Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins 2012 Standings - Predictions (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47357)

Paintrain 04-10-2012 09:14 PM

Re: Redskins 2012 Standings - Predictions

5-5-6. Call it McNabb's revenge. The new overtime rules will be too confusing and we will refuse to kick any overtime field goals but our defense will be good enough to keep our opponents away from field goal range. We miss the playoffs, of course, by virtue of a tiebreaker.

That's what happens when you ask for predictions in April.

skinsfaninok 04-10-2012 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;908027]I dream of the year the Redskins win a Super Bowl. Hopefully it'll be before I die. :/ Are we getting close to being a playoff contender yet?[/QUOTE]

Damn your my age or around it so I hope it's before we die! Shit I want one in this decade

NC_Skins 04-10-2012 09:56 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;908027]Are we getting close to being a playoff contender yet?[/quote]

This team was a playoff contender last year. We simply didn't have enough depth to weather the injury storm though. It showed.

skinsfaninok 04-10-2012 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=NC_Skins;908036]This team was a playoff contender last year. We simply didn't have enough depth to weather the injury storm though. It showed.[/QUOTE]

Well we played a soft 4 games but we did sweep the giants!

GusFrerotte 04-10-2012 11:53 PM

I think we should almost ban these predicition threads. I mean they are fun as hell, but we really haven't a team formed yet, well the 2012 version anyway. I mean the Skins FO could pull a fast one on everyone and use the #2 on an OL or a WR and freak people out. I don't think that will be the case, but who knows. We also don't know if London is coming back at a lower pay rate, etc or do we draft a new MLB in the mid rounds to try and replace him? Just too many variables at this point, and not just with the Skins. What FA moves are to come for our intradivisional rivals? Who will they draft? Who will they lose to FA? Etc. Some of these questions have been answered with FA, but not all, and the draft is coming up, so more answers will be forthcoming soon, but right now trying to predict anything is pointless.

GusFrerotte 04-10-2012 11:56 PM

We still have depth issues and will for the next two years at least. We can be a contender if RGIII really pans out and any new O linemen pan out as well. We really need to draft some real winners at O line in the next two drafts. Our current batch of starters minus Trent, are not the greatest bunch.

REDSKINS4ever 04-11-2012 02:54 AM

[quote=iRepDMV;907845]:confused-[/quote]

The Redskins were a legitimate quarterback away from a winning season last year. The inconsistency at QB was the biggest reason why the team finished 5-11 last year. With an upgrade at quarterback to go along with the weapons on offense, and solid play from the defense, there's no reason to doubt the Redskins having a spectacular season.

iRepDMV 04-11-2012 08:53 AM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;908068]The Redskins were a legitimate quarterback away from a winning season last year. The inconsistency at QB was the biggest reason why the team finished 5-11 last year. With an upgrade at quarterback to go along with the weapons on offense, and solid play from the defense, there's no reason to doubt the Redskins having a spectacular season.[/quote]

You right but RG3 is still a rookie. We dont know for sure how he will pan out. Rookies always have their struggles. But who knows maybe he'll jump on the scene and have a hell of a rookie season. I wouldnt mind havin a 13-3 year tho haha

REDSKINS4ever 04-11-2012 12:00 PM

[quote=iRepDMV;908083]You right but RG3 is still a rookie. We dont know for sure how he will pan out. Rookies always have their struggles. But who knows maybe he'll jump on the scene and have a hell of a rookie season. I wouldnt mind havin a 13-3 year tho haha[/quote]

Ben Rothesburger was a rookie in 2004 and the Steelers went 15-1 that year. They had a great defense and a powerful running game in Big Ben's rookie campaign. As a Redskins fan, I'm expecting a ton from RG3. If he plays his game the way he's capable of playing I doubt if the Redskins will have a losing season. Maybe 8-8 at worst, but at best 13-3. Cam Newton went to the pro bowl last year and Carolina was in the top ten in offense in the NFL. But their defense was bad and finished finished 28th in the NFL and that contributed mostly to their losing season.

RG3 will have a lot of weight on his shoulders. They'll be a lot of high expectations of him in Washington. But the Redskins can be a winner if the quarterback play is above average to go along with an already very good defense.

mredskins 04-11-2012 01:09 PM

I say 7-9 with a lot of ups and downs.

I wonder if Rex or RG3/Luck is day one starter?

NC_Skins 04-11-2012 02:04 PM

[B][SIZE="3"]@Jarvis99jenkins

Officially was cleared earlier today to play ball again god is good now it's def time for football!! #HTTR[/SIZE][/B]

MTK 04-11-2012 02:06 PM

[quote=mredskins;908182]I say 7-9 with a lot of ups and downs.

I wonder if Rex or RG3/Luck is day one starter?[/quote]

Whoever we draft is QB1 from the word go.

Monkeydad 04-11-2012 02:06 PM

I'll let you know in August.

Giantone 04-11-2012 06:29 PM

The draft,
mini camps,OTA's
camp and preseason.....not a chance of a prediction,to much can happen.

iRepDMV 04-12-2012 11:23 AM

[quote=mredskins;908182]I say 7-9 with a lot of ups and downs.

I wonder if Rex or RG3/Luck is day one starter?[/quote]

I think we gave away too much to not have RG3 starting day one.