Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Peyton Manning Chooses the Broncos (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/47083-peyton-manning-chooses-the-broncos.html)

12thMan 03-19-2012 12:08 PM

Re: Peyton Manning Chooses the Broncos

Damn, Manning sure did **** the 49ers without vasoline.

GMScud 03-19-2012 12:08 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;901045]I guess the understanding before all this was Tebow would no longer be a Bronco if Manning signed with them. Even as a backup.

Simply because it would just be too much of a distraction to have both Manning and Tebow.

I mean maybe he goes to San Francisco :) Josh McDaniels I'm sure would love him in New England, but they'd have to move Hoyer (or Mallett) first

If I'm Tebow and the Broncos just flat out cut me I wonder where I'd want to play though[/quote]

Seems to me the best move for San Fran now is to bring Alex Smith back asap. There isn't a better option for them out there, and from a continuity standpoint it makes sense. Unless they feel ready to move on to Colin Kaepernick.

mbedner3420 03-19-2012 12:08 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;901045]I guess the understanding before all this was Tebow would no longer be a Bronco if Manning signed with them. Even as a backup.

Simply because it would just be too much of a distraction to have both Manning and Tebow.

I mean maybe he goes to San Francisco :) Josh McDaniels I'm sure would love him in New England, but they'd have to move Hoyer (or Mallett) first

If I'm Tebow and the Broncos just flat out cut me I wonder where I'd want to play though[/quote]

Did Shanny actually like Tim Tebow in 2010 or was that all bluster? I remember a few interviews with Shanahan giving Tebow gushing reviews.

I don't think he'll come here in a million years, I'm just wondering if Shanny had legitimate interest.

T.O.Killa 03-19-2012 12:08 PM

Its shocking that he went to the team that could pay him the most.

SirClintonPortis 03-19-2012 12:10 PM

[quote=12thMan;901048]Damn, Manning sure did **** the 49ers without vasoline.[/quote]

He was doing it for Eeeeeeeeeeeeeli. :laughing-

Chico23231 03-19-2012 12:10 PM

[quote=12thMan;901048]Damn, Manning sure did **** the 49ers without vasoline.[/quote]

please dear jesus let Alex Smith sign with the Dolphins. Love to hear Harbaugh spin this if he lost both.

SmootSmack 03-19-2012 12:10 PM

How about Tampa for Tebow? I mean I know they just signed Orlovsky but still...

Seriously though, of course Freeman would be the starter but if Tebow is willing to be the backup/gimmick QB for a bit until the right opportunity comes along, Tampa could work.

With Quinn and likely Tebow gone, suddenly Adam Webber is the backup and the Broncos need to make some QB additions (perhaps Clausen reunites with Fox?), I could see them taking Foles or Cousins in the draft

mbedner3420 03-19-2012 12:11 PM

Does this mean 49ers begin immediate negotiations with Alex Smith?

mbedner3420 03-19-2012 12:12 PM

How is the Bronco's Oline?

SirClintonPortis 03-19-2012 12:12 PM

[quote=Chico23231;901055]please dear jesus let Alex Smith sign with the Dolphins. Love to hear Harbaugh spin this if he lost both.[/quote]

Yes, plus Miami deserves a QB of Smith's caliber. He fits in with everything else in that organization: dull and makes you wanna barf midgame.

Monkeydad 03-19-2012 12:15 PM

Miami should pursue Tebow if they don't get Smith. They've made the Wildcat work before, plus, they have nothing else to offer the fans. Might as well make the losing fun to watch.

jdlea 03-19-2012 12:16 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;901056]How about Tampa for Tebow? I mean I know they just signed Orlovsky but still...

Seriously though, of course Freeman would be the starter but if Tebow is willing to be the backup/gimmick QB for a bit until the right opportunity comes along, Tampa could work.

With Quinn and likely Tebow gone, suddenly Adam Webber is the backup and the Broncos need to make some QB additions (perhaps Clausen reunites with Fox?), I could see them taking Foles or Cousins in the draft[/quote]

I personally can't see that happening. Not after the little production of giving Vincent Jackson $55,555,555 (or Ocho Cincos as I've seen it jokingly called) as a "gift" to Josh Freeman. While I don't necessarily think it would be a bad fit, I can't see Tampa unsettling Freeman after a down year if they're actually committed to him

SmootSmack 03-19-2012 12:17 PM

Wonder what the details of the contract will be. Mort is saying they've been talking about a 5 year/$95 million deal for a couple of weeks

I know that that's more then what the Redskins had been reportedly contemplating. I don't know if the $95 million includes the expected 25-30 million signing bonus

REDSKINS4ever 03-19-2012 12:18 PM

Good. Manning finally selected a team. Now, we don't have to discuss this any further. The question now becomes, which NFL team will Tim Tebow be traded to?

FRPLG 03-19-2012 12:20 PM

In retrospect Manning did Shanny a solid on this. Him getting out of the Skins biz so early let us make a move to get a qb. Look at all the teams scrambling for QB scraps now.