Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46832)

#56fanatic 03-02-2012 03:50 PM

re: New Orleans Saints/Washington Redskins: Bounty Hunters

I do like Greg Williams and think he is a very good defensive cord. If Joe Gibbs had not been the coach when NE was running up the score in Joe's second time, Greg would have put a bounty on Brady's ass for throwing bombs late in the 4th quarter when they were up 30+ points.

Player_HTTR 03-02-2012 03:50 PM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;891196]Maybe this is one of the reasons GW left NO, he knew fines where coming, you know Pete Carroll did it USC to Seattle.[/quote]

He's still in the NFL though and won't dodge any disciplinary actions I would think.

#56fanatic 03-02-2012 03:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;891197]And Kurt Warner in 2010 I think, right?[/quote]

But wasn't the beating Farve took legal. I mean they just beat the hell out of the Oline that night and hit him about everytime he dropped back. I dont recall the warner beating

NYCskinfan82 03-02-2012 03:52 PM

[quote=#56fanatic;891199]I do like Greg Williams and think he is a very good defensive cord. If Joe Gibbs had not been the coach when NE was running up the score in Joe's second time,[B] Greg would have put a bounty on Brady's ass for throwing bombs late in the 4th quarter when they were up 30+ points[/B].[/quote]

I would of put some money in that pot for that bounty.

SmootSmack 03-02-2012 03:57 PM

Buddy Ryan was accused multiple times of placing bounties when he was coaching, and of course Gregg Williams is a Buddy disciple

A) We're lucky Goodell wasn't commissioner when he was the DC for the Redskins and B)What makes this especially bad is coaches and the GM were involved heavily in this (it wasn't just players only) and they were warned a year ago by the league and team owner Tom Benson to stop...and didn't

SmootSmack 03-02-2012 03:57 PM

I've talked to a couple of people who say they expect the Saints to lose multiple draft picks this year and their 2013 1st round pick

MTK 03-02-2012 03:59 PM

[quote=#56fanatic;891201]But wasn't the beating Farve took legal. I mean they just beat the hell out of the Oline that night and hit him about everytime he dropped back. I dont recall the warner beating[/quote]

Legal I guess, but he took some pretty questionable shots if I recall

diehardskin2982 03-02-2012 03:59 PM

Imagine the extra cash ST21 made... he was a headhunter

The Goat 03-02-2012 04:02 PM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;891202]I would of put some money in that pot for that bounty.[/quote]

Me too. That was a disgraceful game in many respects...

Player_HTTR 03-02-2012 04:02 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;891211]Imagine the extra cash ST21 made... he was a headhunter[/quote]

There's a difference between hard-hitter and headhunter.

The Goat 03-02-2012 04:03 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;891207]I've talked to a couple of people who say they expect the Saints to lose multiple draft picks this year and their 2013 1st round pick[/quote]

I think that's far too punitive. But whatever...maybe it will give the Saints added motivation toward another ring.

CrustyRedskin 03-02-2012 04:06 PM

Old school tactic, been around forever, i kinda like it. Itl get a lot of exposure and the penalties forthcoming.

CultBrennan59 03-02-2012 04:06 PM

Wow.

Then again this isn't surprising, because I remember Gregg Williams saying that he wants his players to give peyton manning 'remember me shots' in the super bowl.

skinsfaninok 03-02-2012 04:07 PM

Can u say back to the Aints?

Ruhskins 03-02-2012 04:09 PM

[quote=The Goat;891215]I think that's far too punitive. But whatever...maybe it will give the Saints added motivation toward another ring.[/quote]

Given the NFL talk about player safety, I believe they need to practice what they preach. Although, I still don't agree with people that compare this to the Patriots situation. I think this is stupid and terrible of the Saints, but not quite the same.