Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/)
-   -   Metta World War (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/47513-metta-world-war.html)

DynamiteRave 04-24-2012 12:33 AM

Metta World War

A lot of people (read as: Lakers fans) are arguing that Ron Artest had tried to be softer and more cuddly ever since the Malice at the Palace incident and that this was an accident, Harden got in his way intentionally, during Artest's celebration.

Intentional or unintentional? You decide.

[YT]4iKxuxN_hYg[/YT]

p.s. they're also trying to figure out what his punishment should be.

RobH4413 04-24-2012 12:37 AM

Intentional. He shouldn't play in the playoffs at the very least.

mredskins 04-24-2012 12:38 AM

This is pretty sad but I just now figured out he changed his name!

hooskins 04-24-2012 12:46 AM

I don't even know why this is a debate.

Clear thugging intent. Once a thug always a thug. Ron Artest should be suspended indefinitely. Walking oxymoron.

Lotus 04-24-2012 12:48 AM

Re: Metta World War

Metta is a Pali Buddhist word which means "lovingkindness."

That was anything but "lovingkind." That was intentional court douchebaggery.

FRPLG 04-24-2012 12:57 AM

Honestly, and I can't believe I am about to say this, I'm not so sure it was intentional. Stupid and reckless? Oh yeah. But it almost seemed like he was just completely in crazy person blinders mode and just flailed at the wrong time and having no self control just decked him. He never even looked like he knew anyone was there...in a crazy way. I had expected to be convinced it was totally obvious but I am really not sure it was.

hooskins 04-24-2012 01:21 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG;911011]Honestly, and I can't believe I am about to say this, I'm not so sure it was intentional. Stupid and reckless? Oh yeah. But it almost seemed like he was just completely in crazy person blinders mode and just flailed at the wrong time and having no self control just decked him. He never even looked like he knew anyone was there...in a crazy way. I had expected to be convinced it was totally obvious but I am really not sure it was.[/QUOTE]

Watch it again in normal speed. Elbows are too high and he cocks them back. Also, if you elbowed someone accidentally you would know you contacted their head. If you were truly sorry you would apologize and see if harden is OK right there. Artest just runs away acting like nothing happened. Its what kids do when they've done something wrong and are in denial.

This guy is a reckless fool. He has a history of doing stuff like this and denying Any wrongdoing.

FRPLG 04-24-2012 02:02 AM

I tend to agree about him as a person. I still don't think he did it on purpose...meaning I don't think he saw Harden coming and tried intentionally to clock him. I think he was lost in his crazy pants mind and went to swing his arm wildly and recklessly and didn't care if he hit anything.

I didn't watch the game so I have no idea if there had been earlier issues but nothing happened that would logically have upset him and in slow motion he started swinging the arm before Harden bodied up on him.

I think he's just a crazy fool who clocked a guy out of reckless abandon and didn't really care. If he turns around immediately and apologizes the whole discussion today is different. But it seems to me his default behavior is "what? me? I didn't do anything." and that made him look very guilty in the moment.

dmek25 04-24-2012 07:48 AM

he is flat out nuts. surprizes stuff like this doesnt happen more. and has a track record. should be at least 20 games

Dirtbag59 04-24-2012 08:05 AM

It's funny the difference between hockey and basketball. Hockey there would have been a huge scrum on top of the suspension. In basketball its just a bunch of guys standing around afraid to get suspended for standing up for their teammate. Kind of agree with it from the standpoint of self rule allows for abuse but then again bureaucrats can be to soft with issues like this.

[QUOTE=dmek25;911023]he is flat out nuts. surprizes stuff like this doesnt happen more. and has a track record. should be at least 20 games[/QUOTE]

He's a repeat repeat REPEAT offender. I wouldn't be surprised if he got banned for life at this point. There have been times where David Stern has made Goodell look lenient.

Monkeydad 04-24-2012 11:21 AM

Clearly intentional. Harden ran into Artest, who actually pushed him away before the shot.

Artest has mental issues, aside from the idiotic name change. He needs to be sat down for the rest of the year and playoffs.

I hope OKC knocks the Lakers out of the playoffs.

Check out Ron at 0:50, looks like he's imitating a gorilla.

12thMan 04-24-2012 11:27 AM

Yeah, it was on purpose.

But let's give him the benefit of the doubt for a second, if it wasn't on purpose why didn't he stop in his tracks and check on Harden. Surely he felt it. Artest (**** Metta World Peace) kept on down court. Even after unintentional flagrant fouls, players usually help the other guy up or kinda stand around waiting for a reaction of some sort. Nothing.

mooby 04-24-2012 11:53 AM

Yeah, it's what he does after it happens that makes me think he's guilty. If this was accidental, he sure didn't do a good job in the way that he handled it. No doubt he gets a suspension on this one.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-24-2012 01:33 PM

As a level headed laker's fan (one of the easiest group of sports fans people love to bash), Artest/Metta deserves whatever punishment they hand out. I'm betting anywhere from 5-10 games. I know there is some bad blood between the 2 but that kind of stuff has no place on the court. Sad thing is that he'd been playing well and he hasn't had an issue even remotely like this in the last 3 years. Just plain stupid.

Monkeydad 04-24-2012 03:18 PM

I'll expect him to pull our the argument with Stern:

"This is the first incident by someone named World Peace...Metta has no prior history. You can't punish me for prior incidents done by someone else with a different name."