Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Redskins' and Cowboys' Salary Cap Challenge Dismissed (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/47910-redskins-cowboys-salary-cap-challenge-dismissed.html)

SmootSmack 05-22-2012 11:43 AM

Redskins' and Cowboys' Salary Cap Challenge Dismissed

Per multiple sources, the arbitrator (Mr. Burbank) has dismissed their challenge to get back cap space

sandtrapjack 05-22-2012 11:44 AM

Re: Redskins' and Cowboys' Salary Cap Challenge Dismissed

Just caught this on Twitter:

[quote]Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Professor Burbank dismissed the Redskins and Cowboys challenges to get back salary-cap space they lost.[/quote]

mlmpetert 05-22-2012 11:50 AM

Yeah complete bs.

Is this likely the end of the whole thing?

mooby 05-22-2012 11:51 AM

F that MFer. Ridiculous.

Paintrain 05-22-2012 11:54 AM

You beat me to the punch on this.. That really sucks, the owners got their revenge on Snyder for skewing the salary scales at some positions.. F-em. Makes me want to kick their assess that much more and hope Goodell has to grit his teeth and hand Snyder the Lombardi trophy.

JoeRedskin 05-22-2012 11:55 AM

Although I was hoping for a different result, I am not really deeply surprised. As I think was discussed (argued) in the other thread, this was (IMHO) the weakest argument (penalties violated the CBA) for the Skins to make.

If true, it will interesting to see if the Skins can/will pursue this as a civil matter in Federal court.

NC_Skins 05-22-2012 11:59 AM

This is just mind boggling. Not even sure how this can be dismissed.

SFREDSKIN 05-22-2012 12:02 PM

Sue all their F'ing asses!! and then kick it!!

CRedskinsRule 05-22-2012 12:05 PM

I imagine Hoophead's arguments won the day. If Vilma can sue, it will be interesting to see if DS or JJ decide to take it up in court. My guess is probably not. Just push through the 2 years, and then go forward not making VC type deals.

JoeRedskin 05-22-2012 12:07 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;918031]This is just mind boggling. Not even sure how this can be dismissed.[/quote]

Simple - I am betting that Burbank's decision reads like some version of this:

1. Parties to the 2012 CBA = NFL & NFLPA;
2. Players & NFL agreed to the restructured salary cap for 2012, 2013;
3. Individual clubs have no standing to in this forum to challenge the agreement between the NFL & NFLPA.

Just read Hoophead's discussion in the old closed thread. I am betting the arbitrator pretty much followed the same line of reasoning.

celts32 05-22-2012 12:20 PM

What a joke. To angry to even get my thoughts together on this...

NC_Skins 05-22-2012 12:21 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;918039]Simple - I am betting that Burbank's decision reads like some version of this:

1. Parties to the 2012 CBA = NFL & NFLPA;
2. Players & NFL agreed to the restructured salary cap for 2012, 2013;
3. Individual clubs have no standing to in this forum to challenge the agreement between the NFL & NFLPA.

Just read Hoophead's discussion in the old closed thread. I am betting the arbitrator pretty much followed the same line of reasoning.[/quote]

So because the NFLPA signed off on this, it pretty much ****ed our team. DeMaurice Smith is a doucebag. That dude signed off on it because the salary cap and benefits would have been lowered and he was trying to get re-elected back into power. **** that guy.

Paintrain 05-22-2012 12:22 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;918031]This is just mind boggling. Not even sure how this can be dismissed.[/quote]

As we've seen many, many times over, the NFL operates under their own set of rules that are outside of the laws of normal business and society. Damn shame but it is the system they've set up.

Monkeydad 05-22-2012 12:24 PM

I'm not surprised, the collusion is taking over. It's clear that Mara, Goodell and the other owners are targeting Snyder and Jones because they're Snyder and Jones.

Take it to a judge in Philly...yeah...sure...fair.