Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   slight re-design of home page (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4799)

MTK 02-14-2005 02:45 PM

slight re-design of home page

Check it out and let me know what you think, in the center you'll find the last 15 threads, pulled from every forum on the site.

Daseal 02-14-2005 02:46 PM

Re: slight re-design of home page

Not bad matty - I was always a fan of the news wire going down one side since that's different from discussion. All in all not bad though!

SmootSmack 02-14-2005 02:48 PM

I like it, very easy to navigate and follow the latest threads

MTK 02-14-2005 02:49 PM

I like the seperate news wire too but I can't figure out how to make it work though

skins009 02-14-2005 02:51 PM

Where is the links to recent skins news. That my favorite part of the site.

MTK 02-14-2005 02:53 PM

does anyone actually read before posting? LOL

MTK 02-14-2005 02:56 PM

Keep in mind the changes aren't necessarily permanent, I'm just messing around trying to see what works and if we can make the home page more user friendly. I'm already getting PM's asking for the 'old' look back, please be patient while I work out some kinks, thanks.

CrazyCanuck 02-14-2005 03:00 PM

I like the thread links down the middle. Can see things quicker. I did like the news wire too, though it wouldn't be bad if the news wire links were included with the thread links.

SmootSmack 02-14-2005 03:03 PM

Can you reduce the number of latest threads and put the latest News Wire threads below them?

CrazyCanuck 02-14-2005 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Can you reduce the number of latest threads and put the latest News Wire threads below them?[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Maybe 5 thread links and 5 news links?

PS - I'm only suggesting - not complaining!

MTK 02-14-2005 03:16 PM

how about now, latest threads running down the left, news wire in the middle, so it's basically just the opposite of the original look

Daseal 02-14-2005 03:20 PM

I also personally liked the site the original way. I know a lot of people don't like to participate in the parking lot, that can clutter up redskins news. The news wire descriptions are kinda useless simply because the only content most of them have is the link. Either way, I have no problem clicking forum and browsing like usual! 8)

Daseal 02-14-2005 03:24 PM

One other odd thing that happens is I'll post, it'll say server busy, so I wait to post and then it turns out it actually did post. Not sure if that's something controlable on your end.

MTK 02-14-2005 03:25 PM

I kinda like the news in the middle, the link is right there and you don't have to click on the thread link first to get the link to the story, that could probably save us some bandwidth

cpayne5 02-14-2005 03:25 PM

I like having the threads in the center and the news on the left. I think having the intro to the threads is nice, while the titles to news articles tell you enough about them to know if you want to read them or not.

If I had a vote, I'd vote to put it back the way it was.