Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Was McNabb misused in Minnesota also? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47218)

skinster 03-29-2012 12:25 PM

Was McNabb misused in Minnesota also?

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/mcnabb-says-robert-griffin-iii-doesnt-fit-with-shanahans-offense/]McNabb says Robert Griffin III doesn’t fit with Shanahans’ offense | ProFootballTalk[/url]

Alvin Walton 03-29-2012 12:30 PM

re: Was McNabb misused in Minnesota also?

What a bitter little twerp.
Pretty ironic that he uses the word ego.

mooby 03-29-2012 12:30 PM

[quote=skinster;905154][URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/mcnabb-says-robert-griffin-iii-doesnt-fit-with-shanahans-offense/"]McNabb says Robert Griffin III doesn’t fit with Shanahans’ offense | ProFootballTalk[/URL][/quote]

He was. Instead of playing quarterback he should've been serving Campbell's in the team dining room.

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-29-2012 12:33 PM

Minnesota is spelled wrong.

CrustyRedskin 03-29-2012 12:34 PM

Shanahan should have put Mcnabb at guard.

Dirtbag59 03-29-2012 12:37 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;905160]Minnesota is spelled wrong.[/quote]

Add it to the list.

NC_Skins 03-29-2012 12:39 PM

Re: Was McNabb misused in Minnisota also?

Paging Ruhskins.

New word for your list bro.

I posted the tweets in the other thread, but I particularly liked Graziano tearing his ass up.
---------------------------------------------------------
[B]
Dan Graziano ‏ @espn_nfceast

I have some thoughts on this McNabb stuff and will write them, but the central one is about glass houses and stones[/B]

Man lost his job to Rex Grossman, for goodness' sake. Rex Grossman.

[B]Dan Graziano ‏ @espn_nfceast

@ChrisLewis5 I don't understand "tailor offense to his abilities." That mean bring in 9-foot WRs he can't overthrow?[/B]

:lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------

@ChrisLewis5 Don't forget, Reid traded McNabb to a division rival. No way he'd have done that if he didn't think something was wrong.

MTK 03-29-2012 12:44 PM

Re: Was McNabb misused in Minnesota also?

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/37616/both-sides-of-the-donovan-mcnabb-story]Both sides of the Donovan McNabb story - NFC East Blog - ESPN[/url]

freddyg12 03-29-2012 12:48 PM

Minnesota really helped Shanny's image, as did NE by taking Fat Al. In both cases, Shanahan showed that he still has good judgement in evaluating personel for his teams. He might fail (as all do) w/draft picks & FAs, but once they're playing for him, he certainly knows when someone needs to go.

mredskins 03-29-2012 12:57 PM

[quote=freddyg12;905169]Minnesota really helped Shanny's image, as did NE by taking Fat Al. In both cases, Shanahan showed that he still has good judgement in evaluating personel for his teams. He might fail (as all do) w/draft picks & FAs, but once they're playing for him, he certainly knows when someone needs to go.[/quote]

This exactly. the AH problem MS inherited, DM was a mistake he made and instead of keeping him in he got rid of his mistake.

DM went from super star to zero in a matter of seconds. Quite sad actually, quite sad.

Only thing sadder would be a person who keeps a log of misspelling s on a football blog, now that is rock bottom sad.

NC_Skins 03-29-2012 01:12 PM

Hope this puts a end to all that bullshit talk about McNabb being a "class act".

He's not. Never has been. Which is why the locker room was always split over him.

BleedBurgundy 03-29-2012 01:16 PM

seriously, F mcnabb. What a passive aggressive snake in the grass shithead.

Chico23231 03-29-2012 01:17 PM

I think McCrap has a little misdirected hostilities. Needs to talk about how the Eagles tossed him to a divisional rival and how they were comfortable with doing that.

Darrell_Green_28 03-29-2012 01:24 PM

How would McPuke know, Seeing he doesnt know the plays cuz he wont wear a wristband.

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-29-2012 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=mredskins;905171]This exactly. the AH problem MS inherited, DM was a mistake he made and instead of keeping him in he got rid of his mistake.

DM went from super star to zero in a matter of seconds. Quite sad actually, quite sad.

Only thing sadder would be a person who keeps a log of misspelling s on a football blog, now that is rock bottom sad.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Good thing this isn't a blog.

Ruhskins 03-29-2012 01:50 PM

I am going to need to retire some words pretty soon, my list is growing.

Dirtbag59 03-29-2012 01:54 PM

Personally I look at McNabb's comments the same way I look at Mara's in that I encourage them to keep them coming. Neither has yet to say anything reasonable to prove their point and in the end they end up looking foolish.

Of course if I was advising McNabb and/or Mara I would be telling them to keep their mouth shut but as a Skins fan I welcome more and more of these sound bytes.

skinsfaninok 03-29-2012 01:56 PM

Of course he'd say this

Monksdown 03-29-2012 01:58 PM

mcnabb sucks. of course he was misused in Minnesota. his skill level had been reduced to that of a radio show host. something he might have been good at.

mredskins 03-29-2012 02:01 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;905192]I agree. Good thing this isn't a blog.[/quote]
or a instant message forum.

skinsfaninok 03-29-2012 02:02 PM

Mcnabb is just like his boy Mike wilbon, they hate the skins no matter what they do. Yesterday on PTI Mike yet again ripped the skins and said RGIII will fail in was

FRPLG 03-29-2012 02:09 PM

What ev...moving on.

skinsfan69 03-29-2012 02:09 PM

who cares?

Monksdown 03-29-2012 02:10 PM

<< thread closed >>

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-29-2012 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=mredskins;905211]or a instant message forum.[/QUOTE]

You're two for two today.

NYCskinfan82 03-29-2012 02:22 PM

We shall prove alot of people wrong. F McNuts.

mlmpetert 03-29-2012 03:39 PM

[quote=Chico23231;905180]I think McCrap has a little misdirected hostilities. Needs to talk about how the [B]Eagles tossed him to a divisional rival and how they were comfortable with doing that[/B].[/quote]

This just made me think about something...

Did the eagles trade him to us because they knew it would hurt us. ie They knew McNabb was done, or old dog new trick, or big ego or something else?

Or

Did the eagles take a gamble because our offer was so much higher than every other interested team. ie Shanahan/Allen missed what everyone else saw?

skinster 03-29-2012 04:45 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;905271]This just made me think about something...

Did the eagles trade him to us because they knew it would hurt us. ie They knew McNabb was done, or old dog new trick, or big ego or something else?

Or

Did the eagles take a gamble because our offer was so much higher than every other interested team. ie Shanahan/Allen missed what everyone else saw?[/quote]

Andy Reid had to have seen that McNabb wasn't what he used to be. How bad he knew he was is up to debate, but there is no way he would trade McNabb to the skins when equal offers were given if he thought that McNabb would be able to do serious damage. Since 2005 (the year eli Manning became a starter), McNabb's average TD/year was a little over 19 for the 5 remaining years he was an eagle. McNabb in that time period McNabb's highest TD mark was 23. In those 5 years Eli only had one year lower than that in 2008 when he had 21. You have to remember, for a long time people said Manning was terrible. He didn't even make this pre-seasons top 10 QBs on almost any show I watched. It's even worse once you take into account that the Eagles were a pass first team.

McNabb also was getting up there in years, and had many injuries over his career.

Age/injuries/lack of performance in a pass friendly offense.....don't know why he was still highly regarded. Coaches get too wrapped up in wins when it comes to QBs.

SkinItup 03-29-2012 05:11 PM

Certainly lost some respect from me with those remarks.

Gtothearry 03-29-2012 05:14 PM

I value Jerry Rices' opinion much more over a bitter QB.........

mlmpetert 03-29-2012 05:30 PM

[quote=skinster;905305]Andy Reid had to have seen that McNabb wasn't what he used to be. How bad he knew he was is up to debate, but there is no way he would trade McNabb to the skins when equal offers were given if he thought that McNabb would be able to do serious damage. Since 2005 (the year eli Manning became a starter), McNabb's average TD/year was a little over 19 for the 5 remaining years he was an eagle. McNabb in that time period McNabb's highest TD mark was 23. In those 5 years Eli only had one year lower than that in 2008 when he had 21. You have to remember, for a long time people said Manning was terrible. He didn't even make this pre-seasons top 10 QBs on almost any show I watched. It's even worse once you take into account that the Eagles were a pass first team.

McNabb also was getting up there in years, and had many injuries over his career.

Age/injuries/lack of performance in a pass friendly offense.....don't know why he was still highly regarded. Coaches get too wrapped up in wins when it comes to QBs.[/quote]

Yeah i rememeber the big issue most of us had was the fact the McNabb hadnt made it a full season but X amount of times in the the last X years, and his age. I dont think anyone could have predicted it would have worked out as bad as it did.... except maybe the eagles.

I wonder how much we bid over other teams. If it was a little bit, it could suggest the eagles knew mcnabb would cause big problems for us. If it was a lot it could suggest Shanahan and Allen got it wrong, and everyone else got it right.

GhettoDogAllStars 03-29-2012 06:18 PM

1.) McNabb was never very good. Reid deserves credit for being successful with him.

2.) Just because McNabb can't fit into a different scheme, neither can RG3? That's a dis towards RG3, not Shanahan.

Monksdown 03-29-2012 06:22 PM

How was he misused the first time? It's not Shanaclan's fault the guy was a self important inflexable system quarterback. His one intangable was evasiveness. When he lost that, AND he was put in a different system with other players trying to learn their jobs in the new system, what did anyone expect?

CultBrennan59 03-29-2012 08:03 PM

Donovan McNabb is a great Quarterback. Great great Quarterback...

...[IMG]http://i.qkme.me/35ai3n.jpg[/IMG]

NC_Skins 03-29-2012 09:13 PM

[IMG]http://hennessysview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Rush-Limbaugh_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Dirtbag59 03-29-2012 11:53 PM

[YT]2VDS-Iw6yh4[/YT][YT]MK6TXMsvgQg[/YT]
Play at same time

Faux John Madden ‏ @FauxJohnMadden Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Donovan McNabb feels that Robert Griffin III will come up short in Mike Shanahan's offense, similar to McNabb's passes.

GusFrerotte 03-30-2012 12:10 AM

God damn, this is sort of funny, most of the guys in here loved getting McNabb, now they hate him. Yeah, not saying Donovan was any good, but when we got him a good 80-85% of the guys in here liked the move without asking the same question. Why did Philly jettison his ass to a divisional rival? Or they just were so elated we got a Pro Bowl QB that they just swept it under the rug. McNabb might have touched on a good topic for discussion though. Will the Shannys try to tinker with their system to help RG III flourish or just see if he can make it in their system doing it their way? I think they need to adjust it for him. The franchise paid a steep price in terms of draft picks for this to become another failed project.

GTripp0012 03-30-2012 12:31 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;905271]This just made me think about something...

Or

[B]Did the eagles take a gamble because our offer was so much higher than every other interested team. ie Shanahan/Allen missed what everyone else saw?[/B][/quote]It was that one. And I think that's a really good way of stating it. The Eagles took a big risk putting McNabb in the division, and giving him to a coach with the reputation of Mike Shanahan.

Philadelphia had serious offers on the table from Washington and Oakland, but McNabb didn't want to go to Oakland because (at the time) they were a circus.

Shadowbyte 03-30-2012 04:16 AM

I agree with McNabb 110%, even though what he said was in poor taste. They expected him to make the playoffs with one of the weakest offensive rosters in Redskins history. But this horse is dead, McNabb needs to go away now.

Shadowbyte 03-30-2012 04:17 AM

How many playoff games have the Eagles won since McNabb was jettisoned from Philly?