Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Film Room: Free Agent WRs (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/46709-film-room-free-agent-wrs.html)

SmootSmack 02-22-2012 09:35 AM

Film Room: Free Agent WRs

Pretty good breakdown by Greg Cosell

[url=http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Film-Room-Free-Agent-WRs/121e6dda-2686-41bc-bac7-5ef5b9ad0350]Film Room: Free Agent WRs[/url]

skinsfaninok 02-22-2012 09:43 AM

Sweet

skinsfaninok 02-22-2012 11:04 AM

Re: Film Room: Free Agent WRs

D Bowe is the real deal

hail_2_da_skins 02-22-2012 11:21 AM

Excellent analysis. Anyone of those guys would be a great addition for the Skins. I particularly like Duane Bowe and Vincent Jackson.

KI Skins Fan 02-22-2012 11:23 AM

Nice video. I hope we get one of those players in FA.

Personal note: Years ago, I visited NFL Films on business and toured the facility. They had so many Emmy's that Emmy's were spread all over the place, almost randomly, in hallways, offices, and conference rooms. At the time I visited, in one conference room they were literally using a couple of Emmy's as paperweights!

Mattyk 02-22-2012 11:53 AM

Cosell does good work.

I'd like Bowe or VJ here.

celts32 02-22-2012 12:23 PM

I still think the big money WR is risky because they are often a product of the offense around them but Bowe does seem to be an exception to that rule. He gets his production with an average QB and in an average overall offense. Seems safe to project his current production from one team to another. that said...he is getting franchised so we have no shot at him.

skinsfaninok 02-22-2012 12:26 PM

Bowe has been pretty consistent no matter who the QB is so I think he's the real deal, I think the opposite with VJAX

GTripp0012 02-22-2012 02:15 PM

I think Vincent Jackson is the best free agent receiver, but he is also 1) older, and 2) going to get paid like the best. So there's not really great value there.

I think Bowe is very good, but he isn't Jackson good and I wouldn't give him a free agent contract because there's very little divide (phyiscally) between Bowe and some more average receivers, and while Bowe is clearly a step above right now, I would emphasize that he can lose that edge he has over the rest of the league with one misguided offseason. I would not line up to give him that multi-year contract, even if the film showed he could help our offense next year.

I would also pay Stevie Johnson before I paid DeSean Jackson.

Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are free agents, in case anyone is wondering.

GTripp0012 02-22-2012 02:17 PM

I think there's a chance a team may pour a ton of money into Marques Colston who may end up a free agent bust. Here's the thing: when you look at Wes Welker, your perception of him matches the player type he is. Well, in terms of the Saints offense, Colston is pretty much the same guy as Welker, but that wouldn't compute just by eyeballing him.

It's identical to the Brandon Marshall conundrum from years ago, although Marshall did have a career year this season for Miami.

los panda 02-22-2012 02:19 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;887800]Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are free agents, in case anyone is wondering.[/quote]problem solved

KI Skins Fan 02-22-2012 03:32 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;887800]I think Vincent Jackson is the best free agent receiver, but he is also 1) older, and 2) going to get paid like the best. So there's not really great value there.[/quote]

As for VJ, we have the need, the cap space, and the cash, so I think we should go after him.

Mattyk 02-22-2012 03:39 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;887801]I think there's a chance a team may pour a ton of money into [B]Marques Colston[/B] who may end up a free agent bust. Here's the thing: when you look at Wes Welker, your perception of him matches the player type he is. Well, in terms of the Saints offense, Colston is pretty much the same guy as Welker, but that wouldn't compute just by eyeballing him.

It's identical to the Brandon Marshall conundrum from years ago, although Marshall did have a career year this season for Miami.[/quote]

I was surprised to see in that video he plays in the slot as much as he does.

SmootSmack 02-22-2012 03:39 PM

Big Vincent Jackson fan, but his off the field suspensions are troubling. And not what we need

Mattyk 02-22-2012 03:40 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;887833]Big Vincent Jackson fan, but his off the field suspensions are troubling. And not what we need[/quote]

Yeah, going from San Diego to D.C. might not be a good move for him, off the field.