Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Younger Brother of Vernon and Vonte Davis Suspected of Killing Spree (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47586)

Dirtbag59 04-28-2012 12:23 AM

Younger Brother of Vernon and Vonte Davis Suspected of Killing Spree

Probably the most bizarre story I've seen in a while. Vernon went on record as saying that younger brother Michael would easily be more talented than him and Vonte.
[IMG]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/vernonvontae.jpg?w=250[/IMG]
[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/brother-of-vernon-vontae-davis-arrested-suspected-of-murder/]Michael Davis, brother of Vernon and Vontae Davis, arrested and suspected of murder | ProFootballTalk[/url]

[quote]The Associated Press reports that 19-year-old Michael Davis was arrested and accused of striking a woman in the head with a hammer. Police are investigating whether he is also responsible for a series of similar attacks, including the killing of a 66-year-old man. Davis’ father confirmed to ABC 7 in Washington that Michael Davis is the younger brother of Vernon and Vontae.[/quote]

[quote]Vernon Davis ‏ @VernonDavis85 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Just got a disturbing call from back home in washington dc. A good day gone bad! Hopefully he wasn't involved!
[/quote]

[quote]“Michael is more talented than both Vontae and I. I just hope he works hard and sticks with it so he can join us in the NFL one day.”
[/quote]

tryfuhl 04-28-2012 02:30 AM

Re: Younger Brother of Vernon and Vonte Davis Suspected of Killing Spree

shit

DynamiteRave 04-28-2012 02:33 AM

I guess sometimes the apples do fall far from the tree. What a horrible way to squander your talent.

skinsfaninok 04-28-2012 02:44 AM

Geez striking someone in the head w a damn hammer has got to b the worst thing to do imo.. as for killing a 66 year old man? If true I hope this dude never makes it to jail

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-28-2012 07:15 AM

Wow. Crazy story.

mooby 04-28-2012 08:02 AM

Yeah that's gotta suck for his family. Oh well. If he did do everything they suspect of him I wouldn't expect to see him walking the streets for a long time.

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-28-2012 08:16 AM

[quote=mooby;912812]Yeah that's gotta suck for his family. Oh well. If he did do everything they suspect of him I wouldn't expect to see him walking the streets for a long time.[/quote]

If he did everything they suspect him of he should never walk the streets again.

SmootSmack 04-28-2012 09:22 AM

Jeez. Davis is such a common last name that I never thought he was their younger brother when I first heard the story. That's awful.

NC_Skins 04-28-2012 10:03 AM

Public execution IMO if guilty.

Dirtbag59 04-28-2012 10:24 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;912848]Public execution IMO if guilty.[/quote]

I kind of hope so but whoever did it is probably very mentally ill compared to other killers. It's just so bizarre that even though I don't like it I could easily see an insanity defense playing out.

I think Vernon thinks he did it though. In his tweet he doesn't defend his brother rather starts to distance himself from him. He probably knows he's disturbed and believes he's capable of pulling it off. If he didn't think he did it he probably would have said something that basically declared his brothers innocence. Granted it also seems to indicate he believes its a group of people that are pulling off the killings.

skinsfan69 04-28-2012 05:09 PM

What kind of sick fu$%k goes around beating innocent people with a hammer? He needs to go to jail and never ever ever get out. Vernon and Vonta need to come back here and severly beat his ass.

NYCSkin 04-28-2012 08:21 PM

I emailed my sister--who not too long ago bought a place in Petworth--about these hammer attacks earlier this week. All the victims were found less than 5 blocks from her place.

Crazy that it could be the younger brother of Vernon and Vonte Davis...

Chico23231 04-28-2012 08:45 PM

[quote=NYCSkin;913541]I emailed my sister--who not too long ago bought a place in Petworth--about these hammer attacks earlier this week. All the victims were found less than 5 blocks from her place.

Crazy that it could be the younger brother of Vernon and Vonte Davis...[/quote]

wow bro, that is crazy ish.

This dude needs to be put down.

DynamiteRave 04-28-2012 10:36 PM

[quote=NYCSkin;913541]I emailed my sister--who not too long ago bought a place in Petworth--about these hammer attacks earlier this week. All the victims were found less than 5 blocks from her place.

Crazy that it could be the younger brother of Vernon and Vonte Davis...[/quote]

That must've been scary for your sister. Glad she's okay.

Dirtbag59 04-28-2012 10:45 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;912799]I guess sometimes the apples do fall far from the tree. What a horrible way to squander your talent.[/quote]

I think some sort of mental illness will make it's way to the surface. Attacking 4 or 5 people in 72 hours randomly with a hammer, I mean obviously all killers are disturbed but these are just so random and brutal that something very specific has to be at work like extreme manic depression.

mlmdub130 04-29-2012 07:15 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;913625]I think some sort of mental illness will make it's way to the surface. Attacking 4 or 5 people in 72 hours randomly with a hammer, I mean obviously all killers are disturbed but these are just so random and brutal that something very specific has to be at work like extreme manic depression.[/quote]

the details that will come out from this should be interesting. there had to be something very wrong with his brain for him to do this to one person let alone 5 or 6. and in the police report it says he passed by one victim and smiled at them while passing them by, only to hit them in the head with a hammer, just unreal.