Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Colin Powell: U.S. was set for war with Iraq before his U.N. speech (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47772)

NC_Skins 05-10-2012 12:33 PM

Colin Powell: U.S. was set for war with Iraq before his U.N. speech

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/colin-powell-u-set-war-iraq-u-n-143557873.html]Colin Powell: U.S. was set for war with Iraq before his U.N. speech | The Lookout - Yahoo! News[/url]

[QUOTE]Powell points a finger at Dick Cheney and the former vice president's Chief of Staff Scooter Libby as the ones responsible for providing the inaccurate information about Iraq's possession of weapons of mass destruction, the Huffington Post reports.

In the book, Powell notes the weapons of mass destruction case "was a disaster."

"I learned later that Scooter Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, had authored the unusable presentation, not the NSC staff. And several years after that, I learned from Dr. [Condoleezza] Rice that the idea of using Libby had come from the Vice President, who had persuaded the President to have Libby, a lawyer, write the 'case' as a lawyer's brief and not as an intelligence assessment."[/QUOTE]

How is it that these individuals are not being held for any sort of crime (even treason wouldn't be a stretch)??

firstdown 05-10-2012 12:52 PM

Re: Colin Powell: U.S. was set for war with Iraq before his U.N. speech

So what Powell is saying is that he does not know the difference between a lawyers brief and a intelligence assessment as a FOUR STAR GENERAL.

RedskinRat 05-11-2012 04:00 PM

Wasn't there a UN mandate 1441 that was unanimously supported for this war?

Amusing that people still think we 'just went to war'. **** sake!

That Guy 05-11-2012 06:46 PM

either way, this isn't really news and hasn't been for years now.

hooskins 05-12-2012 09:36 AM

He's implied this before but saying it now. We've all known it.

Quite ridiculous though. Considering how much money and lives have been lost in Iraq for no reason.

Chico23231 05-12-2012 12:28 PM

[quote=hooskins;916737]He's implied this before but saying it now. We've all known it.

Quite ridiculous though. Considering how much money and lives have been lost in Iraq for no reason.[/quote]

Well Orin Hatch stood up in the Capital and told the American people that the war wouldnt cost us a thing, the oil profits return would cover everything.

Dirtbag59 05-12-2012 02:44 PM

Talking to my Dad last night the Republicans are poised to make the same mistake with Iran. I mean for FOUR ****ING YEARS they talked about financial restraint and cutting big government. Now they want to go to war which I'm sure will be cheap.

He then told me about how torture helped us kill Osama Bin Laden when at the same time it sent us to Iraq because of course under torture the suspect usually tells the interrogators what they want to hear to make the pain stop and of course in that case they wanted to hear that Sadam had weapons of mass destruction and didn't stop water boarding until they heard about the WMD's.

Were 2 Bush **** ups not enough? Do we need someone outside the Bush family to make the same mistake by going to war with yet another Middle Eastern country?

firstdown 05-14-2012 09:49 AM

Who in the hell from the Rep. party is saying we need to go to war with Iran? Your Dad? LOL

SmootSmack 05-14-2012 10:33 AM

[quote=That Guy;916700]either way, this isn't really news and hasn't been for years now.[/quote]

All of this...with a bag of of chips, and dip plus two hot dogs with relish and mustard, plus a large orange soda