Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Pro Bowl Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45911)

12thMan 12-27-2011 06:46 PM

Redskins Pro Bowl Thread

They announce the Pro Bowl squad in 30 minutes on NFLN. I think at least three Redskins will make it.

1) [B]London Fletcher[/B]. Leads the NFL in tackles. No brainer.

2) [B]Ryan Kerrigan[/B]. First team alternate

3) [B]Adam Carriker[/B]. Maybe first or second team alternate

Sav Rocca has been awesome, but there are a few NFC punters that have had really good seasons.

Quiet as kept, Gano's a keeper. Won't make it this time, but I could see him making it in the very near future. Kid has a leg.

SmootSmack 12-27-2011 06:59 PM

Re: Redskins Pro Bowl Thread

No players voted for Fletch, or any Redskins, which could hurt him

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2011 07:05 PM

Lorenzo Alexander for ST.

12thMan 12-27-2011 07:07 PM

Scratch this thread. No Skins made it.

Fail

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2011 07:08 PM

Yep, I'm sure they will add one or two due to injury. Does Carlos Rogers count :)

12thMan 12-27-2011 07:10 PM

Carlos Rogers and Andre Carter Pro Bowl starters. Ha!

Lotus 12-27-2011 07:14 PM

John Beck not in the Pro Bowl? HE WAS ROBBED.

NC_Skins 12-27-2011 07:22 PM

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7394336/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-headline-pro-bowl-rosters]Aaron Rodgers of Green Bay Packers, Tom Brady of New England Patriots headline Pro Bowl rosters - ESPN[/url]

This is why the Pro-Bowl doesn't mean shit.

[quote]If Brady does withdraw, for any reason, he could end up being replaced by none other than Tim Tebow. A team source told The Dever Post that the Denver Broncos quarterback was chosen as a second alternate for the AFC, meaning if two quarterbacks from the conference decline to attend the game Tebow will be added to the roster.
[/quote]

Tebow? Really?

skinsfaninok 12-27-2011 07:26 PM

How the **** did 59 not make it again? Wow

Chico23231 12-27-2011 07:32 PM

[quote=12thMan;870591][B]Carlos Rogers[/B] and Andre Carter Pro Bowl starters. Ha![/quote]

told mutherf*ckers Los be ballin

London the ultimate snub yet again

calia 12-27-2011 07:42 PM

It is incredible that Fletcher didn't make it, although if the Redskins record were better, hard to imagine he wouldn't even if he had no more tackles (or, indeed, even fewer).

But what I find perhaps equally disturbing is that there are three former Redskins on the roster and no current Redskins ([url=http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d82578253/article/2012-pro-bowl-rosters]NFL.com news: 2012 Pro Bowl rosters[/url]). Doesn't say a lot about how we're handling personnel, even with the big caveat that the Pro Bowl is a somewhat silly popularity contest.

calia 12-27-2011 07:53 PM

It's tempting to start a new thread entitled, "Screw the Pro Bowl, You're the Man, London Fletcher." Seriously, the guy plays every down like it is his last, and has been a model of consistency, not to mention a model citizen.

redskin29633 12-27-2011 08:29 PM

[quote=Chico23231;870595]told mutherf*ckers Los be ballin

London the ultimate snub yet again[/quote]

Rogers leaves Redskins and all of a sudden he has glue hands!

redskin29633 12-27-2011 08:31 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;870586]No players voted for Fletch, or any Redskins, which could hurt him[/quote]

Is this a case of union brothers not voting for London because he plays too hard? Seriously!

12thMan 12-27-2011 08:52 PM

[quote=calia;870598]It's tempting to start a new thread entitled, "Screw the Pro Bowl, You're the Man, London Fletcher." Seriously, the guy plays every down like it is his last, and has been a model of consistency, not to mention a model citizen.[/quote]

Against my better judgement and after a few cocktails, do it. **** the Pro Bowl.

12thMan 12-27-2011 08:54 PM

I'm pissed Jabar Gaffney didn't make, so you know how I feel 'bout London not making it.

Hog1 12-27-2011 09:47 PM

A disrespectful thing to a GENUINE exemplary representative of all aspects of the game.......
What a shame London..

GMScud 12-27-2011 09:49 PM

Not a single Redskin even sniffs Honolulu, and Carlos Rogers and Andre Carter are starting. Man ohhhh man. That's rough.

DynamiteRave 12-27-2011 09:52 PM

I don't think anyone really cares about the Redskins. I think people find it hard to vote for players from a team that constantly blows. But somehow Philip Rivers made it and he's sucked for a good portion of the season.

This shit's just a popularity contest now. Forget who's putting up the respectable numbers.

12thMan 12-27-2011 10:48 PM

You know what, the fact that we're sitting here bitching and moaning about it shows that, on some level, it ****ing matters. And it's ****ed up that London Fletcher didn't make it.

**** the Pro Bowl. It will be a cold ass day in hell before I watch again.

htownskinfan 12-27-2011 10:50 PM

Ive been thinking about this for a couple weeks but been too lazy to act on it or I forget about it.My ideal was to right a personal letter to Fletcher thanking him for his great service to the skins and sending it to I dont know where.Does anybody know where to send or if players would get it? Right now he could use a bunch of them after getting screwed over again

mooby 12-27-2011 11:11 PM

Send it to Redskins Park. And yeah, it sucks, even though the PB is a popularity contest it'd still be nice to know people respect London Fletcher for the example he sets on the field. What are you gonna do though, every year we always talk about how it's a popularity contest yet we always talk about the snubs who deserved a spot.

Side question too, is he even an alternate?

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2011 11:15 PM

The "farce bowl" has been and is a farce, perfect example; Darrell Green went to the pro bowl 4 times while Deion Sanders went 8 times. Darrell was just as good or better than Deion, played in the league for 20 years and probably could still play.

That Guy 12-27-2011 11:38 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;870624]The "farce bowl" has been and is a farce, perfect example; Darrell Green went to the pro bowl 4 times while Deion Sanders went 8 times. Darrell was just as good or better than Deion, played in the league for 20 years and probably could still play.[/quote]

he was a #3 when he left years ago. doubt he'd do much now.

SFREDSKIN 12-27-2011 11:44 PM

[quote=That Guy;870625]he was a #3 when he left years ago. doubt he'd do much now.[/quote]

Compared to what the team has.

skinsfaninok 12-27-2011 11:55 PM

just goes to show u this team has no face of the organization, IMO TW could have made it and so could Ryan Kerrigan but no love of course . Fletch always get robbed because he's on a bad team

skinsfaninok 12-27-2011 11:57 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;870614]I don't think anyone really cares about the Redskins. I think people find it hard to vote for players from a team that constantly blows. But somehow Philip Rivers made it and he's sucked for a good portion of the season.

This shit's just a popularity contest now. Forget who's putting up the respectable numbers.[/quote]

LOL Funny story I was at AT&T Today and I had my new Skins sweatshirt on and My Droid is all custom Skins and the guy asked me "Dude why the redskins"? LOL

johnwayne 12-28-2011 12:50 AM

@granthpaulsen London Fletcher made 71 more tckls than Brian Urlacher this season. Forced 3 more fumbles, had 2 more sacks. Yet Urlacher is the pro bowler?

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2011 12:55 AM

London Fletcher
@LFletcher59

Don't know if I should be upset or laugh. Obviously it doesn't matter what u do on the field! #probowl

REDSKINS4ever 12-28-2011 01:09 AM

If the Redskins would have had at least seven or eight wins heading into the final week of the season, at least three or four players would have been voted to make the pro bowl. Namely London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo, and Lorenzo Alexander.

DynamiteRave 12-28-2011 04:10 AM

[QUOTE=REDSKINS4ever;870638]If the Redskins would have had at least seven or eight wins heading into the final week of the season, at least three or four players would have been voted to make the pro bowl. Namely London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo, and Lorenzo Alexander.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. If the Skins had a winning record or was even a team on the rise/a legitamite threat type of team, players would get more recognition. But being in the cellar and being laughed out most weeks, I don't think people give our players a real hard look regardless of how truly gifted they are. Plus this damn, let the people vote players in is so damn faulty. You'd think by now the nflpa or coaches would have some sort of voting weight to keep this from being a popularity contest.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

diehard 12-28-2011 05:42 AM

Yeah, sub Fletcher for Urlacher.

skinsguy 12-28-2011 08:42 AM

I don't even know why they still have the Pro Bowl other than it being a money source.

skinsfaninok 12-28-2011 10:37 AM

How did Fred Jackson not make it? Or George Wilson the bills got.robbed too I see

CultBrennan59 12-28-2011 10:53 AM

How did Urlacher make it over Fletch...Oh well. Pro Bowl doesn't mean anything, I still remember one year where Roy Williams got benched and burned a lot in coverage, and still made it...

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2011 11:01 AM

Maybe they left Fletcher out cause they are afraid he would hit someone like Sean Taylor, you know those Redskins.

mredskins 12-28-2011 11:14 AM

I beleive it was discussed at length last year but the Pro Bowl needs to go away it is a joke. I never watch it and I am a football junkie.

I think they should just come up with a All-Pro team with 1st 2nd and maybe 3rd string. Have the coaches and players vote and be done with it. Only thing dumber then the fans voting for the players is actually playing this game. The sport doesn't lend itself well to a all star type game.

SmootSmack 12-28-2011 11:18 AM

Alexander and Fletcher have been named alternates. 1st for Fletch, 2nd for Alexander I believe (haven't confirmed that though)

skinsfan57 12-28-2011 11:41 AM

the washington post said no redskin players were named,period.London Fletcher should be in it!:argue:

SmootSmack 12-28-2011 11:42 AM

[quote=skinsfan57;870701]the washington post said no redskin players were named,period.London Fletcher should be in it!:argue:[/quote]

None were voted in as starters