Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rogain (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47347)

skinsfaninok 04-10-2012 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;907771]Just shave it and own who you are. Women like confidence. It's sexy. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol that helps

mooby 04-10-2012 09:32 AM

Re: Rogain

Right now I rock a fade with enough hair on top to not look like it's thinning itself out, but I see the makings of a bald spot starting on the back of my head. I figure I've got another 2-5 years left before it becomes noticeable enough that I'll just get rid of it all.

Lotus 04-10-2012 10:41 AM

[quote=los panda;907727]if i ever start losing hair, i'm going to embrace it w open arms. bald and fat is how i'd like to die[/quote]

I can say from experience that bald and fat is the way to go. Embrace it and be yourself.

724Skinsfan 04-10-2012 10:46 AM

My hair has been thinning ever since I was 18. Twenty years later I still have hair. Never worried about it.

firstdown 04-10-2012 11:24 AM

I'm 47 and my hair started falling out when I was around 30. My friends wife was a beauty supply rep that sold shampoo and conditioner that helped with hair loss. I can't remember the name of the stuff but she gave me all the samples I needed and I noticed less hair falling out. She left that job and quit using the stuff.

los panda 04-10-2012 11:30 AM

nobody mentioned propecia? look into propecia

skinsguy 04-10-2012 12:14 PM

I'm blessed with a full head of thick hair, but my issue has been the gray. I have been graying ever since my twenties, but it's gotten bad with my beard / goatee. Unless I do Just For Men, the hair on my chinny chin chin is almost completely white. No salt and pepper, just salt! As far as my hair on the head, I don't mind the gradual graying...my fiancee' thinks its sexy. But I cannot stand for my beard to be complete white on the chin while the mustache is still somewhat dark with some gray in it. I figured I'd keep coloring it by the time I hit 40, then I'll let it go and grow old gracefully.

htownskinfan 04-10-2012 12:37 PM

[quote=skinsguy;907813]I'm blessed with a full head of thick hair, but my issue has been the gray. I have been graying ever since my twenties, but it's gotten bad with my beard / goatee. Unless I do Just For Men, the hair on my chinny chin chin is almost completely white. No salt and pepper, just salt! As far as my hair on the head, I don't mind the gradual graying...my fiancee' thinks its sexy. But I cannot stand for my beard to be complete white on the chin while the mustache is still somewhat dark with some gray in it. I figured I'd keep coloring it by the time I hit 40, then I'll let it go and grow old gracefully.[/quote]

LOL,Sounds like were in the same boat.My coworkers give me hell about using the Just for men in my beard:)Especially sometimes if you leave it in too long and it turns a lot darker then your hair:doh:
Back to hair loss,some people look good bald,some dont.I dont think I would.If I lost my hair I would be a member of the hairclub

TheMalcolmConnection 04-10-2012 01:12 PM

[quote=los panda;907801]nobody mentioned propecia? look into propecia[/quote]

When I first noticed mine thinning years ago, I looked into this and there are some MAJOR sexual issues that can happen with this. They're rare, but basically if you're like any red-blooded man, the thought of not being able to enjoy sex is not worth the risk (albeit small).

mredskins 04-10-2012 01:12 PM

Funny about the gray is my co-worker who is 2 years younger then me has all his hair but is very salt and pepper. I don't have any gray but my hair is thinning out.

Our boss's boss always refers to hi mas one of the old guys and always groups me in with the young bunch at meetings. It is kind of funny. I guess the gray makes you look older then the thinning.

GMScud 04-10-2012 01:36 PM

[quote=Mattyk;907750]I went through the same thing in my early 30s. I just learned to accept it, now I just keep my hair buzzed down short.

If you can hold on for another 5 years or so, a real cure might be on the way

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17457098"]BBC News - Clue to male baldness discovered[/URL][/quote]

Yup. I do the exact same thing. I've embraced it. I hung on as long as I could (plus my wife wouldn't let me shave it before our wedding), but as soon as I got back from our honeymoon in June of 2010, off went the hair. I buzz it down with a zero guard on the clippers every other day.

I'm fortunate that I have a nicely shaped head- not lumpy or bumpy. I actually get compliments on my shaved head, so I'm cool with it. I guess I better be, because it's the look I'm gonna roll with the rest of my life.

Monkeydad 04-11-2012 10:10 AM

Lift weights and shave your head.

That's my plan for the day it happens to me.

Unless you have thousands of dollars to throw at it, it's a losing battle.

GMScud 04-11-2012 11:32 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;908099][B]Lift weights and shave your head.[/B]

That's my plan for the day it happens to me.

Unless you have thousands of dollars to throw at it, it's a losing battle.[/quote]

I do both all the time. lol.

DynamiteRave 04-11-2012 11:54 AM

Hey I started going gray at 21 or 22.

25 and I've got the makings of a skunk streak in the works. I'll be looking like the black Bonnie Raitt in no time.

firstdown 04-11-2012 11:57 AM

Just wait for Obama care this will get covered some day under his plan.