean anything, but you never know.

I also believe that we're not done trading. We'll just have to wait and see.

diehardskin2982 03-18-2004 11:37 AM

I hate to say it but I don't even think Taylor will be a skin next year. I am not sure but I think Taylor is with the Polston brothers as his agents and if this is true the polston brothers ( Arrington grivence), has burned their bridge in DC.

The agents are starting to ruien this game. I know you guys know that the actuall reason that Samuels won't restructure his contract is because his agent is the same agent for Pat Ramsey and the agent chooses not to deal with the skins because they won't trade his client Ramsey :rant:
It just pisses me off so much!!!

Gmanc711 03-18-2004 11:52 AM

I'm pretty sure his agent is Rosenhaus. I'm not even close to 100% positve on that, but I thought I read somewhere recently that he had decided on Rosenhaus as his agent. Either way, this agent shit is getting outta control, its not their job to have "burned bridges" with a team, its their job to get their client the best place to play.

joehardee 03-18-2004 03:05 PM

well he is isnt Roy Williams !!!!!!!!!!!!