Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Leonard Hankerson is the real deal - he will have a hell of a year. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46066)

polywog 01-05-2012 09:02 AM

Leonard Hankerson is the real deal - he will have a hell of a year.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I know, we all (no, not all of us.....[I]some[/I] of us) busted a rib, laughing at 'The Stank' or "Stankerson" or whatever else we called him early on - including the Op (that would be me). :doh:

I dug up film of the guy though, and I cannot believe that he didn't go in the first round.

Watch the vids on this guy - he's not quite 6'2" but he plays bigger. He bulls over cb's and safeties.....fights for the ball....uses his body to shield the defender - strong, aggressive player.

Here's Hankerson (notice I'm not calling him some stupid, made-up name.....I eventually learn) at the U of Miami -

[YT]mSvCvF8seZc[/YT]

Interesting, when you look at his progress from the early days - not much separation till he learned how to properly run routes.

Check out his [B]sick[/B] one handed nabs in this vid - [I]un-freakin-believable![/I] :woot:

[YT]WOotNbKUeuM&feature[/YT]

I was wrong about the guy on a lot of levels and happy stuff my face with a huge, heaping, helping of "crow à la King" or maybe "crow-helper" - depending on if it's before payday.

Here is why he'll bust lose....

1) He has the size, the speed and the talent.

2) He will have a better QB. :benched:

3) His only real action, he proved he could play - 8 catches for 104 yards.:food-smil

4) He damn well better or this thread will be bumped to poke fun at me, "the Shan-a-clan," and "tall redskin receiver man-crush guys, everywhere!!! :cheeky-sm

5) [SIZE="5"]THERE IS NO NUMBER FIVE. [/SIZE] :spank:

Discus.....
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/FONT]

CrustyRedskin 01-05-2012 09:06 AM

Re: Leonard Hankerson is the real deal - he will have a hell of a year.

Sweet Mary and Joseph!!!!!!lol...........And Smack locks this thread in 5 4 3 2..............

SmootSmack 01-05-2012 09:08 AM

Ummmm...ok then

polywog 01-05-2012 09:12 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;873247]Ummmm...ok then[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

Mike Shanahan -

[quote]"I think he's got a chance to be the guy. Health is what we don't know. He's got the hip. But we're hoping he's going to be that guy. You can see in practice where he's a natural. Big. The thing that separates guys at No. 1 is when they can beat bump coverage and they don't have to slow down to beat it. They're able to keep their speed and be able to get by somebody. He's got that."[/quote]

freddyg12 01-05-2012 09:27 AM

One of several young guys drafted by Shanny that should make an impact. He's one of Shanny's most important draft picks IMO, he really needs to pan out. He looked really good in that 8 catch game. High hopes for him in 12 & beyond!

SmootSmack 01-05-2012 09:30 AM

Interesting timing on this thread...and it's like you just woke up from a long coma and discovered Hankerson.

But anyway, yeah big things are expected of him

skinsfan69 01-05-2012 09:33 AM

Hankerson and Blackmon as our starting wr's next year!

SFREDSKIN 01-05-2012 09:33 AM

Yes and yes, that's why I'm not worried about the WR position. Add Paul and Robinson on their 2nd years and we got something.

polywog 01-05-2012 09:33 AM

[quote=freddyg12;873249]One of several young guys drafted by Shanny that should make an impact. He's one of Shanny's most important draft picks IMO, he really needs to pan out. He looked really good in that 8 catch game. High hopes for him in 12 & beyond![/quote]

Yea, he looked very good in practice, from what I've heard. I think his 100 yd game was indicative of his talents - as a rout runner, he is leaps and bounds beyond where DT ever was - even now.

polywog 01-05-2012 09:35 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;873265]Yes and yes, that's why I'm not worried about the WR position. Add Paul and Robinson on their 2nd years and we got something.[/quote]

One of these guys will emerge as a #1. Shanahan knows offensive talent - we've seen this with the running backs and now the OL.

mredskins 01-05-2012 09:37 AM

what was his season ending injury this year? I forgot. Was it his knee?

polywog 01-05-2012 09:38 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;873263]Interesting timing on this thread...and it's like you just woke up from a long coma and discovered Hankerson.

But anyway, yeah big things are expected of him[/quote]

(Streaches and reaches for the coffee pot.....)

It's hardly a slam dunk - In His first real action, Hankerson was injured. What does that say about his durability?

Alvin Walton 01-05-2012 09:38 AM

[quote=polywog;873267]One of these guys will emerge as a #1. Shanahan knows offensive talent - we've seen this with the running backs and now the OL.[/quote]

How about a QB?

polywog 01-05-2012 09:40 AM

[quote=mredskins;873268]what was his season ending injury this year? I forgot. Was it his knee?[/quote]

It was his hip, and from what I understand, that type of injury does not require surgery.

celts32 01-05-2012 09:40 AM

Haha...this thread is hilarious