Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who's going to Hawaii to see the Pro Bowl? No One! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47567)

CRedskinsRule 04-26-2012 10:04 AM

Who's going to Hawaii to see the Pro Bowl? No One!

At least it looks that way.

Reports are the game has been suspended indefinitely. Couldn't happen to a nicer game!

Hopefully, a good replacement idea will be found.

[url=http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7857508/nfl-moving-suspend-pro-bowl-sources-say]NFL moving to suspend Pro Bowl, sources say - ESPN Chicago[/url]
[quote]The Pro Bowl currently is on the NFL's calendar the week before the Super Bowl in New Orleans on Feb. 3 but no game site has been listed because of its precarious status, sources added.[/quote]

tryfuhl 04-26-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Who's going to Hawaii to see the Pro Bowl? No One!

welp

mredskins 04-26-2012 10:09 AM

Thank god, that game sucks.

Just say this is the Pro Bowl rosters but don't actually play the game, it is such a waste of time.

Ruhskins 04-26-2012 10:18 AM

Here is my idea for changing the Pro Bowl:

Continue with the selection/balloting process for selecting players to the Pro Bowl. Instead of having the pro players game, they should have a game similar to the Senior Bowl, where the top prospects get to showcase themselves. And have some type of awards ceremony to honor the Pro Bowlers, and maybe they can do the other NFL awards (MVP, rookie of the year, etc., etc.)

MTK 04-26-2012 10:59 AM

Let 'em play 7 on 7

NC_Skins 04-26-2012 11:04 AM

I would like to see events like the ones we used to see in the NFL Quarterback Challenge. Always enjoyed watching those. Still remember Dan Marino hitting a 50 yard target on the bulls eye back in the day.

Daseal 04-26-2012 11:45 AM

Yeah, I'd watch fastest man, strongest man, QB challenge, etc. What ever happened to those?

sandtrapjack 04-26-2012 12:27 PM

NFL will have a hard time finding a solution to this one. Primarily for the fact that the Players Union does have a say on the subject of the Pro Bowl. Too many player contracts have "Pro Bowl incentives" written in to them that the NFLPA will certainly raise some concerns.

I heard then talking about this on the radio this morning. I chuckled when one of the radio personalities said that the "players look forward to going to Hawaii after the season". And that is so way off the mark.

I lived in the Aloha State for 10 years, and saw 8 Pro Bowls. It was the only football we got over there. So who was selected was a big deal.

So if the players liked going to Hawaii so much, how come every time a big name makes the roster, when it comes time for the game, they elect to have "some type of minor off season surgery"? The Pro Bowl rosters and the way the NFL has to fill them in recent years has become a joke. It seems more and more, they are having to use alternates for the alternates just to fill a roster. Simply because the starters that are chosen simply don't want to go. They are proud to be selected, but they don't want to make the appearances.

And I just do not think that is the product the league wants to put on the field.

MTK 04-26-2012 12:34 PM

Regarding player incentives, you can name a Pro Bowl roster without playing the game.

skinsguy 04-26-2012 12:56 PM

It's about time they put that game out of its misery. Boring doesn't even begin to describe the Pro Bowl.

firstdown 04-26-2012 12:57 PM

Quick fix:

BIKINI BOWL.

We just need to work on this a little to bring the males of the world what they really want.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v5rdIMxCMM&feature=related]Bikini Football "Highlight 2 Run Vanessa Run" - YouTube[/ame]

sportscurmudgeon 04-26-2012 12:59 PM

One other factor here is that the NFL does not make money putting on the Pro Bowl. The TV money is very small - - for the simple reason that no one watches.

Players do not want to play in the game. (Anyone tune in to watch any of last year's game? I've seen better tackling and blocking in JV Middle School games!)

Fans do not want to attend the game. (Was the stadium half-full last year?)

Fans do not watch on TV. (Ratings are better than infomercials at 2:00AM, but not a whole lot better.)

So add it all up.

No one really cares about the game and the game is losing money... Its days are numbered.

RIP.

SmootSmack 04-26-2012 01:08 PM

Ratings are only slightly better than a 2am infomercial? Are you joking?

NC_Skins 04-26-2012 01:16 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;911943]Ratings are only slightly better than a 2am infomercial? Are you joking?[/quote]

So are you saying the infomercials actually have much higher ratings?

:laughing-

At least I get to see this watching Kevin Trudeau's stuff.

:silly:

[IMG]http://www.infomercial-hell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/trudeau_sara_kara.jpg[/IMG]

mlmpetert 04-26-2012 01:17 PM

[quote=Daseal;911906]Yeah, I'd watch fastest man, strongest man, QB challenge, etc. What ever happened to those?[/quote]

I loved these too. A whole day of drills and combine type stuff for the leauges biggest names would be awesome.

But yeah the actual game itself sucks. And i like Matty's idea if its a 7 on 7 flag football / nba jam type game thats no longer then an hour including halftime and breaks and stuff.