Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46757)

CultBrennan59 02-26-2012 01:32 PM

Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Just want to let you all know (for those that 'heard' we're really the only team willing to trade up for RG3) Rg3 said that he's already spoken with us, Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa (?), Miami, Buffalo, San Fran, Jacksonville (?), Kansas City, Philly, to name a few...Sure everyone interviews a lot of people, but damn..thats a lot.

diehardskin2982 02-26-2012 01:40 PM

Im ok with that trade... If we get a quality WR in Free Agency like VJax or Colston. As well as a quality Vetran lineman and a corner.

Redskins with Cap room= Dangerous Danny

sdskinsfan2001 02-26-2012 02:00 PM

The 3 QB scenarios I'd be happy with/upset if they did not happen.

1. Trade up and draft RGIII
2. Stay at #6 and draft Tannehill, it is a reach but sometimes you just have to say eff it we're pulling the trigger. We need a qb.
3. Trade back late into the 1st round and draft Kirk Cousins (or if they think he'll be available at #39 pick him there.)

skinsfaninok 02-26-2012 02:23 PM

Could we actually make the trade now?

GTripp0012 02-26-2012 02:25 PM

[quote=celts32;889079]Okay so you have it all figured out that the Redskins are the only serious bidder right now. Good to know...I guess there's nothing else to say.[/quote]It's speculation right now that even the Redskins are involved, but per the premise of the rumors, we kind of have to assume that the Redskins are out there alone.

Maybe the Rams have exactly zero serious offers right now for the second pick. Actually, this is even likely right now. Eskin only reported what the Redskins are [I]willing[/I] to do, not what the Rams are going to get.

Lotus 02-26-2012 02:27 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;889098]Could we actually make the trade now?[/quote]

Handshake agreement only right now.

celts32 02-26-2012 02:38 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;889101]It's speculation right now that even the Redskins are involved, but per the premise of the rumors, we kind of have to assume that the Redskins are out there alone.

Maybe the Rams have exactly zero serious offers right now for the second pick. Actually, this is even likely right now. Eskin only reported what the Redskins are [I]willing[/I] to do, not what the Rams are going to get.[/quote]

I have read other rumors that the Dolphins, Seahawks and Browns have talked to the Rams also. At this point it's all rumors but it sounded like you are stating as fact or at least that you have inside info that says that the skins are out there alone making outlandish trade offers.

Defensewins 02-26-2012 03:05 PM

Free Agency will start soon and that is why there is all of this negotiating and price checking on draft trade scenarios. Teams have to decide what needs they will fill through FA and what they will try and fill in the Draft. With the potential of a good FA QB class, and only two great ones in the draft, teams like the Redskins really want to weigh all options before jumping to far into FA.
I would not believe any rumor, handshake or not. The teams that are interested in Luck and RGIII are all talking to Colts and Rams testing the waters of it would cost to move up. That is all.
I would not be surprised if Rams and Redskins have talk through a trade scenario or two or three and even might come to agreement on terms. That does not mean it will happen. While it is exciting to have twitter and hear the Redskins name in the thick of it. The Colts and Rams will most likely wait until seconds before the time deadline to place the pick in the draft, in order to maximize the value of any trade. The hope for the Rams is a Qb desperate team like us will offer more than market value. It will be a waiting game.
At least our FO is doing their job and getting all of the information they need to choose a FA plan. FA is first.

skinsfaninok 02-26-2012 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Lotus;889102]Handshake agreement only right now.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking

NC_Skins 02-26-2012 03:28 PM

[IMG]http://p.twimg.com/AmlgwBACEAE1AcX.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like our QB coach is getting a head start.

redskins5044 02-26-2012 03:30 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;889117][IMG]http://p.twimg.com/AmlgwBACEAE1AcX.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like our QB coach is getting a head start.[/quote]

RG3 scratching his head and thinking god I hope I don't go to Washington.

mbedner3420 02-26-2012 03:34 PM

[quote=redskins5044;889118]RG3 scratching his head and thinking god I hope I don't go to Washington.[/quote]

To me it looks like he is scratching his head and saying, 'whelp... It could be worse, I could get drafted by the browns.'

redskins5044 02-26-2012 03:35 PM

[quote=mbedner3420;889120]To me it looks like he is scratching his head and saying, 'whelp... It could be worse, I could get drafted by the browns.'[/quote]

He wants to take his talents to south beach.

NYCskinfan82 02-26-2012 03:59 PM

[quote=mbedner3420;889120]To me it looks like he is scratching his head and saying, 'whelp... It could be worse, I could get drafted by the browns.'[/quote]

No he's scratching his head saying I knew I should of used HEAD & SHOULDERS damm that selsun blue.

Chico23231 02-26-2012 04:29 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;889068]The other thing a potential trade from 6 to 2 would represent is that the Redskins think Ryan Tannehill isn't an NFL quarterback.

So like the Eli Manning trade, if the Redskins get RG3 and become relevant again and he's everything you ask for, but Tannehill also goes on to become a top 10 QB in the NFL, then that's effectively losing the trade. Because even offering that much for RG3 isn't just an evaluation on Griffin, but Tannehill as well.[/quote]

well yeah, I think thats why they do the deal. They dont believe Tannehill is a ready to be a starter in the league. They look at RG3 and say he is ready. The quarterback comparison, talent vs value/draft position was the absolute first question they answered. Of course its a statement on Tannehill. If he was of equal talent and NFL ready, they would take him at 6.