Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Positives and hope from a lost season (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46000)

SFREDSKIN 01-01-2012 11:17 PM

Positives and hope from a lost season

So the Redskins ended up on a bad note and another bad record. The good news is that the team is on the right path and could be next years version of the 49ers.

The positives and i will only focus on them:

Young, Helu and Royster
Paul, Hankerson (even though he got hurt he showed promised like our young backs)
Kerrigan, Jenkins, Riley
Depth in the OL (Smith, Hurt, Polumbus)

The needs via FA and draft for the turn around:

QB, CB, C, LB, T, S, WR

I seriously believe this team can be in the playoffs next year just like Kyle told his troops today:

[url=http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/video?PID=1iMLTB-7w6mBVbichgWXvIA8W1mKiw8STnYXV6m]CSN Washington[/url]

GTripp0012 01-01-2012 11:21 PM

Re: Positives and hope from a lost season

The running back position on the roster is vastly improved over last season. Only wish that we had been able to get production from that position that reflected that improvement.

The biggest positive from this season is that we turned LB into an organizational strength. It looked pretty good coming into the season. Now it looks like a cornerstone of a 3-4 defense.

skinsfaninok 01-01-2012 11:30 PM

Our Front 7 is pretty good, team had a bunch of sacks this season and we have 2 really good YOUNG Pass rushers..

OLINE - Pretty good job and TW is a top 10 LT.

RB's- Rookies balled last few weeks good sign

SFREDSKIN 01-01-2012 11:33 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;871986]Our Front 7 is pretty good, team had a bunch of sacks this season and we have 2 really good YOUNG Pass rushers..

OLINE - Pretty good job and TW is a top 10 LT.

RB's- Rookies balled last few weeks good sign[/quote]

What I like best is that the make shift line w/ 3 non starters allowed the RB's 5 straight games with 100 yards rushing. That's saying a lot about our OL depth.

Lotus 01-01-2012 11:33 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;871966]So the Redskins ended up on a bad note and another bad record. The good news is that the team is on the right path and could be next years version of the 49ers.

The positives and i will only focus on them:

Young, Helu and Royster
Paul, Hankerson (even though he got hurt he showed promised like our young backs)
Kerrigan, Jenkins, Riley
Depth in the OL (Smith, Hurt, Polumbus)

The needs via FA and draft for the turn around:

QB, CB, C, LB, T, S, WR

I seriously believe this team can be in the playoffs next year just like Kyle told his troops today:

[url=http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/video?PID=1iMLTB-7w6mBVbichgWXvIA8W1mKiw8STnYXV6m]CSN Washington[/url][/quote]

The optimist in me looks at us like the Niners or Lions of last year - a nucleus which loses while it gels but then breaks out the next year. I think we have more pieces than many people think.

A quality QB will change everything.

diehardskin2982 01-02-2012 12:00 AM

There are some good positives for this team:
1. RB position is set with Helu, Royster, and a re-signing Hightower
2. Depth on Offensive line. If we can draft a quality left gaurd we will be in good shape.
3. Kyle towards the end of season has got this offense looking like it belongs in the NFL.
4. Defense from 31 to 13 bookend OLB's will get better and better. I like that after 3 years Orakpo finnaly learned how to tackle Vick.
5. Special teams coverage unit number 1
6. With all the picks we gathered for this year I am confident we will be able to move up to draft the Qb we want.
7. Hankerson (if he can come back from the hip injury)

skinsfanthru&thru 01-02-2012 12:57 AM

Anyone know where I can find what our current draft picks are? Also what type of compensatory pick the team might receive for losing Rogers to free agency if any?

IrMitchell 01-02-2012 01:18 AM

Too bad this is the worst year to have the 6th pick in the draft ever.

We obviously won't draft Trent Richardson, no quarterback is worth being taken in the vicinity of 6 who will be available, taking a tackle would be beyond redundant and we don't need help in the front 7. Looks like we're taking a corner and hoping somehow we strike magic (unlikely) in the later rounds for a QB.

skinster 01-02-2012 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=IrMitchell;872058]Too bad this is the worst year to have the 6th pick in the draft ever.

We obviously won't draft Trent Richardson, no quarterback is worth being taken in the vicinity of 6 who will be available, taking a tackle would be beyond redundant and we don't need help in the front 7. Looks like we're taking a corner and hoping somehow we strike magic (unlikely) in the later rounds for a QB.]

We really just have too many needs to not be able to find good value at the 6 pick. And even if you are right about not finding good value...we have the possibility of trading down.

That Guy 01-02-2012 02:12 AM

[quote=skinsfanthru&thru;872055]Anyone know where I can find what our current draft picks are? Also what type of compensatory pick the team might receive for losing Rogers to free agency if any?[/quote]

skins probably aren't getting any comp picks. we picked up bowen, cofield, wilson, otagwe etc in FA, all with sizeable deals

JWsleep 01-02-2012 02:25 AM

Fred Davis emerged--let's hope he can stay off the herb.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-02-2012 06:26 PM

[quote=That Guy;872064]skins probably aren't getting any comp picks. we picked up bowen, cofield, wilson, otagwe etc in FA, all with sizeable deals[/quote]

I didn't think about that, thanks.

CultBrennan59 01-02-2012 06:28 PM

Our draft class produced and has lots of potential. we have good LB's, and TE's. And we definitely have a solid number 2 WR.

The Goat 01-02-2012 07:19 PM

We swept the Giants.

The Goat 01-02-2012 07:20 PM

...hate the Giants. Eli Manning looks like the whiniest player in the league. I think his mom makes him mac and cheese w/ franks after his "big game" every week.