Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46597)

skinsfaninok 02-10-2012 09:38 PM

Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Manning is a SURE bet HOF QB, that when healthy could lead us very very far.. RG3 is a unproven QB with amazing skills but again how many Rookie QB fail? I want to say RG3 but Honestly this is a win now league and I believe PM has 3 years left so I'm going w Manning

NC_Skins 02-10-2012 09:42 PM

[quote=mooby;884097]You

--------->

[/quote]

Somebody has to fight the evil Vinny Cerrato regime!! :cool-smil

mooby 02-10-2012 09:48 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;884099]Somebody has to fight the evil Vinny Cerrato regime!! :cool-smil[/quote]

I bet if Peyton went on the market during Cerrato's regime, health issues or not, he'd snap him up in a heartbeat. So theoretically wouldn't you be advocating the Cerrato regime?

NC_Skins 02-10-2012 09:51 PM

[quote=mooby;884103]I bet if Peyton went on the market during Cerrato's regime, health issues or not, he'd snap him up in a heartbeat. So theoretically wouldn't you be advocating the Cerrato regime?[/quote]

The difference is, Vinny always put all his eggs in one basket, I would not. (neither would Shanahan)

skinsfaninok 02-10-2012 09:51 PM

Honestly why can't we have both?

GTripp0012 02-10-2012 09:53 PM

The answer almost certain depends on the timing. I mean, in a world where both guys are viable solutions, you take Manning 100 out of 100 times, right? Am I missing something?

I don't know right now how viable Peyton Manning is as anyone's starting quarterback in 2012, so it would be foolish to hold out for his health if there is a way to acquire Robert Griffin tomorrow (although as far as I know, there isn't). And once you have Robert Griffin, the only point of getting Manning would be to do a one-night stand win the super bowl now kind of deal. And that requires a whole bunch of unexplained reasoning to unsolved problems.

In a vacuum with no qualifications, you'd take Peyton Manning and I'm not sure I see an alternative line of thinking. But in his current state, Manning isn't particularly useful. And Griffin could be a sensational player very soon.

GTripp0012 02-10-2012 09:54 PM

[quote=mooby;884103]I bet if Peyton went on the market during Cerrato's regime, health issues or not, he'd snap him up in a heartbeat. So theoretically wouldn't you be advocating the Cerrato regime?[/quote]Knockout blow.

warriorzpath 02-10-2012 09:54 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;884092]It's not as simple as asking to choose between RGIII and Peyton. The real question is which package would you rather have?

Which would you choose?

[B][U]Package A:[/U][/B]

1) RGIII

[B][U]Package B:[/U][/B]
1) Peyton Manning (while using 3rd rounder to draft Kirk Cousins)
2) Reily Reiff -OT (1st)
3) Alfonso Denard-CB (2nd)
4) Lucas Nix -OG (4th)

5) Manti Te'o - ILB (2013 1st)
6) Orhian Johnson -SS (2013 4th)

That's about what you'll have to pay to get RGIII. SO tell me, which would you chose? Put your mancrush down and think sensible. Knowing the holes we have, would you honestly give up all that for RGIII? If you whiff on that pick, you are screwed for many many years to come. You whiff on Cousins, and you pick up a QB later on and still have a solid team.

Package B all day....ERRR DAY.[/quote]

Somewhere Griffin is replying back: I'm the f*kin man- y'all don't get it do ya... for all of you Drake fans ....ERRR DAY....ERRR DAY.

But seriously though- I'm with you NC. I can take it one step further too- regardless of what the armchair qb experts may believe- there could be a chance that the shanahans may see Tannehill as their future franchise qb. And if they pick up Manning and draft Tannehill- you can have both of the short-term win now and the long-term franchise building solutions all in one offseason. I don't know about anyone else but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Tannehill turns out to be that guy and redskins have first dibs.

GMScud 02-10-2012 10:06 PM

Man, another QB thread? How many variations of scenarios do we need specific threads for?

warriorzpath 02-10-2012 10:09 PM

[quote=GMScud;884112]Man, another QB thread? How many variations of scenarios do we need specific threads for?[/quote]

... what else can we talk about?

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-10-2012 10:09 PM

37 Scud. Only..................37.

skinsfaninok 02-10-2012 10:09 PM

[quote=GMScud;884112]Man, another QB thread? How many variations of scenarios do we need specific threads for?[/quote]

It's the skins GM, all scenarios are always blown up..

mooby 02-10-2012 10:10 PM

Also this.

S/N: Does this mean I can't start a thread to discuss a scenario where we trade down, pick up 4 2nd round picks, and use them to draft Tannehill, Foles, Cousins, Weeden, and Osweiler, and thus create Lotus' Long Term Backup Barn 2.0?

SmootSmack 02-10-2012 10:14 PM

If he's healthy Peyton over trading up for RG3

skinsfaninok 02-10-2012 10:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;884117]If he's healthy Peyton over trading up for RG3[/quote]

Well there's one that agrees w me